71 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gratchoof

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Can a single team be in multiple tournaments at the same time?

Thinking about my DE box team who are in ELF and are considering applying to XLF and the Warpstone open.

Do they need to leave ELF?

Thanks
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ELF is not a tournament, it's a metagroup. They can stay in that.

The XFL and Warpstone though are separate tournaments and you can only be in one at a time. So you would have to pick which one you wished to partake in, since unless you lost rd1 in the DE XFL, you would be unable to take part in the WO.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, thanks for the response.

Never done a proper tournament before so looking forward to trying.

And warpstone open seems like the rewards for winning would be interesting, even if the only way I'd win is through a combination of sweltering heat and pitch invasions leaving me playing 11 v 0 ... and I'd probably still only draw lol
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
ELF is not a tournament, it's a metagroup. They can stay in that.

You can play in multiple Metagroups as well! It's possible to join E.L.F., Arr!, and the Black Box trophy with the same team and compete in them all while entering an Official Tournament too.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 16:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Having had a quick peek to see what teams you have available Gratchoof I am sad to say you only have one team in a competitive division (R or B) that is hence eligible to enter either the XFL or the Warpstone Open.

It is also very small for a tournament without capped Team Value. It will, in either, be likely drawn against something MUCH bigger. Possibly 2000 or more.

I would strongly urge you to play some more games and try to rise to at least 1700 where i would be prepared to hold out slim hope. As it is sadly I see none, and I am talking about winning game one. XFL can be a little more friendly in terms of TV faced in earlier rounds, but the big beast of DE are still well over 2000 TV and will be there somewhere.

That is not to say you shouldnt still enter, as long as you are clear as to your prospects.

The Warpstone Open doesnt start for 2 weeks, you could feasibly raise a team for it in that time frame.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review Smile

As you may have seen from my recent matches, I've just been playing league teams Vs my mate for the lols, but as his computer game development is gearing up (https://tocis-chosen.manakeep.com/) I thought I'd branch out into playing other people with other teams.

I don't like Ranked as I'm too precious about my players and when I previously did that I spent too long handpicking teams to play against.

So blackbox it is.

As you say, I do have time to get more games in with my DE team to skill them (and hopefully me) up more, but what other team do you think I could start and they'd skill up relatively quickly?

I like my Pact team in League, but that's mostly cos the team captain has carried them for the last half dozen games and it's unlikely I'd get a similar player (that survives) in box.

Anyways, thanks again for the comments. I'll try to find time to get more games in, but if not then lots of inducements might help...
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 09:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion is Dark Elves.

you should start a second Dark Elf team to hone DE play, build a second option and mean two team activating which should lead to fairer games.

Dark Elves grow quickly and can add value with positionals that also raise TV.

If i were you I'd be looking to grow to around 1750 by the time of the warpstone.

Reasoning:
Teams that can grow quickly are the answer, and mainly thats elves. Orcs might be another option due to durability.

But that raises the issue of growth in B division, which despite much healthier diversity (due to the trophy) is still a VERY dangerous place once you leave rookie protection (15 games, but it tails off towards the end) and also above around 1500 TV.

DE have always had the rep as the least squishy elves and probably deserve it.

Dark Elves have some awesome stars available which should be fun, and with the Wizard back lean mean builds could surprise some people this year.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratchoof wrote:
Never done a proper tournament before so looking forward to trying.

Building on Purplechest's suggestions, I would try your hand at a Royal Rookie Rumble if you start a 2nd Dark Elf team and enter them into B.A.R. Brawls on a regular basis. These are tourneys you can join with rookie and smaller teams respectively. You can also practice for a Major with High B.A.R. Brawls.

You can find the RRR and BAR Brawls here: https://fumbbl.com/p/tournaments

At least for me, I find tournaments have a different feel to them from one-off games, but that's something you can practice at. Then when your team's ready for a Major, you'll be a little more experienced managing that adrenaline rush!

Also, you can have multiple teams in the E.L.F., so be sure to enter that 2nd Dark Elf team if you decide to create it.

Jump to: