36 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it time to drop Zara?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 23 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Piewhistle
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2019 - 22:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Zara and Bertha are clearly not in the BB16 Star list for flings. Is it time to drop them from the fling roster?

Keep them for Zons and other eligible races which haven't been Spiked yet.

All the new fling stars apart from the Goat and the Golden Era star are now implemented on FUMBBL. Throw that pie!
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2019 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zara is kinda explicitly dropped from bb2016 in general.
almic85

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2019 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes we should be trying to follow the new BB16 rules wherever possible and this means dropping stars that are no longer accessible to teams after they are revamped.

There is probably a different discussion needed on if some star players should be dropped completely (Zara for example) who are clearly being phased out of the game.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Arktoris

Post 7 Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a more important question is, "What's a piewhistle?"

and can I buy one on amazon.com?

edit after google search:

oh...well isn't that ordinary. and no, don't see em on amazon, but Etsy's has em.

Neutral

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The most pressing question on my mind is this.

Should Zara have her Pic presented in such a way that it appeals to men in her Bikini AV8 out fit, showing off her figure?

OR

Should we embrace a more conservative approach with Zara that her pic should not show off any of her female anatomy and make her look like she is transitioning to a point in her life where she accepts her masculine side.?

This is the pressing question to the community.

Iam Up voting Zara in a bikini because Iam a man and not some dude thinking above the waist.

Shocked Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
The most pressing question on my mind is this.

Should Zara have her Pic presented in such a way that it appeals to men in her Bikini AV8 out fit, showing off her figure?

OR

Should we embrace a more conservative approach with Zara that her pic should not show off any of her female anatomy and make her look like she is transitioning to a point in her life where she accepts her masculine side.?

This is the pressing question to the community.

Iam Up voting Zara in a bikini because Iam a man and not some dude thinking above the waist.

Shocked Very Happy Surprised

According to BB cannon, Zara doesn't wear pants but Karla does. Like in one of the spikes (might be an old one) they explicitly say Zara never wears long pants.
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it's a shame to drop stars players, it's always interesting to have more choices

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree, that once the spike has been released for a race, which means they have their 10 new stars the CRP stars that are no longer listed should be removed.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It's good for the new players on fumbbl to keep the rules as close as possible to BB 2016, so removing the old stars for the team who already got their spike sounds legit.
The next question for me could be : do we really keep the Slann roster in box and ranked ? I guess that's an harder question Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to remove the outdated Star Players from the eligible ones' list.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... can we add the new Stars as they come out, and wait to remove the old ones until GW has published their updates for all the teams? Maybe remove old stars when GW publishes all the rules for Blood Bowl 2016 in a single, comprehensive compendium?

Because, boy howdy, I was kinda put out in my tabletop league that was JUST using the BB2016 rules to discover that my Khemri team had an option of zero (0) stars, 'cause folks hadn't gotten around to publishing anything for Khemri yet... and my rookie Khemri were fighting 500k+ uphill in every game. Yeah... we laughed and laughed. Extra options without excluding folks could be good, yeah?

Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Hmm... can we add the new Stars as they come out, and wait to remove the old ones until GW has published their updates for all the teams? Maybe remove old stars when GW publishes all the rules for Blood Bowl 2016 in a single, comprehensive compendium?

Because, boy howdy, I was kinda put out in my tabletop league that was JUST using the BB2016 rules to discover that my Khemri team had an option of zero (0) stars, 'cause folks hadn't gotten around to publishing anything for Khemri yet... and my rookie Khemri were fighting 500k+ uphill in every game. Yeah... we laughed and laughed. Extra options without excluding folks could be good, yeah?

yeah, I think we all just saying - only remove stars when the team has their full 10 star player list in the new edition. Because we know that team has their complete list at that point, any with incomplete lists should remain with crp stars (or CRP +2016 edition) until they have their 10.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:

I am not sure if any teams have 0 star players for bb2016. But some teams like Orcs have a very limited star player pool
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They are laggin on the Orc, Human, Skaven, Dwarf, Underworld, Gobbo and Skaven Spikes.

And yeah, once they publish those Spikes, that’s what I would think the Star Players available to that team are and until then, roll with the ones they had in Icepelt.

They really have been doing a good job with the magazines, just wish they would get ones out they already made minis for.

Side question- Anybody know if missing out on anything with having the Spike! Almanac compared to the individual issues?

Also, nice turn around on getting the new stars implemented. Real nice. I know it’s gonna take a lot of coding, but are we gonna get the Fling with a squirrel positional... It’s basically official, I heard it on a podcast.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2019 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
razmus wrote:

I am not sure if any teams have 0 star players for bb2016. But some teams like Orcs have a very limited star player pool

slann are the only 1 with zero, lizardmen and chaos dwarf are next lowest with 2, someone earlier said khemri have none, thats not quite right, they have 4 so far

check my thread for all info - https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=736031#736031