71 coaches online • Server time: 21:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have an Orc team going in box and they are still in the first 15 games phase. When I get to the end of the new team protection am I better off building big or building small? I don't want to be clawmb'd to death unless I have a big bank, but I also don't want to be going into games down 500 tv on the regs. (also just generally want to get games).

Eastern NA time zone if that makes a difference.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you small you get small(man) and if you build big you end up running into the huge clawfest freaks. There really is no way to avoid getting pummeled in the Box, which is supposed to be a large part of the attraction. After all, teams without claw also can't avoid you right?

Just build them as you enjoy them. That will make the occasional claw induced collapse a lot more easy to bare.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Medium sized also runs the chance of hitting medium sized clawfest freaks Smile

You could always run three orc teams of different sizes, I suppose...

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You’ll be fine at least until 2000tv. Above that you may run into some teams with many killers.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to avoid clawmb by stunting team growth is silly tbh.

It was a valid concern in CRP where above 1650+ you were near guaranteed to play vs 1-3 cpombers every 2-3rd game in the box and would simply find yourself wrecked. But without the PO reroll your chances of KO/CAS occurring are much lower. In addition, a clawmb player can't hide on the ground to avoid you hitting him back.

But now if you build your orcs in any way approaching normally, someone practicing the usual "clawmb and hide" blitz will need to be really lucky most turns or simply end up getting guardlocked eventually (or even just beaten up) - Chaos, Necro, UW, Skaven, Chorfs, Pact, Nurgle... all have much softer targets for you to remove and keep number parity.
At 2m tv+ as Joost said, the M on normal crew will have probably 3-4 guys with clawmb, at this point you may very well struggle if you're still running 12-13 orcs and no DP (however i would wonder how you'd get so high with only 12-13...).

But the truth is you can find clawmb at any tv - minmaxed pact, necro, UW can be stupidly low. As can skaven. Even playing normally UW tend to float around 1300-1600, and the same goes for the other two (1300-1800). If you play super lean, it's actually more likely one of these teams gets the numbers on you and then *really* trashes your team.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

My Orc team is currently 1820 TV and generally I don't have issues, therefore you should be fine as long as you have enough players (13-14 for mid/high TV) and your team is not bloated.
Although Clawmb is dangerous for AV 9, without PO it's unlikely to be annihilated by it.
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

claw-mb-(tackle?)-block x3 is 180k-240k, factor in an apo and average fan factor, and some lino skills, you're in 1400-1600 territory

don't worry about your TV forcing you to face the worst uphill matchup, that can happen at any TV Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grow big for the Whalelf to chomp on!
neilwat

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 20:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have a dwarf team that gets lined up against Nurgle etc and in some ways I enjoy a game against a claw style team, it forces you to play a differently. Also Orcs are pretty good against it as for the same TV you can still bash hard and hopefully out guard them.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 23:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You know what is good against claw? av7
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2019 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Pie is also good.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
You know what is good against claw? av7

I have a zon team
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If AV7 is good, and pie is good, then AV6 Flings with pie should be even better!

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
If AV7 is good, and pie is good, then AV6 Flings with pie should be even better!

That's what the fling marketing materials say at least. Wink
 Jump to: