43 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2019 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I remember. It is Kharnete (Spanish/Swedish). The team is was FC Altdorf I think.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2019 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

FC Altdorf! Thanks. I hope you approve, Kharnete Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2019 - 23:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If I may add a request, can we have a larger Renegade goblin? I’d quite like to see Renegades get a complete do-over to make them more unique, but the goblin is an outlier amongst all icon goblin kind

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2019 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

He is an adapted icon from the previous set. So yes he is quite outdated. What about using a stunty forest goblin (they arent used anywhere else) maybe with a colour change?

We used a lot of stunty icons in the past for the main rosters.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2019 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't following this thread but noticed them on the pitch recently. Amazing work everyone, some good improvements there! In particular the Zons, it may be a bit extreme but I actually never ever played them because I disliked the old icons. Might give them a try now... what have you done? Very Happy
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2019 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to enlarge the Chaos Renegade icon. The current size doesn't match the other Goblin icons' size.
I think that the skin colour should be similar to the Orc Renegade's one.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin Renegade was already missing years ago. So tried a sleepdrunk attempt yesterday Image

Merged Renegade Delf Helm and Belt, a shoulderskull from one Renegade Lino, one Secret League Forest Gobbo, regular Gobbo face and the uglier Lineman Gobbo arm.
It could be done quite fast actually and mostly eeds to be decided which Renegade armor fits worst to a small Goblin. Today... I guess another Renegade helmet could look better on the small pixesize, and make it easier to make the helmet look too big and block his actually view (tried this yesternight aswell, but then the one pixel teeth suddenly look like really wrong eyes).

Edit: that Hemlock starplayer icon would also be a fitting direction Image
A skull helmet would also keep the AV7 in order.

Last edited by mekutata on Mar 02, 2020 - 11:02; edited 2 times in total
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramchop, if you update players and already know how to pixelart...
I always believed Underworld need different rats than regular Skaven teams. More warpstone, less healthy, less furr. Back when I played with mutations (beware, some rough pixel copy and pasting https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=26586&highlight=) I tried some thing in that direction.
But in general your work and the fumbbl player pixels in general very awesome and always fun to look at. Really looking forward to a day where caches can "paint" their pixelminiatures.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Here is a picture of a large example:

Picture 1: I have coloured the armour with an strong outline and the darkest colour I wish to use.

Picture 2: I colour the part with the strongest highlight (with this size I should have done a larger section) with the lightest colour I wish to use.

Picture 3: I smudge outwards.

Picture 4-7: I have repeated.

Picture 8: I start to tidy up. I redo the outline and add a paint brush shading just in side of the outline with the outline colour.

Picture 9: I make sure everything is uniform. I do one last highlight that has much less smudging.

This technique works for shiny services. e.g. shoulder pads, helmets and boney heads!

Oh smart Idea