47 coaches online • Server time: 19:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arry

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Great and fun idea, should revitalise the Box a bit too. However I think 40 games per team is way too many, that's about a game a day. Personally I'd love to enter this but with a busy job and young family to look after I haven't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near 200 games by September, so sadly there's no point entering for me Sad There are many middle-aged guys in the Fumbbl community in a similar position. I reckon if you reduced the number of required games you'd greatly increase participation? Why set the bar so high? Still, great idea though Wink

What prevents you starting a DrDeath Mini-Box Challenge, setting the limit to 20 games, and offering 10USD? Then you can have a lot of teams named after you too!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that you can also combine this challenge with your attempt to fill the Box grid!

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
DrDeath wrote:
Great and fun idea, should revitalise the Box a bit too. However I think 40 games per team is way too many, that's about a game a day. Personally I'd love to enter this but with a busy job and young family to look after I haven't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near 200 games by September, so sadly there's no point entering for me Sad There are many middle-aged guys in the Fumbbl community in a similar position. I reckon if you reduced the number of required games you'd greatly increase participation? Why set the bar so high? Still, great idea though Wink

What prevents you starting a DrDeath Mini-Box Challenge, setting the limit to 20 games, and offering 10USD? Then you can have a lot of teams named after you too!

Having some kind of mini trophy added for teams playing 20 games each could be a good idea.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of 40 games because it discourages the rinse and repeat mentality of box team building.

To me the point is to see some variety in the scheduler not just between races but also team TV and ages. If a large number of people buy into the idea I think it makes for a better box all around.

I may be wrong but seems to me the whole idea is ultimately not really about 'winning' the thing as much as finding a reason to change the metagames that have evolved in the box over time.
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

*nod* I've talked to a few coaches who seem to share my mindset concerning this challenge. (I'm a rubbish coach... average, give or take a bit.) We don't seem to have any expectation of winning the big trophy. It does seem to have promoted some fun match-ups in the box, and has certainly caused many more successful activations. Smile

I know I've had some fun.

ianuk77 wrote:
To me the point is to see some variety in the scheduler not just between races but also team TV and ages. If a large number of people buy into the idea I think it makes for a better box all around.

Yep, and I kinda count that as a win. And I'd encourage anyone who enjoys playing the game, regardless of whether you plan to play 200 games in the box over the next eleven months or so, to build a stable of teams and get them in the box.

Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ianuk77 wrote:
I like the idea of 40 games because it discourages the rinse and repeat mentality of box team building.

My Elves got wrecked in their first game with 3 players lost (double -ST and another perm). If they were not in this completion they would have just been retired.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a rise in both Blackbox and total games today (sunday 5th).

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have to activate with all your teams until a team reaches 200? That seems like the way it should go.
Tzij

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Went ahead and entered. Doubt I'll get 200 games, but oh well.

BBT Sneaky 'Uns (Goblins) 0pts
BBT One Too Few (Underworld) 1pts
BBT Extra Ordinary Gentlemen (Humans) 2pts
BBT Revenge of the Dorks (Dwarves) 3pts
BBT Seal Clubbers (Orcs) 3pts
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Do you have to activate with all your teams until a team reaches 200? That seems like the way it should go.

Not sure. Though it is 40 per team.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Here my squad:

Fire Walk With Bites Vampire 1pt
Fire Walks With Lions High Elf 2 pts
Fire Walks With Magma Chaos Dwarf 3pts
Fire Walks With Sand Khemri Tomb Kings 2pts
Fire Walks With Sewer Underworld Denizens 1pts

May Nuffle walk with them !
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:

nope. OP mentions activations are up to you
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

New Entry:

[BT] Black Sabre Skirmisher, Amazon
[BT] Blood Creek Musketeers, Vampire
[BT] Fickle Insanity, Goblin
[BT] Raven of Despair, Dark Elf
[BT] Rock Desert Ancients, Khemri
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Since JakeSteel came, dropped the bomb, and went AWOL, I believe it would be a good idea for someone to take over with a new forum thread containing all the right information and proper links in the first post, in order to prevent new entrants to just post here and not actually apply (thus extra work for C).

Also, remove the cash prize and put the other rewards so that everyone knows what's at stake here.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 10:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Since JakeSteel came, dropped the bomb, and went AWOL, I believe it would be a good idea for someone to take over with a new forum thread containing all the right information and proper links in the first post, in order to prevent new entrants to just post here and not actually apply (thus extra work for C).

Also, remove the cash prize and put the other rewards so that everyone knows what's at stake here.

Sounds to me like you're up for the task! Smile
 Jump to: