23 coaches online • Server time: 05:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Italian_Android

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
"Strip ball and Tackle if you want him to be your safety, Two Heads and Extra Arms if you want to make him your runner"

I don't get this.
Ok Strip ball if he is your safety. Totally get.
But Tackle? Just to make sure the guy won't run away or get the ball back? You have just doubled up massively on skills that are very similar.

IMHO there are better choices. Tackle helps dislodge the ball when Dodge is used, combining with Strip ball is a waste as it does the same.

I would choose:
Strip ball + Frenzy. You have Horns and are likely to be blitzing. Frenzy gives you that critical extra roll to dislodge the ball and pushes the player further away from their first dislodge.

Tackle + Shadowing. You have MV8. Tackle in itself isn't that hard to escape. Oh no they have to spend a reroll on a critical dodge... so what. Add Shadowing and suddenly the opposing coach will go "do I want to burn dodges to get out of this". Downside, such a player will have even more of a target on their backs.

(tackle/Frenzy/strip ball) + wressle. Yes this is probably a 6th skill option but not a bad one. You have a valuable player so block protects them defensively. By adding wressle they will dislodge the ball on attack. Combines better with Strip ball then tackle.

With Block and sure hands I am not seeing this player as your sacker. They have Block + SH which tends to lead me to think they are the ball carrier. Fend or FA come to mind just purely to boost the ball carrying part and keep player alive.

Personally I would go the strip ball + Frenzy combo. Combined with Horns this would allow the player to become an uber sacker.

Strip ball is countered by sure hands, and usually sure hands player has dodge. Tackle cancel dodge, making that safety super reliable against sure handers dodgers. Situational? Maybe, but it can be gamechanger. Also frenzy is a good pick i did not think about, so as a safety there can be three main combo

Frenzy Strip Ball (the best one considering the benefit)
Frenzy Tackle
Tackle Strip Ball

the Tackle Strip ball can, as i said, take down blodger with sure hands

The Frenzy tackler has more chance to blow down a blodger

And the Frenzy Strip Ball has more chance to bring away the ball from the carrier.

Btw, i looked now into the team. Since he is the one who seems the most capable player to handle the ball, even extra arms and two heads are looking good, considering that he can move with gfi up to 10 square, and with some nice chain push even up to 11/12/ott. It's tough, think about the role of the player in the team and afrer you picked the role, pick the skill
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think extra arms or 2 heads depending on how efficient is the rest of your team at bashing. If you can circumvent the need for dodging often enough, then 2heads adds little. When in doubt, take extra arms, as pickup generally happens twice a game, every game, and going from 1/9 fail chance to 1/36 fail chance not counting rain or tackle zone, makes a huge difference.

In how many games of BB is it easier to manage the amount of dodges you could potentially make over the course of 16 turns, than merely position around the potential fail of a 89% proposition, twice?

Again, ideal odds on a pickup are great and fantastic especially against teams that will make you absolutely rue the 1/9 fail but...if I'm playing defense and the pickup is made then I scoot along to where I can invoke the next best fail points which is usually invoking dodges or GFIs to score on the player in question if I can't get a decent shot on the ball or invoking other fail points on other team members by invoking extra blocks and GFIs to make them.

Failing a pickup sucks, but you can do a lot to offset the peril positionally without any risk. Getting out of a Tacklezone has no such 'risk free' way to mitigate or plan around for failure, especially if it is an integral move. Even taking a blitz or block against the marker is risk.

I bet I can make you dodge with your ball carrier on a 3+ with no built in RR more than twice per game on defense.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %01, %2019 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
I was going to say sneaky git

Always.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra Arms... Now I can see you're armed.
Alster

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Went two-heads, definitely worked my last game, he has the speed to burst clear, but MA8 is useless unless he actually manages to dodge free in the first place.
 Jump to: