34 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
asteflix

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Part Deux

The grades will go as follow:

A+ = A brilliancy, not only the best player at the time of availability but also the best positional for that player, a player with great upside potential and no downside potential or close to none.

A = Quite simply, best player at the time of drafting. This player will be a great boon and a source of jealousy from other coaches

A- = Amazing player, but with some question marks attached. For example, a great player that in my opinion was drafted as the wrong positional.

B+ = Very solid pick, or the filling of a serious need on the team, that helps beef up the team without the player being a complete star.

B= Solid pick, mostly perfect skill selection, slightly forgettable however.

B- = Good pick, but could have been slightly better or could have traded down before selecting it

C+ = Good pick, but completely forgettable player or marginal upside to the team.

C = Medium pick, nothing exciting about it, just filling out the team's depth or fringe upside.

C- = Less than medium pick, upside completely absent, essentially a wash of a pick.

D+ = Bad pick, but has some possibility of ending up as a not terrible pick in the future.

D = Bad pick, coach hurt himself in it's confusion, creates problems for the team.

D- = Terrible pick, makes the team worse by picking him or will necessitate another pick in the future to replace him ASAP

F = No one should get an F grade, if you do see me after class we need to discuss your dedication to your craft.

Draft pick #17:
Coach JR selects Accurate,+AG,+AG, 36 SPP as a human thrower. This pick gets an A from me. This is a best in slot kind of player, amazing upsides and overall will be great for the team. What stops it from A+ however is the lack of a good receiver for his passes, otherwise amazing pick.

Draft pick #18:
Coach Garcangel selects 31spps Guard,+MA,Mighty Blow as a Dark Elf blitzer. This pick gets a B+ from me. This is a really really solid player, multipurposed as well. This is a great depth pick.

Draft pick #19:
Coach Dash selects a Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Break Tackle bull centaur. This pick gets a solid C+ from me. This is a 4 normals bull centaur that was picked in the first round, and while the player is good, he's the definition of a completely forgettable pick. Would've liked to see him picked later down the line, or Dillion Van Der Wall picked instead.

Draft pick #20:
Coach Doofr selects Side Step,+AG,Leap as a Witch Elf. This pick gets an A- from me. I love this pick so much, the only concern being the lack of wrestle for now but later down the road if it manages to survive this pick as the potential to be a total A+ player.

Draft pick #21:
Coach Bazakastine selects +AG Block Sure hands 38 spp as a skink. This is an A+ pick, it's got block, it's got sure hands, it's got +AG, and all three skills are necessary for a super skink to be assembled. It's both a perfect player now and also a player that has a lot of room to grow. I hate it

Draft pick #22:
Coach Ex-con selects 53 spps / Block,Guard,Tackle,Mighty Blow as a Khorne Herald. This is a B pick for me. It's a completely fine player, it's probably the four skills that would have been taken if all normals came, and so it gets a B from me.

Draft pick #23:
Coach Menona selects 53 spps / Block,Guard,Dodge,Mighty Blow as a Chaos Warrior. This is a standard, good pick so this gets a B from me. I don't value dodge too too much on CWs so it doesn't bump it up a grade.

Draft pick #24:
Coach Arcayn selects 31 Mighty Blow,Frenzy,Juggernaut as a high elf blitzer. This pick gets an B+ from me. This is a very solid pick, two doubles and a great mix of skills on a player that's sure to cause headaches to opponents. Flix approves of this pick.

Draft pick #25:
Coach Kzarik selects 57spp. Dodge, Block, Tackle, MB as a black orc. This pick gets a B from me. Solid black orc, dodge will pair well with stand firm at super star but other than that it's a purely depth pick and kzarik is sure to enjoy it.

Draft pick #26:
Coach Robo selects 54 spp Block Dodge, tackle, +Ma as a beastman. This is a C+ pick for me, I don't personally value +MA all that much on beastmen so I mostly see it as a whatever pick, who fills out the depth but doesn't really anchor the team or anything like that.

Draft pick #27:
Coach Thoralf selects Dodge,Mighty Blow,Tackle,Guard, 53 spp as a dwarf blitzer. As thoralf said, surprising this pick went down this far. This is a B+ pick for me. A completely great blitzer, this is sure to be a really good player for the dwarves. dodge is also a nice added bonus.

Draft pick #28:
Coach Grue selects 51 spp; Block, Side Step, Tackle, Diving Tackle as an Orangutan. This pick gets a B- from me. It's a solid player, but it's kinda slow which makes me think another pick might've been preferable, but to be fair the draft was kinda dry for the apes at this point.

Draft pick #29:
Coach Amon selects 63 Mighty Blow,Block,Tackle,Guard as a pestigor for his nurgle team. That pick gets a B from me. Completely serviceable player, but it's four normals so I don't give it too much weight.

Draft pick #30:
Coach Jeffro selects 51 SPP Mighty Blow, Block, Tackle, Guard as a bloodletter. This pick gets a B from me. Again, a four normals completely serviceable player which means it's a B.

Draft pick #31:
Coach Mrt1212 selects 52 SPP: Tackle, Kick, Frenzy, [Skill] as a high elf lineman. This pick gets a C+ from me. This is a pick that suits it's coach very, very well but it's also not a gamechanger. I decided on this grade because i doubt that player will have much of an impact, but he's sure to force people to play around him.

Draft pick #32:
Coach Stimme, our royal overlord, selects 29 spps +MA Sidestep as a high elf catcher. This is a solid pick, gets a B+ from me. This guy is one touchdown away from block, and i'm sure will be a solid asset for stimme's offense in the coming season. Also, pauses some one turn touchdown threats.

Round 2+ will be rapidfire in part 3, Ex-pan will be part 4, and overall draft grades and review will be part 5. See you all then!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the fluff - keep up the good work
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Season 24 Preview

With the new season starting up this week, it's time for yet another round of Ex-con predictions. Since we have already discussed and debated the league in-depth in our recent video podcast, this article will be short and sweet. Likewise, since the dreaded and/or beloved ex-con curse is still going strong, one of you is about to be out of luck this year. Sorry / not sorry.

NFC

It's going to be tough to upset the established order in this conference, with five of last season's playoff teams (GB/Min/Phi/C'tl/LA) looking strong again...and that doesn't even include teams like Destroit (missed playoffs on tiebreakers), Chicago (Rel with low TV rats + wizards), Witchington (lost the East by 1 point), and Decay Bay (better in year 2). Maybe the tough cross-over matchups will open up a spot for an unexpected team or two?

NFC East

1. Phull-o-s'elfia Egos
2. Dallas Crowbar
3. Witchington Paleskins
4. New York Genocides

Philly will try to stay alive long enough to outscore everyone, which, unfortunately, they are good at. Dallas will be tough to beat in their first full season, after joining midway through last year. Meanwhile, both Witchington and New York will have solid seasons but won't quite be able to keep up.

NFC North

1. Destroit Lynels
2. Green Baynana Grabbers
3. Chicago Coronablights
4. Manglesota Vile Kings

Destroit is in the sweet spot right now of being a lean, mean, fighting machine, so they won't be giving up many inducements (to Rel, for example). Grue will likely suffer through some personnel losses this season, but manage to hang onto a playoff spot. Lastly, both Chicago and Manglesota would likely compete for a division title in any other part of the league, but when you're in the deepest quartet in the league, someone has to be left out.

NFC South

1. Decay Bay Bloateneers
2. Nawlins Lost Saints
3. Carolin' Reapers
4. Atlatl Flechettes

Decay Bay will wrap their slimy tentacles around both opponents and the division yet again with their suffocating defense. The Brasky's will continue to do what they do, and end up with a .500-ish record. Both new teams, Carolin' and Atlatl figure to be in for long seasons as they learn on the fly.

NFC West

1. Los Angeles Glams
2. C'attle C'haos
3. Hot Arizona Sticky
4. Fan Foulcisco Fakes

LA continues their hot streak from last season (only one loss on the way to the title) and captures the division crown this time. C'attle is neck-and-neck for the division, but makes the playoffs regardless. Arizona will again be very close to the playoffs, while Fan foul will again be very close to the top of the draft.

AFC

For Nuffle's sake, give us someone besides the Jortles from this conference! Whether it's Houston, New York (W), Las Vegas, or even the Indianapolis Hippies, anyone will do!!!

AFC East

1. New York Wrecks
2. Olde Reikland Paid Rioters
3. Meame Phrophins
4. Buffaelo Khills

New Year, Same Joe. JR will give his new Ag5 thrower a test run as he otherwise seeks to replicate last year's formula. Finally, it will be fun to watch both Meame and Buffaelo grow over the season as their coaches figure out their wacky rosters.

AFC North

1. Smaltimore Bedaines
2. Kaepsburgh Kneelers
3. Cincinnati Hydras
4. Cleaved Land Bedlam

If there's one division a new dwarf team can succeed, it's in a spot with two other new teams and a Necro team still reeling from the loss of Teresa "Aladdin Sane" Gervase SL. Of course, Kaepsburgh does still have Colin "King" Kaepernick to lead them. Lastly, Cinci and Cleaved seek to improve their rosters over the course of the year.

AFC South

1. Jakesonville Jortles
2. Houston T-Rexans
3. Indianapolis Hippies
4. Titannesse Kraken's

Another very deep division, but the Jortles are the bully on the block until someone proves otherwise. Houston is right there with them, however, and won't be far behind in the standings. The Hippies and the Krakens (not something I'd ever imagine typing) both have playoff aspirations of their own, however.

AFC West

1. Las Vegas Sinners
2. San Dogo Chompers
3. Kansas City Thiefs
4. Denver Brontos

Las Vegas seeks to redeem themselves after their multitude of travel issues last season, which prevented them from appearing for many of their games. The Chompers look to rebound from a historically poor season by their standards, armed with a stud top-5 draft pick. Finally, the Thiefs and Brontos will try to muscle their way to the top of the division.

----------------------

NFC Playoffs

1. Los Angeles Glams
2. Phull-o-s'elfia Egos
3. Destroit Lynels
4. Decay Bay Bloateneers
5. C'attle C'haos
6. Green Baynana Grabbers

NFC Championship

(1) Los Angeles Glams vs (2) Phull-o-s'elfia Egos

AFC Playoffs

1. Jakesonville Jortles
2. New York Wrecks
3. Las Vegas Sinners
4. Smaltimore Bedaines
5. Houston T-Rexans
6. San Dogo Chompers

AFC Championship

(1) Jakesonville Jortles vs (3) Las Vegas Sinners

NBFL Super Bowl 24

(N) Phull-o-s'elfia Egos vs (A) Las Vegas Sinners

Super Bowl Winner / Recipient of the Ex-con Curse

Phull-o-s'elfia Egos (Arcayn)

Best of luck to everyone else!

Don't drop the soap.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
NBFL Season 34 Expansion Draft Review

Draft pick #6:
Coach Arktoris selects a B, D, +ST 42spp pact linemen as pick #6. I give this pick a C. This pick gave me many question marks since his team seemed to be lacking a skaven linemen, and I think this player isn't gonna do much of anything for his team apart from being a beefy survivable tank. Wouldve liked to see a skaven linemen instead.

We welcome Franz to the team for his beautiful solid foundation. We were winning almost every game in season 2 when our draft pick had block, 4Ag, tackle. It gave us a space player to knock down key blodge opponents.

Franz's dodge and 4ST gives us hope to recreate the "Steppon Green" era of the glory days. furthermore, his foundation is good for so many tasks, including a ball runner.

We reject the skaven. He has less versatility than a human, low armor makes him a target, and animosity. We went with one our first season and he was out in 2 games. Not worth it.

We did however consider a goblin this season out of desperation and to finally use Billacheat's strong arm...but our choice for him was snatched up moments before our draft turn.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick check in to see if there are any rejects lying about who’s like a shot at glory in the CBFL. It’s a long shot because 1) I’d be there coach and 2) I’m not very good in 7’s. But why the hell not?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2020 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Dead and Wounded Update
tracking the dead players and wounded stars in season 24 of NBFL action

Week 1 - a bad week to be a Carl

RIP
Titannesse Kraken's Karlo "Grease" Roszado 6spp rotter
Cincinnati Hydras Carlos Dunlap 6spp blitzer

Injured Stars
Green Baynana Grabbers Mason Crosby -Str retired
Witchington Paleskins Art Monk - Str

Week 2 -

RIP
Cleaved Land Bedlam Joe DeSomethingFrench 11 spp Beastman
Fan Foulcisco Fakes Lorence Jillbarton 9 spp skaven thrower
Los Angeles Glams Greg "Pains" Gains 6spp lineman
Meame Phrophins Wolfman Jack [CONN]

Injured Stars
Kaepsburgh Kneelers T-Shirt Launcher Guy niggled
Phull-o-s'elfia Egos Devante Downs[NO] -AV
Fan Foulcisco Fakes Long Legs [CIN][url] -AV

Last edited by dashergeaux on %b %12, %2020 - %03:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2020 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawr.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2020 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 3 - a bad week to be anyone

RIP
Green Baynana Grabbers Adrian Amos 8 spp Silverback
Destroit Lynels Quandary Diggs Season 23 League Dirtbag went out being fouled!
Chicago Coronablights Jeff Gladney [TCU] 53 spp gutter
Dallas Crowbar Demarcus Lawrence 34 spp Slayer
New York Genocides Lorenzo Carter 13 spp Pit fighter
Buffaelo Khills LeSean McKhoy 6 spp Pit fighter
Meame Phrophins Jerimiah Jongeouler 6 spp lineman
Fan Foulcisco Fakes Tall Bunz 9 spp goblin

Injured Stars
Green Baynana Grabbers Devon Still [CIN] -AV
Green Baynana Grabbers Tramon Williams [CIN] niggled
Decay Bay Bloateneers James Wilder 35 spp pestigor 2nd -AG
Kaepsburgh Kneelers James "Silverback" Harrison, Jr. 36 spp Werewolf -AV
Dallas CrowbarZeke Elliot [DAL]. 52 spp Blocker -Ag
Kansas City ThiefsEric Fisher 71 spp lineman -MA
Olde Reikland Paid RiotersCharles Omenihu [TEX] 88spp blitzer niggled

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2020 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, league dirtbag down! who delivered the blow?
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2020 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Appears to have been Dawson Phillips... cousin of Wilson. He held on for one more foul.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2020 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

He may not be a Star, he certainly is a Star Player! Anqi Panqi also got permanently injured in week 3!
dashergeaux

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 4 - Bad mood Rison

RIP
Chicago Coronablights Falco Cutter 6 spp linerat
Destroit Lynels Matt Patricia's Pencil rookie hobgoblin
Houston T-Rexans Lonnie Johnson Jr 6 spp skink
Cleaved Land Bedlam Len Forge 6 spp beastman
Decay Bay Bloateneers Brian Kelly 6 spp rotter
Kaepsburgh Kneelers Dante "Inferno" Pettis [UDUB] 6 spp zombie
Dallas Crowbar Mike Weber 8 spp blocker
Denver Brontos Andre 'Shalaleigh' Rison 95 spp skink
Fan Foulcisco Fakes Jillhem Jorbrooze 9 spp goblin

Injured Stars
Jakesonville Jortles J Rob Morgan does he have legs at this point?
Jakesonville Jortles Jakewaan Taylor 31 spp lineman niggled
Indianapolis Hippies Charles Holmes (TX) 83 spp vamp -AG
Witchington Paleskins Zabron the Merciless (TX) 78 spp blitzer -MA
C'attle C'haos DeMarcus Bonesly Jr. [NAVY] (TX) 63 spp beastman -MA

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

J Rob Morgan has no shins. Feet are sewn to the knee.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

After getting whooped last week 4-0 vs Witchington, coach ex-convict said a lot of mean things to his players before the Dallas game.

Thus the league's star big (despite what the offseason voting claimed), bloodthirster Lawrence Terror sacrificed the aforementioned Mike Weber to Khorne on the very first turn. On the next, he badly hurt another dwarf who dared to be in range.

For whatever reason, Lawrence seems to get really fired up when playing vs Dallas, as he has inflicted two casualties in each of the three games against the franchise. Likewise, he has never recorded more than one injury in a game against any other franchise. Rumor has it that the coaching staff plans to tell Mr Terror that they are playing against Dallas every week from now on...

Blood for the Blood God!!

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 4.5 Recap

With four rounds of NBFL action in the books, as well as a few round five games already completed, let's take a look at the standings in each division:

AFC South vs NFC North

Easily identified as the toughest crossover grouping, each and every win has been earned so far. No one is out of the race yet, but there are opportunities to break out ahead of the pack.

NFC North

1. Destroit Lynels (3-1-0)
2. Chicago Coronablights (1-2-1)
3. Manglesota Vile Kings (1-1-2)
4. Green Baynana Grabbers (0-3-1)

Well, this is certainly a surprise so far. The two playoff teams from last season are looking up from the bottom, with returnee Destriot and newbie Chicago ahead of them right now. Most importantly, Green Baynana has started taking impactful casualties to their roster, though it would surprise no one if the inducements (or lack of giving up as many) would turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

AFC South

1. Jakesonville Jortles (2-2-0)
2. Houston T-Rexans (2-1-1)
3t. Titannesse Kraken's (0-2-2)
3t. Indianapolis Hippies (0-2-2)

Conversely, it has been business as usual in the AFC South. Jackesonville and Houston have two wins each, though the Jortles did win their head-to-head matchup after some poor lizard dice broke things open. Both Titannesee and Indy have some ground to make up, but it won't be easy as they each have to play three teams from the NFC North to wrap up the first half of the season.

AFC North vs NFC South

With a whopping five new teams combined in this grouping, would the veterans feast on the newcomers? Or would a few of them thrive in their trial-by-fire?

AFC North

1. Kaepsburgh Kneelers (3-0-2)
2. Cleaved Land Bedlam (2-1-1)
3. Smaltimore Bedaines (2-1-1)
4. Cincinnati Hydras (2-1-2)

So far, so good for the division with three brand new teams. In fact, this is the only division where each team has at least two wins. Kaepsberg is currently in the lead, though their rate of casualties taken might be unsustainable (18 in five games), even with regen on a lot of their players. Interestingly, somehow Smaltimore has two wins despite inflicting only three casualties in four games so far. Regardless, this may turn out to be a much more interesting division than we had incipated...

NFC South

1. Decay Bay Bloateneers (3-1-1)
2. Atlatl Flechettes (3-0-1)
3. Nawlins Lost Saints (1-0-4)
4. Carolin' Reapers (0-0-4)

Meanwhile, we see Decay Bay slowly wrapping their tentacles around the South...except that the upstarts in the ATL have managed to keep pace with them so far. Granted, the Bloats gave the baby lizards a 2-0 beatdown early in the year, but they have passed every other test. Sadly Carolin' and Nawlins haven't had the seasons they had hoped for so far.

AFC West vs NFC East

This crossover grouping promised us some very interesting games, as there were no new teams to be picked on but lots of veteran NBFL coaches planning to kick names and take ass.

AFC West

1. Las Vegas Sinners (1-3-0)
2. Kansas City Thiefs (2-0-2)
3. San Dogo Chompers (1-2-1)
4. Denver Brontos (1-2-1)

The West is about as close as you can be, with all four teams sitting between 14 and 16 victory points (W=7, T=3). Las Vegas missed a chunk of last season due to travel issues (never trust dwarven airlines) and have yet to lose so far...but they face three teams with at least two wins so far in their last three matches! Meanwhile, KC gets to play all three division rivals in a row to wrap up the first half, giving them an opportunity to make or break the division (perhaps literally...that's a lot of claw)!

NFC East

1. New York Genocides (3-0-1)
2. Witchington Paleskins (2-1-1)
3t. Dallas Crowbar (0-2-2)
3t. Phull-o-s'elfia Egos (0-2-2)

There is currently a very large gap in the East, with two franchises that have yet to secure a win going into week five. But this division is also a reminder of how fast things can change, as New York has looked much more respectable this season...except when they got blasted 4-0 by Witchington in week three. Absolutely nobody would be surprised if Philly earned their only win of the season in week six vs the Genocides...but lost half their team in the process as sacrifices to Khorne!

AFC East vs NFC West

Several marquee NBFL franchises meet up in this crossover, and so far there are clear tiers of 'upper', 'middle' and 'lower'. Lots of teams in this grouping have playoff aspirations, so each and every win is critical!

AFC East

1. New York Wrecks (3-1-0)
2. Meame Phrophins (2-1-1)
3. Olde Reikland Paid Rioters (2-0-2)
4. Buffaelo Khills (0-0-5)

So far, absolutely nothing has gone right for Buffalo. On the other end of the spectrum, it is business as usual for the Wrecks. Meanwhile, both Meame and Olde Reikland have been solid and are staying in the hunt; the week seven matchup between NY and Meame could be a good measuring stick for the young franchise.

NFC West

1. Los Angeles Glams (4-0-1)
2. C'attle C'haos (3-1-0)
3. Hot Arizona Sticky (1-1-2)
4. Fan Foulcisco Fakes (0-0-4)

If it seems like LA and C'attle are always at the top of this division, it's because they are. Meno finally got a monkey off his back when he beat Stimme 2-1 in week two, but the odds are that the division race will come down to the end as always. Hot Sticky has to be a little disappointed with how the season started after a very solid campaign last year, but there is still plenty of time to turn things around.

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: