55 coaches online • Server time: 17:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2018 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Send me a PM with some thoughts on that so I can ruminate on it.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so here is how we're gonna switch things up for 2519 -

1. Draws will happen on Wednesdays and Deadlines will be on Wednesday. While I like the free floating nature of starts it makes managing them more difficult for both us Admins and coaches themselves who might not recognize the deadline right away. Keeping it all on one day of the week makes it easier and Wednesday is like THE tourney deadline day on the site.

2. Brackets are changing - Lo 0-1500 TW, Mid 1510-2000 TW, Hi 2010+. While this will no doubt make the Lo bracket more difficult for rookie teams or ones that simply got punched around, in terms of tourney success, we have Royal Rookie Rumbles for brand new teams.

3. Prizes. We are going to implement the "Rookie" prize package which is an additional 100k gold to the winner of the tourney. A lil somethin somethin to stock the team back up after a drag down fight for the trophy!

I will be updating the main page a little bit later today and tomorrow and going forward new Brawls will conform to these specs.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be useful for people to see which groups their teams are signed up for before they are accepted.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It would be useful for people to see which groups their teams are signed up for before they are accepted.

People can't identify where a number lies among 3 possible ranges? Am I missing something here?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
koadah wrote:

People can't identify where a number lies among 3 possible ranges? Am I missing something here?

People sign up for things then forget what they signed up for.

It was a general comment. Not Brawl specific.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Once you sign up to a Tournament it will appear on your home page under Leagues and Tournaments, granted us old timers may have so many things in that list it could be lost... Laughing

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Once you sign up to a Tournament it will appear on your home page under Leagues and Tournaments, granted us old timers may have so many things in that list it could be lost... Laughing

LOL. Some lists could maybe do with a little pruning.
Though it doesn't tell you which team you signed up with.
Some people have a lot of teams too. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At a special occation during the year (like for example Christmas) could you have a special Stunty BAR Brawl where only Ogre, Goblin and Halfling teams are allowed to enter? It will be fun to watch and a fun thing for all good stunty coaches on FUMBBL.
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 for the Stunty Brawl, might be fun. What about a Master Tournament once a year, only for Brawl- winning teams ? Don't think it's possible to keep three TV level there, but low Tv teams would have time to evolve anyway.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure there used to be a 'Stunty' Brawl at one time. I would like those too as it helps with the gridfilling though I think I may have got most of those anyway now I look!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am just about to start participating this tournament.
Added a team already, but some points I cannot find on tournament page:
- As the draw is not made when 8 teams applied into a bracket, but Wednesdaily, how are the teams selected if there are more than 8 of them? First come first served? TR/TW-wise ascending/descending? RNG?
- Format(4), Teams entered for over a month... Coming from the previous question: how can a team pending for a month? If not selected on a first come first served base, then it is understandable. However, it wouldnt sound good that someone enters a team, and because of TW/RNG/anything they are not getting into a draw for a month - I am not sure that is inviting to reenter. Otherwise it can only be that there are no other participants, but that also sounds too bad.
- If by Wednesday there are 16 teams in a bracket, do you start multiply Brawl for that bracket?

Maybe these things could be pointed out.

Also, an X teams are missing from hi/mid/low bracket is a nice info to have.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackOrc wrote:
I am just about to start participating this tournament.
Added a team already, but some points I cannot find on tournament page:

Thanks for writing BlackOrc! Let me see if I can answer all of these.

Quote:
As the draw is not made when 8 teams applied into a bracket, but Wednesdaily, how are the teams selected if there are more than 8 of them? First come first served? TR/TW-wise ascending/descending? RNG?

TW Descending from the upper limit of the bracket. So for Lo Brawls teams closers to 1500 would be selected over teams further from 1500. For the Hi Bracket it starts with whatever the highest TW team is.

Quote:
- Format(4), Teams entered for over a month... Coming from the previous question: how can a team pending for a month? If not selected on a first come first served base, then it is understandable.

However, it wouldnt sound good that someone enters a team, and because of TW/RNG/anything they are not getting into a draw for a month - I am not sure that is inviting to reenter. Otherwise it can only be that there are no other participants, but that also sounds too bad.

Some coaches will enter 6+ teams at a time. Since the preference is for TW over first come first serve, some coaches will get drawn for 4 Brawls over 4 weeks that leaves 2 teams that never got selected. I flush those for my sanity and their sanity.

Quote:
- If by Wednesday there are 16 teams in a bracket, do you start multiply Brawl for that bracket?

Maybe these things could be pointed out.

I will draw as many brackets as we have valid participants for each bracket So if we have 16, I will draw two. 24? Three. Etc etc.

Quote:
Also, an X teams are missing from hi/mid/low bracket is a nice info to have.

Keep an eye out in the Blog section of the site for this info. Every Tuesday evening (US Time, I live in the US) I will give people info about the likelihood a tourney will be drawn and how many eligible teams short each bracket is from drawing. Wednesday evening after, the Brawls have been drawn, I will post another blog stating how many are needed to start another Brawl next Wednesday. This will repeat in perpetuity.

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=mrt1212

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %16, %2019 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

lautrehamon wrote:
+1 for the Stunty Brawl, might be fun. What about a Master Tournament once a year, only for Brawl- winning teams ? Don't think it's possible to keep three TV level there, but low Tv teams would have time to evolve anyway.

This has been a feature before and I'll see about doing it again.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

1. Draws will happen on Wednesdays and Deadlines will be on Wednesday. While I like the free floating nature of starts it makes managing them more difficult for both us Admins and coaches themselves who might not recognize the deadline right away. Keeping it all on one day of the week makes it easier and Wednesday is like THE tourney deadline day on the site.

You can make drow when 8 teams are present (and admins is available to start it) and make 1st round longer, so it ends at approperiate Wednesday, with weekly for rounds 2 and 3 ending on Wednesdays.
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for clarification and all the effort running the tournament
 Jump to: