39 coaches online • Server time: 10:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JakeSteel wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

Wow, you're really going to give us money to play in Box?

The EV for the winner (based on 45m average game time) is 67p/hour. Anyone excited by that hourly should message me and I'll find things for you do as an independent contractor.

You've got to start somewhere. Beer tokens are beer tokens ... Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Jake, what is the guarantee that you will be here in one year and send the prize?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Jake, what is the guarantee that you will be here in one year and send the prize?

he moost pleedge his forst born child?

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

The same guarantee you have that payroll will actually send your salary to your bank account each month. I say I will.

Like with every such thing in your life, when calculating your EV you need to multiply that figure by your estimated % of getting paid. If the difference is critical to you, you can make a better decision.

However, I believe that the primary motivation for competing in this Trophy is the competition and love of playing BB (no-one who dislikes box is going to undergo this purely for such a sweet financial reward) and that the prize simply enhances and intensifies these aspects. As such it seems most natural to just enjoy the freeroll and take it on trust that the prize will be there next Oct.

That said I am always up for side-action on pretty much anything... so if trust issues are a major thing for you I'd happily give 3/1 on a side-bet that I will be here, will pay the prize, and will also complete the 200 games in time myself. With an additional bonus for you that your losing action becomes a wash if you post a higher score than me in the competition! If interested just PM to hammer out the details and agree on an escrow.

Last edited by JakeSteel on Oct 24, 2017 - 20:38; edited 1 time in total
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If he doesn't. Is it that big a deal?
Great way to get diversity in the box. (Along with ARR! Of course.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I call for JakeSteel to partake in the Patreon BBL. Anyone with a cool custom icon will be around in a year. Although he does strike me as one who might play for the forces of darkness.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 20:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This interested me, but major concerns:

JakeSteel on 13 games. Seen so man burn bright and burn out.

Needing (mostly) to play two of fling/gobbo/ogre/uw/vamps for 40 games, which is loads. One maybe, but two?

All the prize for first. Not 50, 20, 20. So once you arnt going to win, where is the incentive?

Minor quibbles:
1, 1/2, 0 is not my favorite scoring system.

Above mentioned 5 races are all prone to being so destroyed as to make game finding VERY hard, as i understand it those 5 teams need to make it to 40 games each.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

All the prize for first. Not 50, 20, 20. So once you arnt going to win, where is the incentive?

Winner. Take. All.

Also, once someone enters and fail/give-up that's there for the whole FUMBBL world to see. Second may just be the first of the losers, but it's better than being 10th. Pride and ego can provide powerful incentive to finish strong.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

could easily be a second account for someone wanting to get other people to play bad races for a year and then not pay out

anyway you can play the good races first, and if you're not on track, you wouldn't need to play the bad races
JakeSteel

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
could easily be a second account for someone wanting to get other people to play bad races for a year and then not pay out

smallmachiavelli Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

How about that you pledge Christer 110 $ publicly and once a year has finished Christer sends you 100 $ in return? He might be open minded to be a trustee.

Or how about that you donate 10 $ to his page and at the same time send a voucher of 100 $ to him so that he is in full control of the rewarding?
Prez

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Run it past C?

+1

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Jake's played game times, was wondering about timezone

17/11/2016 01:56 Thu
17/11/2016 02:59 Thu
17/11/2016 22:42 Thu
21/11/2016 20:58 Mon
22/11/2016 15:15 Tue
22/11/2016 21:53 Tue
23/11/2016 20:32 Wed
25/11/2016 12:34 Fri
25/01/2017 18:33 Wed
26/01/2017 19:59 Thu
25/07/2017 00:03 Tue
23/10/2017 19:47 Mon
24/10/2017 05:21 Tue
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you would need a bit more team points. Maybe 11. So people can have a reasonable selection.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
How about that you pledge Christer 110 $ publicly and once a year has finished Christer sends you 100 $ in return? He might be open minded to be a trustee.

Or how about that you donate 10 $ to his page and at the same time send a voucher of 100 $ to him so that he is in full control of the rewarding?

Did you even read my last reply to you? If you want to dictate terms you're going to have to give a little action...

Work out whether you feel most confident I'll disappear, won't pay, wont play 200 games, will score less than you, etc. Whichever erroneous opinion you feel most justified in holding. Then back your opinion with some wedges in a sidebet. As part of that sidebet you can add a term nominating someone else to hold the Trophy prize money (tho the real prize is going to be the physical Trophy anyway). I'll be more than happy to sweeten your side in such a manner to ensure your action.

And remember, if you're not willing to back your opinion with some of your hard-earned than the value of that opinion is literally worthless.

Alternatively, you could simply not whinge about a freeroll? Or not participate?

You are more than welcome to compete tho. Despite the negative effects that has on whichever poor souls consequently get their game length doubled and the impending visit of the drama llama to this thread when you're inevitably timed out Wink