42 coaches online • Server time: 00:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Another Cup winner progresses

[SL] Elfi di Nettuno
(Sea Elf - 1720TV)
Gary_Gygax

2 - 0

Report/Replay

It´s raining cats and dogs
(Were - 1360TV)
Demercel

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

13 hours ago a rookie Angry Marauders team trampled over the terrorizing Master of Change. The demons team was 1030k more expensive than Hung!

The coach of the Hung team woke up early in the morning on his birthday to play before work and the team gifted him with performance that led to victory. Go go Marauders!
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Outstanding giant killing!

That is dedication. Happy birthday!

Angry Marauders
(Hung - 990TV)
Akuku88

1 - 0

Report/Replay

[SL] Masters of Change
(Daemons of Tzeentch - 2020TV)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Well, I was going to enter my orcs. Wink

I've never really agreed with the idea that Secret League teams should be weaker than tier 1.

There are tier 1 teams in SL. There are just more tier1.5, 2 and 3 teams

Indeed, there are some good teams in there. Somewhere I got the idea that Secret League teams where mainly meant to be generally weaker than tier one.

I got the impression that that was where some of the comments about tier 1 BB2016 teams playing in [SL] stemmed from.

The numbers show a few races edging over 60%, compared to the BBRC's 55% limit for tier one. Smallish sample size admittedly.
Ranked & Box don't have any race over 60%. Though some are over 55%.

Are the teams really that good? Are their win%s up due to playing vs weaker rosters? Are they simply being played by 'winning' coaches?

I think it stems from the tier 1 teams playing against weaker opposition that has stretched some tier 1 teams win percentage to slightly above 60%.A good yard stick are Valkyries who have the same roster as lrb4 Norse. Now they have a very good win percentage, but they certainly aren't a top drawer race.

SL cup has been great so far this year:)

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:01; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A few other matches have been played!

Snorkland Stars
(Sea Elf - 1920TV)
captainmalkor

2 - 0

Report/Replay

Arrggg Me Hearties!
(Sea Elf - 1150TV)
The_Demon

and

[SL] Ludicrous Speed
(Clan Eshin - 1390TV)
Kzarik

4 - 1

Report/Replay

[SL] Little fists of fury
(Pygmy - 1410TV)
DrClaes
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

With 9 more games completed, it's time for the next BLOOD REPORT!

Previously, on BLOOD REPORT! we had 139 casualties (6.6 per match), with 78 badly hurt, 42 seriously injured, and 19 deaths.

We now add another 50 casualties! But.. only 3 deaths, and 6 seriously injured? Wow, those 41 are some lucky blood bowlers!

This brings us to 189 casualties (6.3 per match), 119 badly hurt, 48 seriously injured, and 22 dead.

Death toll:
Slyfist, Image 12 SPP Forest Goblin Savage Orc with Dodge
Waldyn the Smith, Image 9 SPP Tilean Linemen with Block
Sweeps and Creeps, Image 7 SPP Clan Eshin Clan Rat with Guard

Now please, think of these lost players, take a moment, and ask Nuffle 'WHY WERE THERE SO FEW!'

No changes were found in the largest TD difference in one game, the bloodiest match, or the most brutalized team.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And now for the definitely-not-a-Blood-Report!

We are reaching the half-way mark of the tournament. 30 games have been played, 30 teams are out.

15 races are out. Including Nurgle. That leaves the Borg as the only 'regular' race still in the tournament.
On the other side, 4 races still have 3 contestants each in the tournament: Sea Elf, Khorne, Sisters of Sigmar, and Pirates of Saratosa.

Not a single race has had 3 entrants knocked out yet, but 5 races have had 2 entrants knocked out.

And 8 races still have 2 contestants fighting for their name: Daemons of Tzeentch, Clan Pestilens, Northern Nippon, Von Carstein, Slayer, Avelorn, Daemons of Slaanesh, Kurgan .

Is your favored race still in the [SL]UMBBL Cup V? Click here* to find out!

*Pleasenotethatnolinkhasbeenprovidedbecausetheinformationisallinthispost.

*P.S.Ohwait.

P.S. The following races are down to 1 entrant remaining!
Rasetra, Witch Elf, Araby, Clan Eshin, Elemental Water, Forest Goblin, Gnome, Half-Elf, Hobgoblin Slavers, Hung, Khainite Assassins, Lahmian, Nautican, Squig, Tilea, Valkyrie

P.P.S Zomgzthemathzworkz.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I think it stems from the tier 1 teams playing against weaker opposition that has stretched some tier 1 teams win percentage to slightly above 60%.A good yard stick are Valkyries who have the same roster as lrb4 Norse. Now they have a very good win percentage, but they certainly aren't a top drawer race.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Would there be any benefit in nudging a few more teams closer to tier 1?

Garion wrote:

SL cup has been great so far this year:)

A record field. Plenty of big name teams. Even the odd giant killing.

Gotta love it. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In core rules, there are 24 teams. Of these, 3 are obviously bad. Another 4 are difficult but not as obviously. The remaining 17 break down into somewhere between good and better, and may change depending on exact tv (or more accurately, exact skill compositions, which some of the teams happen to have an advantage with given a coach with good team management ability).

I haven't completed my side by side comparison of teams for SL yet, but my initial impression is that instead of having more than 70% of the races between good and better, it's closer to 40%, and even then, they were more towards good instead of better.

Then instead of 16% of the teams being difficult it's more like another 40% are somewhere between difficult and good. And similarly instead of 12% of teams that are bad, it's more like 20% between bad and difficult.

Obviously these are just initial impressions. Numbers could certainly be totally wrong.

But if my initial impression is remotely right, then it's the overall power that's a problem, not just a few that need to be closer to tier 1. In particular a lot of the teams that are in the difficult range need to be increased up to good range.

One big caveat: SL teams have a much wider range of starting skulls than core teams. This makes it both much harder to judge team effectiveness compare to each other, but also makes it much harder to tweak power relative to each other.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You got also very extreme stuff in SL. The rock paper sissor effect can be big.

You got some very unique stuff: hypno gaze spam without drawback. Stab spam. Big guy spam. Ag5 spam. Stunty str3 spam. Tons of claw access. Some awesome starting skills, like tackle on big guys or dirty player on other dudes.

While most of it makes for unique and interesting matchups, some things end up creating extreme missmatches. For example most struggle to find an answer to a wall of too high str. like a 2000k + Moulder team, giants, or the otherwise crappy trees, etc. A missmatch some leapers, ag5 spammers, or some ultra bash won't suffer as much from. Other missmatches are created by too much hypno or claw access.

So, overall very hard to meassure. The fun part even in extreme missmatches is trying to figure out a solution. Suddenly a str4 dauntless player sounds much better than in normal bb, for example (and the sisters start with one). Or looking for teams that can counter certain extremes better, or playing those extreme teams yourself.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I am fine with the tiers, and that SL offers more tier 1.5, 2 and 3 races, there are still plenty of tier1 SL teams, and add in all the normal tier1 teams to the mix and you have a very nice large pool of tier 1 teams. I enjoy watching normal races play L races.

I guess it comes down to how you feel about tiers. I personally love them. Some people want much closer balance between all teams.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to run a future tournament in the style of GLT with a stunty and big guy group, a tier 1 group, a tier2 group etc.. Then the winners of each group play off in a final 4 ko.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament continues!

Embutidos y Salazones
(Khorne - 2270TV)
Arturidas

2 - 0

Report/Replay

Cutthroat Coven
(Forest Goblin - 1460TV)
DoodleRaccoon

and

Von Who Now
(Von Carstein - 1650TV)
EnglishJake

2 - 0

Report/Replay

[SL] Wormwood Hardware Store
(Khainite Assassins - 1500TV)
Weresquid

and

SL Slayer Lust
(Slayer - 2040TV)
iena

2 - 1

Report/Replay

[SL] Worldsedge Gyrocopters
(Gnome - 1380TV)
demigod

and

[SL] Shadows of Araanjagan
(Kurgan - 1060TV)
Nelphine

2 - 1

Report/Replay

Riptide Ravagers
(Nautican - 1230TV)
DoodleRaccoon
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Tileans put up a very good fight in the first half, breaking the Sisters armor on an alarmingly regular basis. But reminded of their mission at the half by Sigmar… the Sisters reaffirmed their faith and came out with fists flying.
After a brief overtime period, the Tileans have been Purged from the Cup.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

[SL] Purge
(Sisters of Sigmar - 1670TV)
captainmalkor

2 - 1

Report/Replay

[SL] Heroic Dungeoneers
(Tilea - 1540TV)
demigod
 Jump to: