40 coaches online • Server time: 11:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christy

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2020 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12127

updated the stats and included tables down the bottom with most of the information found in the graphs.

I also made a fix to my adjusted points. I had thought that the point bonus was 1.5 not 2.5 per point unused! Needless to say the lower tier races get a big boost. I am sure there is some selection bias in who is actually picking weaker races driving them up the rankings but still, underworld are king!
Alfie

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I have a problem that i am struggling to get a game today with my Ogre team ..as it took a battering last game and is now TV 610. I have only tried to find games with it over the last few hours but i had a look at games being played and no other team was anywhere close to this level. Will i struggle to get games?

If i do struggle to get a game with them, i wont be able to finish my 100 and/or start a new group of 4 (as you have to finish your first 100 before starting another?). Is there anyone (an admin?) who can advise what to do?
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

you can start a new group of 4 whenever you want. It just has to be 4 different races to what you have already played.

As to 610 - that's going to be tough after 3 played games. You could play in Brawls until you get your TV up, but they aren't played that often.
Alfie

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice. I may try some other races.
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually not true, the first squad has to complete his 100 games before you can start a second squad.
That said, there are some other teams with the same problem, so if you persist, sooner or later they'll get a game vs battered flings or so.
But the Brawl thing is a good advice, you'll probably lose some games, but at least they'll get games in tourneys.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

And Brawls draws fairly often (like every week, give or take) these days. One one game to lose, then team is good to play again.
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

TIL x 2
Alfie

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be a pain...but how do you join Brawls? I found the main page but there is no link etc to register.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=7922r

Apply under Teams.

There is also a Blog by mrt1212 on the main page.
Joost

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just making sure the amazing run by Storr's Wood Elf team "BBT3 B. F. Volkspark" gets its due attention: 26.5 points out of 25 games!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
Just making sure the amazing run by Storr's Wood Elf team "BBT3 B. F. Volkspark" gets its due attention: 26.5 points out of 25 games!

Nice, yet to see a perfect run though I guess Smile
JB

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After a long break from Blood Bowl and Fumbbl, I recently came back and started a Blackbox Trophy run. Initially, I just wanted to get some practice games in and thought it wouldn’t hurt to take part in the trophy while I am at it. Having some downtime due to Covid19, I quickly got into playing BB frequently again and probably spent a bit too much time on here lately. Finishing my trophy run in under 40 days, plus a few league and NAF Live games is more time than I should dedicate to BB … I guess for me online BB is just quite addictive … so this will be my last trophy attempt for a while, need to be careful with my BB/fumbbl habits.

That being said, I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed (re)connecting with many coaches on fumbbl. Thank you!

I am pretty happy with my final result, currently 3rd overall with 3 racial leads. This also led to a shakeup at the very top, since I managed to claim the DE lead which was previously held by Malmir/Strider84. This makes Joost the new trophy leader – congrats!

All of this came down to the very last turn of my very last game where I managed to elf away with a game tying TD.

Khemri
Picking this team was mostly guided by my memories of the old Bash Blackbox. I quickly started dreading this choice though since AG2 is just such a pain and Blackbox seems much more diverse to me than it was a few years ago.

Undead
I thought that this would be my best team and I had a good start with them. Eventually, I ended up playing a lot of games very conservatively to a tie rather than risking everything for a potential win. I am still somewhat torn about what you should do in these situations. Overall, I believe that this racial lead could get challenged quite easily.

Dark Elves
It came down to the last game, to indirectly defeat two really great coaches on the racial lead for DE. In retrospect, I probably should have done some more TV management with this team as I ended up with some very odd Blackbox pairings, both in my favour and to my detriment.

Goblins
They really grew on me … I picked them mainly because my next real-life BB hobby project are Hungry Trolls pirate goblins. A bit of a learning curve with goblins in terms of roster composition (started without doom diver, huge mistake) and TV management. I think they are a surprisingly competitive team, especially at 0 BB trophy squad selection points.
Best of all, I think that opponents sympathise with goblins (stunties?) much easier than say dwarves… so even if you do pull off some crazy plays, I found that coaches are less likely to just grief/complain etc. but rather laugh it off… so this is certainly a roster I am looking forward to play again, as playing goblins helped creating a certain BB game spirit that I enjoy.
Storr

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I just finished my first box trophy run. When I designated my squad, I just picked the four races I wanted to play most and am rather comfortable with. On goblins and especially flings I also wanted to try the new positionals that I hadn't played with before. Here some thoughts on the four teams:

Skaven 17/5/3: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=963108
Started without rogre and thrower and with an apo. The run went pretty well and having a MA10 AG5 gutter helped a bit.

Goblins 13/4/8: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=963090
Started with pogoer, saw, fanatic and doomdiver. I'm used to play goblins (and flings too) mostly with inducements since I learned blood bowl on bb2 and the matchmaking there allows larger TV gaps right from the start. With goblins I could adapt better than I thought and this teams' run was the most fun out of the 4 teams. Especially this pogoer was a joy to use. On the other hand he also meant that the TV was relatively high, but it still felt comfortable. In the end I needed 1 point out of the last three matches to claim the racial and supass PurpleChest, but only got one draw vs three different norse teams. So it's a tie with PC for the racial on a score that might be beatable. We'll see.

Halflings 10/8/7: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=963099
I started with all positionals, 14 men and 3 RR and dropped one later when I got leader. First match was a win against ogres (before the change of the effect of disposable on activation TV), but the second game vs undead was a disaster. I never felt so helpless in a game of bloodbowl before. Afterwards I paused them for three weeks. They're pretty damn hard in box without inducements! With guard on the trees, a block catcher and a MA6 catcher, they got a lot better though and after a few more games I got used to it. I also found my sidestep hefty very useful to guard on side from the oppenent. All in all I liked the new positionals very much (although some might disagree), but struggled with keeping my TV low. In the second half of the run the team's TV was between 1200 and 1300, what lead to some difficult matches. It's probably better to try and keep the team lean. Well, it still was enough to get the racial, but I'm sure that fxii will get a better score, considering that he is at 9/1/4 now.

Woodies 23/2/0: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=963095
Started with tree, dancers, one catcher and one RR. After a draw in the first match the team was almost unstoppable. I missed strip ball a bit early on, because both dancers rolled doubles for Mb. Not sure if I would do that again for a trophy run or skip for strip. I didn't even think of controlling the TV here and brought every lineman to wrestle and dodge as quick as possible and was even able to have a bench most of the time. Since the linemen skilled so well I also didn't get more than two catchers. With 23/2/0 this might be the racial lead that sticks.

Alltogether the squad is currently in third place with a combined score of 89.5 (including the three racials), which I'm pretty satisfied with. My next squad will consist of teams that I haven't played before and I'm curious to see where it leads me.
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Very impressive. After seeing all these stunning performances in the bbt I start to question myself if I would be able to come close to such a record.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah two pretty incredible runs by two coaches I had never even heard of before. Laughing Well done guys! Also, you have made two of my personal goals obsolete and the third at least harder... it seems all the bars are set pretty damn high this season. Well, I'll just try to finish my run and post a respectable score. Smile
 Jump to: