57 coaches online • Server time: 17:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What looks to be available, Foad?

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

NOT SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF SWLADMIN JUST AS AN OBSERVER

SWLAdmin have a policy of not advertising 'what is available' so as to not set incorrect expectations about what you may get.

This has been the case for a very very long time.

Better asking if anyone in the league is up for crunching the numbers...

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just want to say I am very happy to have won the SWL Premier and i am very surprised I have moved from Reggies to Conf to Prem and to Champion with only one loss. I have had some problems keeping Troll Slayers alive (but hey, they're here for a good time, not a long time) and found the Prem season very challenging and every game was a tactical battle (and twice I was saved by a failed GFI for a score this season).

I am playing on with the Giants to defend the title but I suspect I may be hit with a fair number of retirements and I look forward to how the team management flows this season because to be fair, other than dropping one Guard Longbeard, the whole process has been uneventful.

So, I look forward to the challenge of a title repeat, but I suspect the Loss column may get another tick or two in the coming season.

Cheers
Clay
swladmin

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXVI Round 7 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXV

All Clear - Great win by Clay's big men, congratulations that man.

SWL Orcs for Correct Spelling Conference LXXVI

All Clear - Top to bottom separated by 9 points, a very hard fought conference. Just taken out by Tomays Orcs

SWL Sphinxes from Mars Conference LXXVI

All Clear - Undefeated Mushoomy takes this one, just, another battle for the top in this conference

SWL Gangrenous Gabriel Regional LXXVI

Cocoa Speed vs Haunted All-Sorts - Forfeit to All-Sorts

Otherwise Daudy's Dark Elves romp it in ahead of an otherwise tight pack.

Foad

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Season LXXVII Draft
--------------------
BigMac666 - Norse
DanteMordicain - Dwarves
Luisito2036 - Chaos Renegades
Almic85 - Chaos Dwarves
Oozeboss - Goblins
Klazam - Lizardman

Post   Posted: May 20, 2019 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch

Image Rammi Helmsmann, Dwarf Blocker. Smothered with something other than love by Smotherlover 0 SPP. Hopefully he'll achieve more next season as a zombie.

Image Canary, Elven Union Lineman, snuffed out in a coalmine of fouling boots by Trey Clearstream. 3 SPP.

Image sunflower gone to seed after being blocked by Felix Liess. Skaven lineman. 2 SPP.

Image Adelaida, Rotter. Knocked out of shape by the Mighty Manshape, Nemesis of the Regional Division. 3 SPP.

Image HúbonHigh Elf Thrower, set on the path to enlightenment by Wang x Yangming. 30 SPP.

"Steady on lads, here's a 5 death bonanza! We haven't seen anything like that this season since the Rationalists and the Lupine Fiasco met!"
"Yes, and this time they didn't even need to kill a player twice to get to five corpses!"

Image Wetchal Willowgrove, Wood Elf Catcher, Gzarth Bronzehelm making a weeping willow widow cry. 13 SPP.

Image Dorduken, Hobgoblin runner, from Dorduken to Turducken, bashed, basted and finally wasted by Durthu Darkbough. 0 SPP.

"Would you say he took a bough?"
"I guess so, Bob."

Image Sylvester Darksnake, Journeyman Hobgoblin runner by Wychwethel. 0 SPP.

"Does that one even count, Bob? I mean, come on, a journeyman hobgoblin?"
"I just get confused Bob. Which wethel is which?"
"Do you mean Wychwathal?"
"What...?"

Image Ia Sprucemaker Wood Elf lineman, made for a spruce box by Drarukh 1 SPP.

"Aren't coffins made from pine, not spruce, Bob?"
"Whatever, Jim."

Image Luthias Elmshade, Wood Elf Lineman, put permanently in the shade by Merc Chaos Dwarf Blocker 1 9 SPP.

"Do you know much about him?"
"Who, Merc Chaos Dwarf Blocker 1? Yeah, lovely chap. We went on holiday in the Border Princes last year. Think he's Irene Shandyhands' brother or something."

Image Bait-Block Nugen, fell over dodging and died. Skaven lineman. 0 SPP.

Image Ishme Dagan, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, blocked by Rumbles Montgomery III 18 SPP.
"At least he has a new career as a zombie."
"That's right, Bob!"

Image Demongo, Orc lineman. Blocked by Lord Daysius, I guess Demongo had to go-go. Well, what kind of Orc gets killed by an Elf Catcher? 0 SPP.

Image A last little ray of Sunshine, Elven Union Lineman. Fouled to death by Munnion, not ever seeing the sunshine again. 0 SPP.

Image Pingyang 'Kraken' Azrael, Amazon Blitzer, pinged, yanged, and finally cracked by Happy Dancer. 31 SPP.

"And scooping the Robin Williams My Captain, My Captain prize for this season, it's Borc!"
"That's right, it's all over for Yegrova as Borc puts in a firm block."[/i]

Image Hawa 'Roaring' Yegrova (c), Amazon Blitzer, finishing her season in style by visiting the morgue and not coming back. Helped on her way by Borc. 56 SPP.

"And hang on, Bob - what's that in the sin bin, banned by the ref for using a chainsaw?"
"We'll let the Cabalvision daemon zoom in on that ... yes, you're right Bob, that's ..."

Helmut Wulf, Star Player. Well, that was a bit clumsy - fell over, fouled to death by Billy Clumsyhammer, the Redskins' work experience kid. When will we see his like again?

"Probably a bit sore, wouldn't you say?"
"Thanks, Bob."

"Well, that's a good haul for the last week of the season. 17 deaths (could that be a record?), and good for the environment, especially for those players being recycled to the more 'welcoming' undead teams!"
"Indeed Bob. Although all those zombie dwarfs look a bit short, don't they? Anyway, it's been a great season, and we're looking forward to seeing you all again soon -"
"But Jim! We still need to check the Curse Of The Death Watch!"
"Thanks Bob. How could I forget? Well, Manius Aurius Crispus broke his neck, but he's still limping around. Felix Leiss fractured his leg this week... Anyone else?"
"Thanks Jim. Come back later for an end of season special where we find out which team is the one you
shouldn't join if you don't want to die!"

Oh, and in late breaking news, an eighteenth casualty:

Image Mike, the Rogue slipping to a hilarious but egregious end, falling on his backside dodging to make a blitz and having his spine pop out the top of his head. Mirafel the Mocker could be heard laughing mercilessly at this, denies tripping him up. 65 SPP.

Last edited by MrCushtie on May 25, 2019 - 22:34; edited 3 times in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 21, 2019 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can everyone please ensure your skill choices are made by Friday 8pm in preparation for season rollover.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2019 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall of Fame Entry: Wäŋa Warriors
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=766950
The team to break the SWL’s Orc curse, the Warriors lifted the Premiership in season LXII and came close to following it up in Season LXV (finishing equal first but losing on countback to rivals Slumbering Skink). They also won 2 Conference and a Regional title(s). More impressive perhaps was that the Warriors won in an era featuring clawpomb killstacks with an old fashioned mark them up and grind them down style. Along with the first Orc premiership title, the Warriors will also be remembered for their media presence – coach DrDiscoStu providing unprecedented access to his game plans with video breakdowns of his philosophy and play.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2019 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Watch End Of Season Awards

Live from a tent next to the Theatre of Breams, and sponsored by the Scoundrels, here's the End Of Season Awards for Services To Death!

Glutton For Punishment Award
Wetchall Willowgrove started life as a lineman. Perished miserably, came back as a Catcher... and then died again.

Extreme Glutton For Punishment Award
Leroy Deeptree, one of the few players to ever die twice in the same game.

Let's Start A Sevens Team! Award
Cloud 11 Stormbreakers: 7 deaths in one season

Hardest Hitters
The fans were the most consistent killers of players this season. Can anyone beat that next season?

You don't have to be crazy to work here but ... Award For Excellence In Workplace Safety
Joint award for the Waaaaghington Redskins and the Singed Poor Scoundrels, for both having one player killed by another team mate.

You're safe now, my lovelies Award
In a controversial result, the only teams to suffer zero casualties this season were Unicorn Gunfight, Pugs Not Drugs, Blackwater Cockfighters and Haunted All-Sorts. It's suggested that the honourable thing for the Cockfighters and All-Sorts to do is to sack their apothecaries, and for the Pugs and the 'Gunfight to admit their whole teams are dead anyway so can't qualify for this award next year.

Regrettable Career Choice Award
29 linemen (and linewomen, and linerats) died this season. (including zombies, all manner of beastmen and goblins, that would be 37 players.
For those considering a more skilled career, there was an equal death toll amongst Chaos Dwarf Blockers and Amazon Kota Kalim Blitzers.
An honourable mention for Wood Elves, who contributed 9 deaths this season, almost an entire team roster.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2019 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Death Watch Week 6
Image Prancle-Dance Fuffergump gufferthumped by Manius Aurius Crispus
Mummy, 60 SPP.

"You know what, Bob? I really thought you were going to say something about packets of Crispus are bad for your health!"
"Death is nothing to joke about, Jim..."

Tomay

Post   Posted: May 21, 2019 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall of Fame Entry: Blackwater Glee Club
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=752944
3 Peat! The Blackwater Glee Club won 3 straight Premierships toward the end of the CRP era, following it up by narrowly missing out on a 4th and then finishing runners up in the ASC – the final season of CRP. Clearly the Glee Club dominated the end of CRP. A team full of stars in their prime. A roster full of capable killers, two of the sexiest agile beastmen you could dream up all supported by the perfect mix of utility. Foad has always been a strong team builder, but the Glee Club probably fielded the most glorious roster to ever grace an SWL pitch.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the tie between chorf blockers and Zon blitzers impressive.

Chorfs should be tough

There's only a single Zon team
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't figured out which race does the most damage. I'm assuming it's undead, but it might just be whoever spent the most time playing elves this season ... Smile

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

For anyone who gives a damn. I am still parking for next season. Will see how things look for the following one

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

polemarch wrote:
For anyone who gives a damn. I am still parking for next season. Will see how things look for the following one

We're here for you when you need us bro. Be strong. Smile

Jump to: