62 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it odd that there is no fumbbl resource to explain what each skill does. There are some old links, but they don't include new skills. I cant find the info on swoop anywhere on the internet.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought of this myself this morning when I realised I have no idea what Weeping Dagger does lol
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming that might fall foul of GW's lawyers, because a nice resource on all the skills replaces the inaugural almanac.

ClayInfinity, it's quite simple what Weeping Dagger does: it makes people really angry Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

swoop means you pick the direction you scatter using the d3 template 3 times when the player is thrown. Instead of the d8 scatter. You also get +1 to landing

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mostly curious if you count the tackle zones you land in before or after swooping
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You could try it out in test mode and see how it behaves in the client. It's what I would do.
juck101

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it must be the copyright of GW. best option would be a resource that explains how tp use each one?
Wreckage wrote a long guide as a pdf, I recall that covered every skill. Certainly a good start point.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
mostly curious if you count the tackle zones you land in before or after swooping

After swooping.

The swoop just directs the scatter (there is always a scatter with TTM). So after scattering you roll to land in the square your player end up, you get +1 to roll.

The skills are all listed in the rule book, which you can buy from GW.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Head-Coachs-Rules-And-Accessories-Pack-2019?_requestid=9181029

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also search google for blood bowl rules 2016

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I find it odd that there is no fumbbl resource to explain what each skill does. There are some old links, but they don't include new skills. I cant find the info on swoop anywhere on the internet.

Seems like a chance of a bit of redemption. Where you could oversee such a project?
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2019 - 11:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's important to mention that FUMBBL can't host direct copy/pasting of the skill rules. Those are copyrighted by Games Workshop.

The official response to rules reference information is to, as Szieberth did above, point to the head coach handbook published by Games Workshop (or the other publications they offer).
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2019 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't quite get how this is different from the inducement list page, or star players list page etc, but ok. I'm willing to host a separate page, if you happy to link it, feel free to priv msg me answer if prefer.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2019 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's how copyright works, you can't copyright rules or math or such, but any particular expression and/or arrangement of them is automatically copyright, and rewording all the skills can easily give the wrong impression anyway.

Fumbbl has agreed to avoid GW copyrights, to make it clear this is not Blood Bowl, just a fantasy football game which uses the same rules, and in doing so takes reasonable effort to keep GW art and other copyright material not here, and not linked from here.