31 coaches online • Server time: 14:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the better Star Player?
Lord Borak the Despoiler
59%
 59%  [ 37 ]
Grashnak Blackhoof
40%
 40%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 62

Wolbum

Post 22 Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently saw a facebook poll asking about who do people prefer to use on Chaos or Nurgle teams between Grashnak or Borak. To my surprise, Grashnak got about 76 votes and Lord Borak only 14.

Since Fumbbl has less overall number of coaches but ones with far more experience on average, I am wondering what the opinion is here and why?

To you, who do you think is better and why?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

First, I should preface with: I love playing as Nurgle - they make me laugh.

And in those games as Nurgle, I change which of the two I take... but I tend towards Grashnak when my opponent will be predominantly ST3 and have dodge. (I can't have tackle with either star, but a blitzing Grashnak can have six block dice to try to get a greased elf off the field!) That said, I've also learned that if my opponent has a decent chance of hitting back, and I might need a roadblock... Grashnak's armor is just too thin to be reliable.

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it depends on your opponents really

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends, really.

Grash can be really useful when what you're really looking for is just the extra ST to stand about in places, but obviously if you're in a situation where the player you take needs to block, Borak is much less inherently risky.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grashnak is a much more reliable minotaur.

Borak is a beefed up chaos warrior.

The first has more appeal as it gives your team something it cannot have otherwise. The second has Dirty Player.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Grashnak can surf a treeman. Borak can get sent off the second he tries to apply his Dirty Player.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Janitor wrote:
Grashnak can surf a treeman. Borak can get sent off the second he tries to apply his Dirty Player.

Grashnak would need the treeman to cooperate to being surfed. Smile (He's one Juggernaut short.)
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
It depends, really.

Grash can be really useful when what you're really looking for is just the extra ST to stand about in places, but obviously if you're in a situation where the player you take needs to block, Borak is much less inherently risky.

I have had mixed experience with both. Borak is less mobile but if the fight degenerates into a massive scrum fest of attrition, I think he can be solid with block and Str5.

On the other hand I found Grashnak a super safety or line back and he can surf and also break open boxes or roadblock. A bit like in the SPIKE! Magazine, where he stays behind and keeps catching any break throughs.

But I am still curious to other FUMBBLers views on them are.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For dodgers I go with Grashnak, but for heavy hitters I prefer Borak. But sometimes I still go with Grashnak to have the opportunity to crowd surf or if the opponent has a few Strength 5 players and I want to neutralize one of them.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it correct that Gnashrak doesn't have Wild Animal? Makes him decent then. Though I would still tend towards a Block s5 player if I was for example playing a NAF tournament where I don't know opposition race. No block and loner is a pain.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Janitor wrote:

Grashnak would need the treeman to cooperate to being surfed. Smile (He's one Juggernaut short.)

I totally thought he had juggs. Shows how much I play chaos teams.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, the dirty player on Borak is just another nice extra. You use it, when the game is already decided. harr harr harrr...
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
No block and loner is a pain.

Strength 6, horns, you'll be rolling three dice with no support needed most of the time. You'll be 3-dicing flipping Zara with 2 supports. If you're fishing for pows, better roll 6 times.

Although, for the purpose of having a high strength roadblock to park in front of stuff, it's debatable wether st6 is better or worse than st5 block.

Still, we're talking about buying stars for teams with high positional and RR prices Rolling Eyes the "optimal" choice is probably none of the above, if you want or must take one, pick the one you like the most based on flavour and inclinations.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 12:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Pie
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised Lord Borak still has a lead.
 Jump to: