71 coaches online • Server time: 21:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For various reasons, I am now attempting to build an Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl league and related rosters. I'll be honest, this is mostly coming about due to a few arguments and stubborn refusal to back down on the Secret League discord, but here we are. A link to the group testing out these teams can be found here Age of Blood Bowl. You can find our rule set here: AoSBowl

I also welcome everyone to hop in on the newly created discord for this ruleset/league at AoBB Discord

I plan on taking a lot of inspiration from the way Garion built his Secret League teams. In fact, Garion has done a ton of great work and many of his teams have direct AoS correlations. I don't plan on reinventing the wheel here if I don't have to.

The teams that I am currently working on are (Note, these are the WIP Rosters):

Beastclaw
Clan Verminous
0-16 Clanrats 50k 6136 Guard A/GMPS
0-4 Stormvermin 90k 7338 Block GS/PM
0-1 Clawlord 120k 7339 Block, Claw GSP/AM
Reroll 60k

Daughters of Khaine
0-16 Witch Aelve 70k 6347 Frenzy GA/SP
0-4 Melusai 70k 6328 Prehensile Tail, Foul Appearance GS/PA
0-4 Khinerai 60k 7247 Leap, Very Long Legs GA/PS
0-1 Medusa 150k 6439 Loner, Prehensile Tail, Foul Appearane, Hypnotic Gaze S/GAP
Reroll 70k

Everchosen
Flesheaters
0-16 Crypt Ghoul 50k 6337 Dodge G/ASP
0-2 Crypt Ghast 90k 7337 Dodge, Disturbing Presence GA/SP
0-2 Abhorrent 100k 7337 Disturbing Presence, Frenzy, Pass GP/AS
0-2 Crypt Flayer 120k 7338 Disturbing Presence, Claw, Frenzy GA/SP
0-2 Crypt Horror 120k 5428 Frenzy, Disturbing Presence GS/AP
Reroll 60k

Fyreslayers
Gloomspite Gitz
0-16 Goblin 40K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff A/GS
0-1 Fanatic 100K 3717 Stunty, Ball & Chain, No Hands, Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Secret Weapon 6+ S/GAM
0-2 Snuffler 80K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Stab, Shadowing A/GSP
0-4 Gobbapalooza 80K 6237 *, Dodge, Stunty, Sure Feet, Sprint, Right Stuff GA/SM
0-1 Loonboss 90K 6338 Stunty, Dodge GAP/SM
0-1 Troggoth 110K 4519 Loner, Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Throw Teammate, Always Hungry S/GAM
Reroll 60k
*In open play, the Gobbapalooza will take the skills as listed above. In league play, the Gobbapalooza will lose Sure Feet and Sprint; and will instead roll d6 upon hiring and take the skills as listed below instead:
1) Leap, Very Long Legs (Shroomancer)
2) Hypnotic Gaze (Boggleye)
3) Sure Feet, Sprint (Spiker)
4) Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow (Scaremonger)
5) Fan Favorite (Brewgit)
6) Tentacle, Prehensile Tail (Webspinner Shaman)

Idoneth Deepkin
0-16 Thralls 40k 6337 Thrall GA/SP
0-2 Reavers 110k 8348 Block GS/AP
0-2 Soulrender 110k 6348 Hypnotic Gaze GA/SP
0-1 Allopex 200k 6529 Wild Animal, Bloodlust, Claw, Mighty Blow, Horns, Monstrous Mouth, Regenerate, Loner S/GAP
0-2 Fangmora Eel 100k 5449 Really Stupid, Tentacle, Mighty Blow, No Hands GS/AP
reroll 60k
Necromancer raised as Thrall

Ironjawz (Pending Rework)
0-16 Brute 70k 5339 Dauntless G/SAP
0-4 Ardboy 70k 5339 Block GS/AP
0-2 Warchanter 70k 5339 Disturbing Presence GP/AS
0-1 Megaboss 140k 5529 Loner, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow GS/AP
Reroll 70k

Kharadon
0-16 Arkanaut 60k 4329 Thick Skull, Block GS/AP
0-2 Thunderer 100k 4339 Thick Skull, Bombadier, Secret Weapon 8+, Pass GS/AP
0-4 Skywarden 120k 5339 Thick Skull, Leap, Very Long Legs GAS/P
Reroll 60k

Maggotkin
Masterclan
Nighthaunt
0-16 Spirit Host 60k 4249 Jump Up, Regeneration GA/SP
0-4 Myrmourn Banshee 90k 5349 Jump Up, Stab, Regeneration A/GSP
0-2 Dreadscythe Harridan 100k 6349 Jump Up, Regeneration, Claw, No Hands GA/SP
0-2 Chainrasp 100k 4329 Jump Up, Tentacle, Grab, No Hands, Regeneration GS/AP
0-1 Chainghast 120k 4719 Ball & Chain, No Hands, Secret Weapon 8+, Regeneration S/GAP
0-2 Cairn Wraith 90k 4249 Jump Up, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon 8+, No Hands, Regeneration GS/AP
Reroll 60k
Necromancer Raised as Spirit Host
No Apoc

Seraphon
Stormcast
0-16 Initiate 50k 6338 G/SAP
0-2 Liberator 120k 5439 Stand Firm, Regeneration GS/AP
0-2 Prosecutor 120k 5439 Very Long Legs, Regeneration GA/SP
0-2 Judicator 120k 5439 Pass, Regeneration GP/SA
Reroll 60k

Sylvaneth
Troggoth

This list isn't limited and is only what I'm currently mucking about with. I'll admit that my AoS lore knowledge isn't the best, so if anyone thinks I'm missing any new AoS groups, please let me know. Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated and encouraged. Also, I plan on getting a league set up in the near future so I can work on play testing these guys.

Last edited by Roto on Jun 10, 2019 - 01:29; edited 22 times in total
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So I repurposing this post to act as an up to date listing of all the amazing portrait art by Gozer the Gozarian for the rosters:

Gloomspite Gitz:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Daughters of Khaine:
ImageImageImage

Karadron:
ImageImageImage

Stormcast Eternals:
ImageImageImageImage

Clan Verminous:
ImageImageImage

I've also starting working on the icons which I'll update here as well:

Crypt Horror:

Crypt Ghoul:

Witch Aelve:

Snuffler:

Melusai:

Last edited by Roto on May 26, 2019 - 16:32; edited 10 times in total
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Shadespire team is currently giving me issues as I'm trying to figure out just how I want to price them.

0-4 Myrmourn Banshee 90k 5349 Jump Up, Weeping Dagger, Regeneration A/GSP
0-2 Chainrasp 4329 Jump Up, Tentacle, Grab, No Hands, Regeneration Secret Weapon 10+ GS/AP
0-1 Chainghast 4719 Ball & Chain, No Hands, Secret Weapon 8+, Regeneration S/GAP
0-2 Cairn Wraith 4249 Jump Up, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon 8+, Regeneration GS/AP
Reroll 70k
No Apoc

The goal here was a slow moving high ag team. The general idea is that it's really really tough to stop ghosts from getting where they want to go, but most of them weren't exactly the fastest models in the world on the table top. I figured giving them all Jump up and decently high AV made them thematically really hard to put down.

I decided on making them a secret weapon based team mostly due to the books and fluff of them carrying around their weapons and burdens from before. That said, the choice in weapon and skills mostly stem from the appearance of their models.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one would be interested in seeing a description of the Race, and their background. I think a lot of the skills can come from their fluff, and also I'm not familiar with AoS stuff - so interested to see it.
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
I for one would be interested in seeing a description of the Race, and their background. I think a lot of the skills can come from their fluff, and also I'm not familiar with AoS stuff - so interested to see it.

Do you mean in general for each team or for Shadespire in particular? I plan on trying to put together a little blurb about each team as I get to them.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

In general for each team - the fluff leads to the skills/stats for them
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2019 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

How much more different teams there still can be? (in Blood Bowl)

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
How much more different teams there still can be? (in Blood Bowl)

Well, I'm opening the can of worms that is Age of Sigmar. That gives us a few more options in thematically different teams. So far I think I have enough to do about 15 more, but I may have missed a few. That's not taking into consideration SL teams that would work nicely for other AoS groups.
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another of the teams I'm working on is Clan Verminous. They are another of the major Skaven clans and their focus has mostly been building the giant rat swarms used in combat. In the tabletop, they don't have a ton of units, but what they do have is mostly around said Rat Swarms. A single rat was weak, but a swarm was a nightmare. When putting this team together, I tried to capture that feel of swarming your opponent with A horde of weaker linemen.

0-16 Clanrats 40k 5136 Guard, Stunty, Titchy Dodge A/GSM
0-4 Packmaster 100k 6338 Grab, Prehensile Tail GA/SPM
0-1 Stormvermin 140k 7439 Leader GS/APM
Reroll 60k

The problem I'm having is to really capture the feel of the swarm of rats, I gave the Clanrats Guard to start with. This in turn made me rather nervous in regards to what I gave the positionals. I tried to limit what they got to start with.

I wanted to give the Packmasters Bloodlust initially to symbolize them whipping the rats a little too harshly, but ended up scrapping that due to making them just too dangerous in such a team. What I went instead with was Prehensile Tail and Grab to symbolize the whips their models carry.

The Stormvermin mostly comes from the Clan Verminous Shadespire pack. In it, the Clan Verminous team is led by a Stormvermin. I wanted to make this team led by a powerful Stormvermin. He wasn't quite a big guy, but I wanted to be the one in charge of everyone else. To help illustrate this, I decided to give him Leader in response to his fluff. I'm not too sure on that as it is essentially giving a free reroll to start with. But I was afraid of giving him too many skills to start with due to all the Guard present on the team.

If anyone has any way possible to pick holes in this team roster go for it.. Please lol
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Roto wrote:
Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl league

Sounds cool! This kind of initiative is what the custom rosters feature is all about.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Fanky

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Roto i suggest you to pin in the first message the WIP rosters updated at their last version.
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So when working on the Shadespire team, I took a lot of inspiration for the rules of the players from the pictures and rules of the models they represent.

Dreadsythe Harridans
These guys as you can see have no hands upon which to hold the ball. With that in mind, I decided to give them claw and a slightly higher MA in order to try and have them form the blitzer role for the team.

Myrmourn Banshees
I was a bit conflicted on these lovely ladies. Their models have them wielding daggers so I gave serious consideration to giving them stab. I ended up giving them Weeping Dagger instead as I felt it more thematically appropriate. I was also afraid of this kind of team with 4 positionals with Stab. The jury is still out on whether stab would be the better choice, but that'll come with playtesting I think.

Chaingast
One of the big things I noticed about Nighthaunt and Shadespire is that many of the ghosts are wielding some kind of weapon. That's what helped inspire me to make them more of a Secret Weapon team than anything else. These guys in particular felt like a great choice for a Ball & Chain player. I wanted to give him some reliability so I made his roll an 8+. That may be tweaked depending on how they do overall I think.

Chainrasp
In fluff these guys are bound in chains and always seek out to grab and bind their surroundings. With that in mind, I decided to give them tentacle and grab. I figured this would symbolize binding enemy players in their chains. I felt like I needed to give them Secret Weapon, however, due to the fact that they are bringing long chains onto the field with them. I went with Secret Weapon 10+ because I wanted these guys to be somewhat reliable to be able to stay on the pitch and bog down the opposing players.

Cairn Wraith
I didn't think a Secret Weapons team would be complete without a chainsaw or two. To that end, I figured that this guy's massive scythe would make a great standin for said chainsaw. I'm still unsure as to whether 2 chainsaws is too many or if I should limit them to just 1. I figure playtesting will help me make that determination.

Spirit Hosts
Last but certainly not least, I needed a lineman for Shadespire. I looked at the various options in the GW line, and eventually decided on Spirit Hosts. I tried to make them a less physically confrontational lineman, but I figured with G and A access on singles plus their AG4 and Jump up, they would quickly be able to get to the point where they can weave in and out of danger with ease and become hell to put down and keep them down.

One of the big things I tried to capture with this team is the idea that ghosts are really hard to take out. I also wanted to make them a higher AG team to capture that.... ethereal ghostyness that they are. To that regard, I decided to make them an AG4 AV9 team. To keep them from being overpowered, I decided to limit their speed, but gave them all Jump Up to help symbolize the difficulty in actually putting them down.

Right now, the tentative rules for them are as followed:
0-4 Myrmourn Banshee 90k 5349 Jump Up, Weeping Dagger, Regeneration A/GSP
0-2 Chainrasp 100k 4329 Jump Up, Tentacle, Grab, No Hands, Regeneration Secret Weapon 10+ GS/AP
0-1 Chainghast 120k 4719 Ball & Chain, No Hands, Secret Weapon 8+, Regeneration S/GAP
0-2 Cairn Wraith 90k 4249 Jump Up, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon 8+, No Hands, Regeneration GS/AP
Reroll 60k
No Apoc
almic85

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure you don’t mean Nighthaunt instead of Shadespire?

Shadespire is the city that the Warhammer Underworld game is set in.

Nighthaunt is the army made up of ghosts.

If you're interested join the Fringe
almic85

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Also a number of the AOS armies are pretty close ports of the existing rosters with a few amendments.

Ever chosen are still chaos, though you could switch out the beasties for marauders.

Flesh eaters are vampires.

Fyre slayers is the secret league slayer roster.

Gloomspite Gitz are goblins.

Ironjaws are orcs. Maybe with some extra armour or less blitzes and throwers and more blockers.

Will add more shortly.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Roto

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2019 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
Are you sure you don’t mean Nighthaunt instead of Shadespire?

Shadespire is the city that the Warhammer Underworld game is set in.

Nighthaunt is the army made up of ghosts.

Actually a faction of Nighthaunt led by the Briar Queen is pretty much Shadespire focused. As that's where she got banished to by Nagash. It's why I kinda tried to focus that team more around the Briar Queen and her retinue.
 Jump to: