37 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mush

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
GnoblarBezer wrote:

Also need to wait and see, are Ogres now going 0-5 with an extra runt punter? Is the runt punter the same cost as a normal Ogre? I would assume so.

Ogres are 0-5
Runt punter is 0-1 150k and has SP access

Shame the runt punter has kick team mate instead of throw team mate. A pass/strong arm arm ogre would have been nice. But kick team mate just seems like an overcomplicated rule that won't get used much. Sacrificing a blitz seems crazy. But maybe I'm wrong. I'd also not like to have to pay 10k more for an ogre with an ability I won't use. Sure access to leader is nice but other then that. Meh?
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
GnoblarBezer wrote:

Also need to wait and see, are Ogres now going 0-5 with an extra runt punter? Is the runt punter the same cost as a normal Ogre? I would assume so.

Ogres are 0-5
Runt punter is 0-1 150k and has SP access

Cheap access to leader is nice but it would be good to have had throw team mate as Mush said although the risk with that is he would become an absolute baller, especially with an ag up. Although I guess now a HMP ogre with some diving catch gnoblars down the field might come in handy!
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Runt punter gives the 6-ogre grandfathered teams the option of running 7 ogres until one of the original six dies.

Cheese on a stick!

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 11:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you who are interested, the Disposable skill is already available on the site (for use in custom rulesets). The value of the player is not taken into account during TV calculation (and similarly for TW). I'm not sure how/if this skill would interact with the client, and have therefore not done anything client-side for it. If you can think of something it would affect during play (or in the inducement phase), let me know.

I have also begun working on the Kick Team-Mate skill which is obviously more complicated and will take a bit of time. My hope is to have the skill implemented before the official release (saturday next week), and will do what I can to make that happen. No promises though.

A number of you have also asked about the Slave Giant. This is a distinctly optional rule and I will therefore not prioritize it. This is also reinforced by it probably being the most complicated thing to implement I can think of (followed by the multiple ball card, which would also be a bit of a challenge).
Mush

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

I have also begun working on the Kick Team-Mate skill which is obviously more complicated and will take a bit of time. My hope is to have the skill implemented before the official release (saturday next week), and will do what I can to make that happen. No promises though.

Do we know the exact wording of the kick teamate skill? I just assumed it would be the same as Grak and Crumbleberry. But I haven't seen the new rules yet other than what has been spoiled on GW. So it might not be.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 11:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they published a page of the Spike journal during their official live-stream. I have a screencap of it (not posting it though; it's GW copyright).
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kicker, who doesn't have the TTM skill, gets Passing skill access? That's dumb

But it could be fun to build an ogre quaterback.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

With Leader on him there is a further TV reduction.
I guess they didn't give him TTM because with Pass 1ttd could be too easy (relatively speaking) but yes, sounds dumb.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
.. It's there, it just isn't applicable.

Of course, Ogres get all sorts of bonuses all over the NAF world for being rubbish. I'm sure that will continue, and actually, most of them are better than the impact Disposable would have already, so I'm not sure TOs will want to reward Ogres twice for being crap. At the next tournament I'm going to, for instance, Ogres receive 200 k more with which to build their team and double the skill allocation of tier one teams. You wouldn't want them also having the affect of Disposable on top of that enormous buff, even if it did apply?

Ogre may get extra bonuses over other tiers in some tournaments, but I doubt it is often. I think adjusting the rules so Ogres specifically can use inducements would be very sensible. Then these other extra options you mention that tournament organizers make wouldn't be needed. Ogres crying out for a buff and you would deliberately ignore the one they get.. especially as Gobbos and Halflings have extra options.

But main thing is it will work in fumbbl Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The landing modifiers are rather rough :O 5+ or 6+ for long kicks on ag3.
I suppose a single d6 kick may help a snot get out of enemy range in some cases, and there is no pass roll. But still having to do a 4+ landing when you may have just gone a square or two..
I fear the main impact may be a player 10k more expensive who squanders your blitz action by kicking a snot in to the turf Very Happy
As Matt says leader would be one option.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2019 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be wrong, but isn´t there a potential issue with finding games with rookie Ogre teams in ranked and blackbox if they start with a TV of 850-900-ish?

I think it has been suggested before that it would be nice with a feature that lets a team join the matchmaking process with a TV that is higher than the factual TV, so the team can get inducements (chef for haflings for instance). It seems to me that rookie Ogres would benefit from such feature too, just to get games. Anyway, that is something that require develepers time and effort and I dont know important it is compared to other changes.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2019 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been highlighted to the powers that be

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2019 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the GW rules, disposable effectively works like a -20k TV skill. Any additional skills/stat increases do count for TV.
Wry
gkornecki

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2019 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing to add here of relevance, just that the ogre hate goes all the way into their descriptions of the ogre star player. Ogre is only 7 feet 9 inches? And a seven foot 9 inch Ogre weighs 307 pounds?
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2019 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have ordered mine 2 boxes for the full squad & can use the other 2 Ogres for other races.
Pre ordered from Wayland games at about 20% off & free postage in the UK.