44 coaches online • Server time: 14:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
You don't think it's an obvious bug when the client prompts you to use a team reroll outside of your turn?

Well, it's not obvious because for an averagly informed coach there is no concept of when the turn has started and when it is in between turns. He just is going to see the client prompt a re-roll option and is going to natually assume it's fine.
The average coach, even if he was told by his opponent what to do, he'd go like: The guy is telling me bs and click whatever he likes because obvious it is not. But w/e.

Last edited by Wreckage on Oct 09, 2016 - 00:52; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 00:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is obvious. One big difference between table top and fumbbl is in TT people are often shouting out for a rule book, delve into the pages together, argue over interpretation together, and move forward together.

In Fumbbl all rules are implemented automatically. Delving into the rule book during a match is rare unless you're looking up the effects of skills you're unfamiliar with.

I agree it would be unusual to shout out on a blitz "you know you're not allowed to reroll the catch". More likely it'll happen afterwards. "you know you're not allowed to do that"... which could easily be interpreted as "Cheat!", and that, even more than whinging about luck, is likely to turn things sour.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What does the big button say? You know the one you click when you finish moving all your mens into position, at the end of each and every turn you play?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Was it me who said something to you?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
Was it me who said something to you?

To me? No, I think it might actually have been AD, in a game 2-3 months ago. Not 100% sure though.

I agree with those that say it's not that obvious. Not every coach is intimately familiar with every small detail of the rulebook, especially those that don't play TT regularly. As others have said, I think many coaches would just assume the client is right and click without giving it a second thought.

Although, I agree with AD, that it could have a significant impact on the game, if a player catches the ball on a Blitz! rather than dropping it.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Oct 09, 2016 - 01:37; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:25
FUMBBL Staff

This is the bug list:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs

It is very long.

What would be useful would be summary lists of in game bugs. Maybe a sticky at the top of a forum.

1) Most importantly: game breakers (e.g. side step shadow), what to do to avoid it
2) Rules divergence (e.g. the blitz catch), ones which can be corrected
3) Other common bugs (e.g. blood lust turn ender), ones where you simply throw your hands up in the air and say "too bad"
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:33
FUMBBL Staff

That's a great idea. I'd be happy to contribute to the list, if someone would organize and post it somewhere.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramchop has an excellent point though, unless you know that you shouldn't you won't think twice about clicking yes.

And most people will not have the rulebook next to them as 1. The current rules don't exist on paper.
2. Some members of fumbbl do not own the tt game
3. People who do like me and own a copy of lrb5 and have read crp rules don't keep one open or next to their desk.

Let me put it this way if you were playing call of duty, aimed at a guys chest and got a headshot your first thought is more likely to be "ooh headshot" not "oh that's not right better restart the level"

When you are playing a game on a media platform your brain assumes everything works like it's supposed to and 99% of the time it has no reason not to.

So while I'm not saying people should activly exploit the bug, but maybe if you see it happening or just happened link the coach to this thread or known bugs link, I for one wouldn't try to get a game unscheduled over it, maybe unless I saw a coach do it multiple times.

But being honest here for this to even occur there is quite a list.

A. Get a blitz
B. Ball didn't go out of bounds.
C. Get to ball square with a player without failing a dodge, GFI or block roll on the blitz, or a leap.
D. The player in question doesn't have catch.
E. The player fails the catch
F. The team has atleast 1 RR to spare

So you know, common as muck Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

G. The coach opts to use the RR.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
I got a Blitz! kick-off result against someone I played a couple of months back and they claimed at the time that, according to the BB rules, you're not supposed to be able to use a team reroll [on the catch after] Blitz!

I usually inform my opponent of this rule when applicable (not me this time though).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 04:05
FUMBBL Staff

Kryten wrote:
That's a great idea. I'd be happy to contribute to the list, if someone would organize and post it somewhere.

OK I've started a list. But I need help, I haven't played anywhere near as many games of FUMBBL as many of you have.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks, is there an official decision on this? What should happen when this happens.

I'm kinda leaning towards house ruling it legal.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

House ruling it legal could be game changing, please no.
As an aside, I'd like to know (I asked 3 admins and I still have no official ruling) if the coach exploiting the team rr catch bug during Blitz! could lose the game by admin concession.
Because, if the game is just cancelled, a coach who is losing could deliberately rr the catch to cancel the game and avoid the loss.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd expect the game would just be cancelled,and the admins would track who has had games cancelled due to using that big, and if it repeats too often, then they would privately discuss with that individual about it. No need to involve the rest of us, and ensures that everyone has the benefit of the doubt when it occurs.

That being said, I've had Treeman bugs used against me in majors. I do understand how annoying it can be. But these are obscure bugs. I hope they get fixed, but I wouldn't consider a lot of them top priority.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

•Abusing obvious bugs for your own benefit is not allowed.
 Jump to: