25 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lemonpips

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to add players and change stats for a team to play in test mode? I'm aware of how to take and existing team into test mode and add skills to existing players. But is there a way to add to the roster and change stats on the players for test games? Thanks.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried this?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Now that we have League admin functionality, isn't it easier to create real teams in a league and edit them?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I know how to use Test Mode (or at least I think that I do). I don't know how to add players to the roster of an already existing team (without spending existing gold) for testing purposes.
lemonpips

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Question: Now that we have League admin functionality, isn't it easier to create real teams in a league and edit them?

Can I create a league like this just for my teams so that I can edit the teams and test them in Test Mode?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What Koadah is getting at is that you can create your own ruleset and league, with rosters that you have created and also edit them. As an admin you would be able to manipulate the rosters extensively including adding gold for more players, etc. and would seem to fit with what you are trying to do

https://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague
lemonpips

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2019 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
What Koadah is getting at is that you can create your own ruleset and league, with rosters that you have created and also edit them. As an admin you would be able to manipulate the rosters extensively including adding gold for more players, etc. and would seem to fit with what you are trying to do

Awesome! Thanks for the help!
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

Heh heh. I was just looking at that page. Unfortunately, it is a bit out of date and doesn't get into the nitty-gritty of the new league functionality Sad

Basically, on the "edit group" page of your league, there is now an extra field "Group type".
Change that value from "Meta-Group" to "League".
You will then see another new field "Ruleset Id". This should be set to 6 for regular BB2016 teams.

The League home page should now have an extra link "Create team for this league".
You should use this link to create teams. NOT the link on your coach home page.

You should then have the power to do crazy admin stuff with any team created for that league.

If the group does not save as a league. Go back and edit it to set the "Group type" and "Ruleset" again.

Edit: Ah, it is mainly just the images that are out of date. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I figured it probably didn't get into all the details...and I don't know so much about it all. A bit of experimentation will probably be required
lemonpips

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the help. This is exactly what I was looking for. One question: is there a way to edit the Fan Factor of a team in the league?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Not from what I can see - in fact I think it's the only thing you can't modify. If you go to a team which is part of a league you are an admin of, you will see the options there.

Click on players to modify/add skills/injuries, unready the team to modify gold/RR/TV, etc.
Click on past players to unretire/resurrect players.

These are quite new functions added (revealed?) by Christer recently though, so I may just be missing something.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. It seems that you cannot edit anything on that right panel for someone else's team. You only get the other stuff on your own team.

Without that, a team cannot be faithfully duplicated.

Also, a "clone team" feature would be useful. Wink

Jump to: