45 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts?
Love it!
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Like it, but...
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Don't like it, but...
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Hate it!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all! A while back I made a Slaanesh roster, together with Dode, with contributions from Sann0638 and feedback from Waldorf and Enarion. I figured people here might be interested in seeing it as well.
I'll admit up front that I'm not too big on fluff knowledge and approached this far more from a crunch perspective. I really wanted to offer something the base races don't, that would provide interesting starting and building options, without feeling overpowered as a whole. While I don't have playtest data, I'd expect this roster to be tier 2.5 initially (they suffer from the same issues Slann do), and build up to 1.5 at higher TVs (complete lack of S access and only 6 G access, 4 of which lack hands still hurts, but lots of options).

As stated in the figure itself, it's definitely initially based on the two Slaanesh secret league rosters. Clicking the image will download the pdf.

Last edited by the_Sage on Feb 05, 2020 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

my 2 cents -

The Daemonette No Hands fluff works.
The KOS Disturbing Presence doesn't fit - they should almost have the opposite? They are kinda seductive I think?
KOS Leader doesn't work with Wild Animal in the traditional BB sense. I read your explanation on Reddit and I get it, but there needs to be some fluff to explain why they are there. Like in BB2 the Kislev bear has "Prehensile Tail", when they actually have a chain.

A leader is somebody who helps train the players up I feel, and a loner wild animal isn't going to be doing much training.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

flashman1234 wrote:
my 2 cents -

The Daemonette No Hands fluff works.
The KOS Disturbing Presence doesn't fit - they should almost have the opposite? They are kinda seductive I think?
KOS Leader doesn't work with Wild Animal in the traditional BB sense. I read your explanation on Reddit and I get it, but there needs to be some fluff to explain why they are there. Like in BB2 the Kislev bear has "Prehensile Tail", when they actually have a chain.

A leader is somebody who helps train the players up I feel, and a loner wild animal isn't going to be doing much training.

Thanks for the feedback! My fluff reasoning for disturbing presence is basically fascinated distraction rather than disgust; so yes, kind of like the opposite (fluffwise) indeed.
To me, the loner means they don't listen to the coach, and leader means other players listen to them.
The fluff for the wild animal is harder; I'd guess they're too self-absorbed to do anything half the time, but having an interesting plaything makes them more likely to pay attention to the game; something along those lines?

Last edited by the_Sage on Feb 05, 2020 - 11:20; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

For comparision, here are the two Secret League Slaanesh teams:
https://fumbbl.com/help:SlaaneshDt
https://fumbbl.com/help:SlaanE

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Szieberth!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

- Cultists look ok, not sure about AG access, but they are not op;
- Daemonettes with No Hands, well, there are some pictures portraying them with 1 claw per arm, but there are some with one hand and one claw, so, not sure about No Hands;
- Slaangors look ok, basically Beastmen with AG access and old Very Long Legs +MA bonus but without the current skill;
- Keeper of Secrets should have Extra Arms according to the pictures and miniatures, Leader, looks weird if they are Wild Animal and self-absorbed, if they are selfish, why should they bother directing their team mates?
AG 1 no please, I understand the balance reason, but a Keeper of Secrets is very agile according to the fluff, while Break Tackle + AG 1 suggest a clumsy and brutal creature lacking grace and relying on sheer strength.
AG 1 means that a Minotaur is more agile than him, that's absolutely against the fluff.

Last edited by MattDakka on Feb 05, 2020 - 12:34; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, if you only look at the stats I get that, but I really wanted them to have AM access. I liked the AG4 of the secret league roster, but if you allow an AG4 big guy to pick dodge 2heads (or leap VLL), that would be too unstoppable imo, hence the workaround. I suppose we could give them AG2 (or even 3) and drop a (few of the) skill(s), but it would be harder to justify rostering one at 180K.
The reason it doesn't have extra arms is that (in the image in my head, at least), two of the arms are claws of the big daemonette pincer type.
For me the leader is less "KoS trains the others" and more "the others try their best to impress / attract the attention of the KoS".

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That's true, with A access the KoS could be too unstoppable, although Loner makes the Leap a bit risky.
Anyway, Garion removed A access from the KoS for balance reason.

You are right, 2 of the 4 arms end with pincers, maybe Garion should remove Extra Arms from his KoS.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted Like it but.....would you have no Apo access? I'm a below average player (so don't trust my logic) but assuming I wanted the Slaangors, I can see me running a perpetual journeymen cultist population because they'll drop like flies and I'll always need cash reserves for the postitionals
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@MattDakka; yes, loner leap is still risky (though having played as and against Roxanna, not risky enough). However, AG4 + dodge + 2 heads would be VERY hard to stop, even with wide or double screens. Declare blitz, keep going until you need to use the reroll, then punch whoever you're next to (quite possibly the ball carrier). And even if you don't knock them down you're in their formation with dodge, sidestep, tentacles (or dt). (fortunately we're talking about a 260K AV8 player at that point)

At least with BT and low AG it's 1 dodge per turn; I kind of like that built in limitation.

@C0ddlefish This was intended to be a team *with* apo. If I removed the apo, I'd add regen to the slaangors. In a bashy meta keeping this team going will be tough since every replaced positional is so lacking basic skills; they're a lot like Slann when it comes to that.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If that is your concern, remove A and M access from KoS then, at that point Dodge and Two Heads would require 2 doubles, although on the other hand the KoS should have A access. M should be not available to Greater Daemons, anyway, the lesser followers of Chaos powers mutate, not the Greater Daemons.
About declaring a Blitz: it's risky too with Loner + Wild Animal, in my experience it's really bad to be forced to risk to waste a Blitz action in order to quite reliably move a Wild Animal player.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think AM access + BT makes for a more agile big guy than AG4 with S access, and I'm quite pleased with that. AG3 no hands 2 heads would work crunchwise but look even weirder to line up to the fluff.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2020 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing i noticed right away. The idea of the ma7 beastman was that he dropped armour for speed. I think this is a fair trade. I think overall it's fairly decent.

Anyway great promotion of your roster. Leave enough of a breadcrumb trail and the french boys are sure to pick it up!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2020 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice roster that combines the others well. Daemonettes seem a bit cheap at first until factoring in the no hands. Which means you probably use Gors for ball carrying. Though I agree with HM you may then consider making them AV7. Or the same price as human blitzers.