24 coaches online • Server time: 01:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alster

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2019 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The player is:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9998897

On this team:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=769887

I'm thinking Extra Arms or Two Heads to help with his main role of scoring TDs, but he isn't likely to skill again and I was wondering whether something else to help the team might be better, like Tackle or Guard, both of which I'm lacking.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2019 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll probably guffaw but...

Tackle.

Yes, Extra Arms gives him ideal odds on a naked pickup, yes Two Heads allows for the 2+ dodge but...but having a long range dude who can sack a blodge ball carrier if given the opportunity and even scoop up if successful - I like that kind of player.

Between what you mentioned though - Two Heads. Pickups are important but I think you'd get a lot more mileage both offensively and defensively with two heads.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2019 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tough choice between tackle and 2 heads. I d go 2 heads

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2019 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip ball and Tackle if you want him to be your safety, Two Heads and Extra Arms if you want to make him your runner
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"Strip ball and Tackle if you want him to be your safety, Two Heads and Extra Arms if you want to make him your runner"

I don't get this.
Ok Strip ball if he is your safety. Totally get.
But Tackle? Just to make sure the guy won't run away or get the ball back? You have just doubled up massively on skills that are very similar.

IMHO there are better choices. Tackle helps dislodge the ball when Dodge is used, combining with Strip ball is a waste as it does the same.

I would choose:
Strip ball + Frenzy. You have Horns and are likely to be blitzing. Frenzy gives you that critical extra roll to dislodge the ball and pushes the player further away from their first dislodge.

Tackle + Shadowing. You have MV8. Tackle in itself isn't that hard to escape. Oh no they have to spend a reroll on a critical dodge... so what. Add Shadowing and suddenly the opposing coach will go "do I want to burn dodges to get out of this". Downside, such a player will have even more of a target on their backs.

(tackle/Frenzy/strip ball) + wressle. Yes this is probably a 6th skill option but not a bad one. You have a valuable player so block protects them defensively. By adding wressle they will dislodge the ball on attack. Combines better with Strip ball then tackle.

With Block and sure hands I am not seeing this player as your sacker. They have Block + SH which tends to lead me to think they are the ball carrier. Fend or FA come to mind just purely to boost the ball carrying part and keep player alive.

Personally I would go the strip ball + Frenzy combo. Combined with Horns this would allow the player to become an uber sacker.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is a power skill, far more effective than Strip Ball. Just sayin'. But Two Heads is nice too.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing on TV 2000 +/- i think Strip Ball is a bit of a waste. At that TV most people got 1 carrier that has sure hands anyway.
I would rather go with tackle or two heads. You got 2 attempts to pick up the ball, but getting away is the dangerous part. Failing the pickup leaves you standing up next to the ball adding a TZ, failing the dodge leaves you hurt on the ground possibly with no TZ on the ball at all.
madvig

Post 12 Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

madvig wrote:
Playing on TV 2000 +/- i think Strip Ball is a bit of a waste. At that TV most people got 1 carrier that has sure hands anyway.
I would rather go with tackle or two heads. You got 2 attempts to pick up the ball, but getting away is the dangerous part. Failing the pickup leaves you standing up next to the ball adding a TZ, failing the dodge leaves you hurt on the ground possibly with no TZ on the ball at all.

Oh yeah... And tackle for adding another sacker for your team. However this guy is unique and shouldnt be just another tackle-guy if you ask me Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

2 heads now, see what happens later. Having an extremely mobile carrier is something nurgle do not normally have and is an edge that you should exploit.

I would not take extra arms or strip ball ever on this guy. And frankly do my best to avoid both on nurgle. Frenzy should likewise be avoided as he is the ballcarrier, and a frenzied carrier (even one that blitzes as st4) is something for opponents to exploit.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think extra arms or 2 heads depending on how efficient is the rest of your team at bashing. If you can circumvent the need for dodging often enough, then 2heads adds little. When in doubt, take extra arms, as pickup generally happens twice a game, every game, and going from 1/9 fail chance to 1/36 fail chance not counting rain or tackle zone, makes a huge difference.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 10:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say sneaky git
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Two heads. You have plenty of defensive skills and potential blitzers in the team, but lack an agile ball carrier.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Two Heads. Ball carriers must dodge reliably.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Hand?
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Big hand, then make sure you roll an 11 as sixth skill
 Jump to: