37 coaches online • Server time: 01:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2019 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been approached with a few ideas on what to add to the League Stats Tool.

Unfortunately not all of them are realy feasible but it got me thinking that it could be a good idea to ask if others also have ideas what could be added.

I will probably not get around to it very soon but would like to use this thread to collect and discuss ideas.

Ideas so far:

- Injuries suffered by players/teams: I think I could collect the permanent injuries suffered and probably even MNG, but not BH results.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Shoot. I wanted # blocks suffered by player, preferably displayed on the summary page.

It's one thing to know that 3 players are 100 games old. It's another thing to know that those players have played 110 turns, 150 turns, and 1700 turns respectively. It's yet another thing to know that the first player has suffered 85 blocks in those 110 turns, and 75 cas, while the second player has only suffered 12 blocks in their 150 turns.

Possibly a way to get fan factor of the team at the time of the match from the match summary page.

Ideally I'd like a way to record how many cas a team has suffered (which is not the same as the number of cas their opponents have caused). In particular, I'd like to see cas caused by surfs and thrown rocks displayed on the match summary page.

Also number of KO's in a match, and stats on KO wake up rolls.

Last edited by Nelphine on Aug 13, 2019 - 00:32; edited 2 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

A way to count the number of rolls that passed, but instead of splitting them by 1 die vs xdb, i'd like to separately see rolls where the player has a built in re-roll shown as 2 die rolls.

So in particular, I want to be able to see the difference between an elf with dodge failing to dodge away (from a non tackle opponent) and an elf without dodge failing to dodge away on 2 different turns. This would be akin to seeing the difference between successful blocks with different numbers of dice. Going with this, listing out team re-roll attempts as seperate from other 1die skill rolls (or as a seperate set of block categories, giving you 10 block categories total instead of 5.)

This also leads to wanting to know how many blocks were successful in knocking down the opponent, as opposed to not knocking over the blocker. This specifically is only relevant because we already have number of blocks that don't knock over the blocker, and we have results of each block die. But 20 blocks against blodgers can be very different than 20 blocks against unskilled linemen.

Super ideally, I'd like to see number of actions that required x rolls, to show how many rolls a player made for each action. So agi 4 stunties could easily have turns where they rolled 8+ dice. Basically an extra category called 'xdie actions', which would need to include block die somehow as well, and should probably also include 0die actions.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm. Sorry, I've been thinking about stats recently.. sorry if I come across as crazy!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Hm. Sorry, I've been thinking about stats recently.. sorry if I come across as crazy!

That's ok. I wasn't offended at all.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

For the League Calculator, Team offensive and defensive rankings, similar to what is displayed in American Football.

Offense is a calculated total of all Rushing and Passing Yards, including total number of Touchdowns scored.

Defense would be the opposite: total Rushing and Passing Yards allowed by a team, as well as the number of touchdowns they allowed to be scored.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A way to sort in both team and tournament would be lovely (performance for players in team X in tornament Y, Z etc). And perhaps a way to adjust the cap on how many players are shown (the cap on top 10 gives me problems sometimes)
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Feature Requests:
- Top10 Most SPP not counting MVP
- Top10 Games Played

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2022 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be interesting to have the same possibilities of tables for tournaments but with team rankings.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2022 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to get a sortable table of all the rosters in marked tournaments. To compare winrates, cas rates, foul rates, etc. between races.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2022 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The league stats tool has a new home: http://leaguestats.fumbbl.com/

The move was triggered by heroku (the hosting service I used initially) to announce that their free plan will be terminated by Nov 28th. That left me with 2 options, either find a new hoster or start a payed plan at heroku.

Christer graciously offered to host the service on one of his machines (for the technically inclined it is a separate Ubuntu vm on his hypervisor being shielded from the main network with me having shell access).

So as of now the tool is available under this awesome new url. The old url is still valid as of now until heroku shuts it down at the end of the month. So that gives you some time to update your bookmarks.

And all hail Christer!!!!

Jump to: