59 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaze wrote:

So if instead you make a variety of teams and activate with that variety of teams, well then you wont accidentally get "stupid 640 or 1 mil tv differences" and have some good player die.

Sorry but it's not true.
I activate lot of teams with different TVs (14 currently, and more in the past) and I experienced huge TV gaps more than once:
1170 TV gap: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3629645
740 TV gap: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3978552
there are others but these are the 2 highest ones.
So, although activating several teams reduces the chances of a TV gap match, still doesn't ensure you won't find a TV gap match.
If a coach monoactivates a minmaxed team he deserves to find TV gaps (after all if you keep deliberately low the TV of your team chances are you will find a TV gap), but coaches multiactivating several teams should not find huge TV gaps because they are not trying to exploit the scheduler and because they bring variety to the Box.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If your 14 teams are evenly spread over the TV spectrum you are guaranteed <150 TV difference.
If your 14 teams are all the same TV then you might as well activate just one.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The range of my teams is from 1390 to 1940 at the moment.
150 TV difference is not guaranteed with 30 or more games: https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=522
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to correct myself. 10 teams are enough to ensure a gap of 100 tv or less.
Activate a Team at 1100 TV, one at 1300 TV and so in steps of 200 TV. That way you are with in 100 to every opponents TV up until 3000.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you trolling? How can a coach keep the TV of 10 teams in steps of exactly 200 TV game after game? The simple fix is discouraging monoactivations/encouraging multiactivations or at least introducing a TV gap cap of 430 TV for teams with 30 or more matches.
That way, if a TV gap match happens, at least it's not incredibly great.
datom

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the reason is surely both those cases is that the other guy is mono-activating, no? Looking at both teams you can be can pretty sure that's the case.

So all the community needs to do is to act in the other's best interests and activates as many teams at as many TVs as possible, then all matches will be as fair as possible.

That is if everyone's goal is the health of the blackbox environment, of course Smile

Last edited by datom on Aug 31, 2018 - 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This is offtopic!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If one is unhappy with the situation he is in he can do one of two things.
1) Find a way of Action that improves his situation or
2) Find a way to force the rest of the world to better cater for his needs.

We seem to have different approaches. Sorry for biting the bait to carry this offtopic.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If the sprints are implemented directly on the site as may be done, then that gives something clearer to compete for people not playing at such a high rate of games (or at least not so many games for a whole year). Box trophy is then for people who play more games. However I agree with others that 30 games per team still seems like a huge amount, but more doable than 40.
Seasons rules should be kept out of it. Especially as people not playing in the trophy wont have seasons yet the two team types can play each other.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoyed the Blackbox trophy. The only problem for me are :
- I will not succeed in reaching 200 games. So it is a bit too much for me
- linked to the previous point, I have only played during last 8 months in BB with the blackbox trophy squad (so only 5 races) which finally became frustrating.

So my only recommendation would be to decrease the number of games required from 200 to 120.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 23:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
What about having teams of coaches? Allow 2 to 5 coaches to band together to compete for the overall title with the team of coaches splitting up the 5 allowed blood bowl teams.

I really like this idea.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
pizzamogul wrote:
What about having teams of coaches? Allow 2 to 5 coaches to band together to compete for the overall title with the team of coaches splitting up the 5 allowed blood bowl teams.

I really like this idea.

Same!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This could be good fun BUT if you get a few "legends" banding together that might dissuade some others from bothering. Again perhaps it could be for a lesser title, while the main trophy goes to the individual winner over 5 races.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
This could be good fun BUT if you get a few "legends" banding together that might dissuade some others from bothering. Again perhaps it could be for a lesser title, while the main trophy goes to the individual winner over 5 races.

That's why we have an auction!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the potion idea.

If there was some sort of trophy or mention on the about page (like tourney wins) and a potion I would get more involved. Probably.

Jump to: