40 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just trying to recall the colleges of magic (there were 8?):
Bright: fiery destruction
Amber: natural destruction
Green: natural defence (and illusions?)
Celestial: Fortune / lightening
Gold:
Amythyst: Weird and wonderful destruction
Grey: natural weather (included teleportation)
1 more I've forgotten...

Based on the above you could do a very different roster:

0-16 Apprentices: 7337 40k G
0-2 bright wizards: 7337 bombardier / secret weapon 50k G
0-2 jade wizards: 4329 regen wrestle 80k G/S
0-2 amber wizards 7427 claw frenzy 80k G/M
0-2 celestial wizards 7337 pro, passblock G/A
0-2 grey wizards 7337 pass, safe throw, leap 70k G/P

Not sure there is a need for even more positionals...
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have the mix of Wizards being Av6 and linemen being Av7 adding a layer to the team

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 12:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

GnoblarBezer wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:
It might be fun for a while, but a team with universal S2 AV5 would be woefully inadequate against most opponents. Your regular Linemen are worse than halflings

AV7 is the base for an unarmoured human I think.

Yea I was considering raising them to av6, but they need to be low armour but also capable of causing damage with their special skills, good bombers and chainsaws. I chose av5 to make them the same as lowest armoured snotling but I think AV6 might be better but I could think about av7.

The low AV would also be a reason to keep them cheap to encourage people flinging them at opponents, similar to ogre runts.

And datom do you mean if they were playing a mirror match? Most opponents would be av7 or better.

7 is low armour. Elves have it. Goblins have it. Only Halflings and snots have lower!

You have to strike a balance between fluff and fun. I'll all in favour of fluffy decisions, but clinging to them when it makes a team un-fun is silly.

Dodge is the only thing that keeps flings and snots alive, which is why Dwarves tear them to pieces. You don't have that. Every time a guy is hit and goes down (which with Str2 and no block or dodge will happens lot) he'll on average be stunned. I'd envision a lot of pitch clears in this roster's future Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Eight Magical Colleges
Light Order - Magic Order dedicated to the Lore of Light
Celestial Order - Magic Order dedicated to the Lore of the Heavens
Gold Order - Magic Order dedicated to the Lore of Metal
Jade Order - Magic Order dedicated to the Lore of Life
Amber Order - Magical Order dedicated to the Lore of Beasts
Bright Order - Magical Order dedicated to the Lore of Fire
Grey Order - Magical Order dedicated to the Lore of Shadows
Amethyst Order - Magical Order dedicated to the Lore of Death
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

if you add other players, golems could fit into a wizard team
flesh golems and other golems to compensate for that low str I mean
just an idea
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm so yes I agree the armour should definitely go up and I decided to streamline and make each positional a set track, otherwise you could up with 8 or more different positionals!

So, after all that I think this would make a good list:

1-12 Apprentices 6237 Right stuff G/AP

2 Bright Wizards 6236 TTM, Take Root, Bombardier, Right Stuff, Safe Throw GP/AS

2 Amber Wizards 6337 TTM, Right Stuff, Frenzy, GS/AP

2 Celestial Order 6236 TTM, Right stuff, leap, pass block GA/P

1 Golem 55110 Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Loner, S/G

Maybe make the Golem right stuff to so they can chuck it about as well!

Nextflux wrote:
if you add other players, golems could fit into a wizard team
flesh golems and other golems to compensate for that low str I mean
just an idea

GOLEM!! They are called golems! Oh my, that has been driving me crazy trying to work out the name. Yes that is an idea I have considered.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2018 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Also should quickly mention my inspiration for this and something cool from the background - a famous team!

Timelords, a Human Mages team mentioned in the first DZ in 1988 under the did you know section:

"The shortest ever game on record was won by a team of students from the High Archmage's College of Temporal Magic, though they were later disqualified. After all, what was the point of their opponents turning up for the match, if all the wizards were going to do was hope back in time three days and win the game before the fixture was even decided?"

So in fluff terms it will be that NAF have recently relaxed rules on wizard teams but there is a straight ban on temporal magic.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a Wizard team created by Aflo and community developed (6 pages of comments which were discussed, analyzed, and ultimately condensed and implemented into the team design) for Stunty Leeg. Might be useful for a regular non-stunty team development. Primary idea was that each team could only field a couple of wizards but they were capable of multiple spells. The wizards were supported by wizardly creations:

https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21475

I voted it one of the best ideas for a new stunty team (even over my own team creations) but stunty management has pretty much disappeared so it never got added. Take 10 min. and read through the whole thread, there's lots of great ideas in there.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
There was a Wizard team created by Aflo and community developed (6 pages of comments which were discussed, analyzed, and ultimately condensed and implemented into the team design) for Stunty Leeg. Might be useful for a regular non-stunty team development. Primary idea was that each team could only field a couple of wizards but they were capable of multiple spells. The wizards were supported by wizardly creations:

https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21475

I voted it one of the best ideas for a new stunty team (even over my own team creations) but stunty management has pretty much disappeared so it never got added. Take 10 min. and read through the whole thread, there's lots of great ideas in there.

Thanks so much for pointing this out Sig, a great thread! I can't believe I missed it when I was searching and funnily enough it's very similar to the idea I had for a stunty team earlier in this thread.

Familiar lineman, a golem and a few wizards with spells. Great minds and all that... Wink

It would be a great addition to stunty and might fit the fluff better after the NAF ban for standard play.

Definitely should be called Wizards Guild, or Human Mages.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

AV6 would be appropriate