48 coaches online • Server time: 15:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2019 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I'm a coach of average ability who plays about once a week, mainly with undead in the WIL and IoMF leagues. Razmus has indicated he might start a secret league league along the lines of IoMF. If you don't know, IoMF is mainly comprised of newish to emerging star players, although there are a few superstars/legends lurking. I'm ready for a new challenge so want to get a secret leagues team going for this anticipated league. But who to pick? In traditional blood bowl I'm best with undead, and I like proper bashy teams too (chaos, nurgle). I want a good team - I do want to try and win the league111 or, more realistically, compete for a better than average finish each season. I kinda feel that an agility team might be a good next step for me, but, in my fairly limited experience, I generally don't enjoy them as much as bashy or semi-bashy teams. I like the look of daemons of slaanesh team, who look significantly different from undead while also not being out-right elf ball. But I've always loved high elves in the fluff, so averlorn is attractive despite my general distate for agility teams.

Any thoughts appreciated - open to the possibility of playing all the teams at this point.

And thanks to Razmus - IoMF has gone from strength to strength and I expect this new league to be great, in no small part because of him.

Gotta change that - really only because of effort he's put in!

Last edited by Joe1982 on Nov 23, 2019 - 02:48; edited 1 time in total
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to look into Fimir, Pirates of Sartosa, or perhaps Sisters of Sigmar as solid choices for a good play experience in the bashy, but not CLAW dependent builds.
razmus

Post 18 Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed First, in case anyone is looking for it, I'm hoping to really get the SECRET Isle of Misfit Teams started after the holidays, likely in early-mid January. Like the regular Isle league, it'll be for team who might have been around for a while and are looking for a home for a little while to play in a scheduled league, but we'll separate out into as many divisions as makes sense.

Kzarik is crack'n good, and those are great suggestions. I might add Estalia and Border Princes to the list to consider. Create a few rosters, and try a few games... see which one you like. We're likely six weeks out, and I don't expect anyone to start with a rookie team. (Toss a rookie team into the Old World Rookie Rumble while you're at it -- we're past the half way point to launching the next rumble. I have high hopes we'll get the next going and maybe finished before January. Cool )

Bram

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Avelorn is a good team. Handmaidens are gold. Their statline is better than that of a wardancer!

Daemons of Slaanesh are very good as well. Vampires with claws and no bloodlust? Yes please!

But ordinary Slaanesh are worth considering too. They are a true hybrid team, with 4 ST4 claw monsters and elves (with mutation access!) as linemen. They need a few games under their belt before they start shining, but I really like them.

There are so many [SL] teams. Almost endless options. The elemental teams are interesting as well. Take a look around and I'm sure you find what you need.
lanky316

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Finding the right SL team for you is a challenge, there are so many teams and options that each time I look at a roster I find myself thinking they could be interesting and tempted to start a team.

You mention being an Undead player a lot, there are quite a few options for them with several themed Khemri sides, Undead Pirates and the latest releases have got a Flesh Golem team and Undead Elves with Isha. A Vampire option are Necrarch who don't have blood lust and are mainly made up of skeletons so a vamp themed Undead flavour. That's about 11 teams to choose from just on a small snipped of information.

Go through the Secret League rosters page and see what takes your attention, there will likely be a few stand outs. I feel analysis paralysis kick in when I think of a new team though due to so many interesting options.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

IoMT allows existing teams so you can try them out before kick-off.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2019 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And to reiterate, the Rumble is a great way to get those first games for a new team. FOUR slots left available. Once they are filled, the next rumble starts!

Joe1982

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2019 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input all. I had a look at all the teams suggested again, as well as a few others I had thought maybe before. Went with slaanesh daemons in the end, but have to say normal slaanesh do look very appealing. So much choice, and I know what you mean about the paralysis, lanky316 - that's largely why I hit the forum. Anyway, with the rumble filling up I just made a decision and joined, but if I don't enjoy and/or am unable to keep the team operational I'll maybe look at normal slaanesh or sisters for the league.
 Jump to: