73 coaches online • Server time: 21:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to help out? :)
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Uh, uh sir where is the pie
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

FinnDiesel

Post 6 Posted: Jan 23, 2019 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, Diesel of the Finn here I have recently signed the adoption papers of a Wikia on the Wikia Fandom site, and what wikia you may ask? A blood bowl wikia
https://bloodbowl.wikia.com which is currently a run-down and unorganised mess of a Wiki and I have set out to restore the Wikia to educate and make people interested into the game if they search it for said reason.

The Wikia has many faults which I will list now:

Firstly, I have been spring cleaning all irrelevant pages such as “Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.” which is one of the many troll pages which have went into the realm of deletion and irrelevant pages such as “Beach blood Bowl” with the only sentence of ‘Blood Bowl on the Beach’ which is completely irrelevant and was removed. I have been doing this, However I am deciding if I should or should not delete all the pages and start again?

Secondly is the categories, which is a inbuilt feature and I believe automatic page on where everything is categorised and it is underogranised and many irrelevant and false redirecting pages.

Thirdly is the lack of Layout on most pages, with the exceptions of the first few created by the original admins which still looks shit I have been updating and rewriting some of these (see Recent Wikia Activity) Some are in a layout of a table for example like Wikipedia whilst others with headings and no images.

Fourthly, the plagiarism and spelling in most pages across the Wikia with a few exceptions however across the Wikia when organisation is fixed it will be replace but I am not for sure.

Why FUMBBL?

However, the question is why I post here? Why not on steam or talk Fantasy football (yet) well the reason I have I believe FUMBBL is a great place to start or organise or ‘rally’ some people or get contributions to do said thing. I believe FUMBBL has a active member count and a great community with experienced minds and that is why I post here asking for contributions.

As Everyone can see on the right of the Fourm heading there is help which is a heaven of Blood Bowl Knowledge such as One turn touch down guides and listing the rosters of Teams which I found really useful however I don’t think it is accessible by a ordinary goer unless typing a presific search into Google however on Blood Bowl it has shown up on the first page.

I have also have stats for this, on Average about 300 people look at the Blood Bowl Wikia each day, and in the last seven days whilst typing this on the 23d of January over the last seven days 2.3k views have reached the site which could possibly mean more knowledge and getting people into Blood Bowl.

Now, I wish to make a few pages or a page or ‘advertise’ in a way on how to get a account on FUMBBL or just generally redirecting viewers to FUMBBL = more members in theory.

So the End goals of this Wikia project is

Provide a Wikia for rookie coaches as well as providing infomation and details such as skills and rosters

Attract more players to the Blood Bowl Game as well as advertising different tourneys such as the NAFC

Tell people on the other side of Blood Bowl who doesn’t know about the free service of FUMBBL getting them to make accounts and join the community

Thanks, I hope to see your opinions on this

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2019 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bbtactics.com has lots of good basic information about players, skills etc

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2019 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Point, however this is just another source for Blood Bowl and it helps the development of FUMBBL and the thing I dislike about Bbtactics is the layout on where to find stuff unless you use the search button which sometimes doesn’t get the relevant result

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2019 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna be part of this. My brain is crashing on me, though. Anything else I say on the matter will have to wait for morning.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2019 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Enabled Live chat features, as well as comments on pages

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2019 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Deleted most pages, restarting the wikia. Help!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2019 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you delete everything if you have nothing to replace it with?
Fanky

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2019 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? For the glory of Satan of course! *insert meme here*
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2019 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
Why would you delete everything if you have nothing to replace it with?
The Majority of the pages only had a few lines and these few lines didn’t provide anything, so the next few days I will be revamping all of the deleted pages.

The pages I deleted for example was like Referee ‘the person who stops fouls and secret weapons’

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I get that you wanted to make things better mate, but typically it's not a great idea to burn the house down when you haven't prepared a replacement yet.

Any estimates or progress on where you're at in that regard?
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Roto wrote:
I get that you wanted to make things better mate, but typically it's not a great idea to burn the house down when you haven't prepared a replacement yet.

Any estimates or progress on where you're at in that regard?
Didn’t thought of that, been remaking some pages and navigation bar

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2019 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like there isn't much on there now after deletions, so hopefully you do well with your progress.
Right now it appears to more of a vehicle for Cyanide BB1 and BB2 games than anything else. One thing with FUMBBL is it is known as "Fantasy Football" rather than official.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

hows the wiki coming along?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

DONT start with bb2. put up photos of nice stadiums.
Start with describing the game (tt, author, year, then fumbbl with link, naf, bb2..) in the inicial description.
Then chapters with history, fluff, platforms, events like World cup, tactics, bb versions (bb7s, etc.).
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Get some pictures of real minis on the front page.

Jump to: