43 coaches online • Server time: 20:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Waaghafalga wrote:
I am a newer player in the NA tz and don't know if that makes my opinion more important or less but I don't activate box because I am never able to get a game in there. I have only played 2 box games but the two games I played there were cool I guess. The guys I played with were friendly one played flings the other vampires. Lack of activity is a big factor in why I don't activate. I think I activated 10 times before I got my first game and didn't even know I had got it untill my opponent messaged me. [snipped a bit]

Appreciate you giving feedback on your experience as a new coach to FUMBBL - it's often just us old warhorses hashing over old grievances... something I suspect is a bit of a barrier to new coaches speaking up on the forum.

Your NA box experience and reaction to it (not activating due to not getting a previous draw, etc.) is something I suspect a lot of coaches do. I think a lot of coaches might pop on to the draw page to gauge the level of interest/activity but not activate until they see 4+ coaches. So you see 2 or 3 activated coaches and assume that no draw will happen, so don't activate yourself.

The solution might be that you have to signal your interest in a different way as the box draw page and the gamefinder screen offer pretty limited interactions with coaches. Sure, I can accept the match with my Ogres vs. that nasty team only to decline the match on the confirmation screen (tee hee!) but I'm not sure the other coach gets the joke.

Discord is probably the tool to do this right now...

Several coaches already organize Box Howls over on the FLCA (FUMBBL League Community Americas). Head over the #Box Howl channel and see if there's any other lonely wolves wandering about under the full moon Wink The nice thing is you can gauge the interest better, and who's likely to show up as well as a bit of banter on the side.

Alternatively there's the #instant-smack channel on main FUMBBL discord too that could get used in NA times. Just gather 8 coaches and an admin can start the KO tournament quickly and these can be R or B teams AFAIK.

For Ranked, if you're tired of the cherry picking then make your own challenge within your parameters on #general. Why not?
 Jump to: