29 coaches online • Server time: 03:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eu4ico

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,i am very Rookie.
I want to know if ranked games are only to fun or maybe there is a rank list for each team.
Is a competitive game like CCL in BB2?
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a competative division officially speaking. So you are expected to finish games and adhere to the rest of the site rules.

Blackbox is arguably the more competative division, as there is no choosing your opponent. You are matched mostly by nearest team in terms of team value.

This thread will almost certainly devolve in to people that believe they are elite sniping at one division or another. Ignore them and play where you like in the style you enjoy. And have fun Smile

Ps - try not to forfeit games. It's not very well received:)

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and welcome!
You can find coach rankings here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/coaches?order=&r=0&d=0&start=0

Both Ranked and Black Box are competitive divisions: in Ranked you can offer/refuse games while Black Box is TV matchmaking division (the teams are drawn by an automatic scheduler).

Currently the Black Box Trophy event is on, you can find details here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy
It's an indirect competition based on playing 4 teams of different races (25 games each team), earning points, and climbing the Trophy ladder, so maybe you could be interested.
The coach with most points in the end of the Trophy event is the winner.
Anyway, have fun!

Last edited by MattDakka on Dec 22, 2019 - 19:13; edited 1 time in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As a relatively recent subscriber - I'd say go Blackbox rather than Ranked - it's basically the same as CCL.

I did Ranked first and was too picky about who I played. It meant I thought I was better than I actually was. You'll probably get more wins in Ranked but develop as a coach more slowly.

In real terms, you probably want to set up teams for both. Then look for Blackbox games, if your fail to get matched then have a look in Ranked as a backup plan
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice reflection on coaching C0ddlefish.

Ranked is Ranked and what's considered "fun" there has changed a bit over the years - still considered competitive since you will gain/lose CR for those matches.

If you are looking for something like the CCL, then you have options in the Black Box Trophy, or perhaps the FUMBBL official tournaments
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pffft. You need to keep it Secret! Keep it safe. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 22:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Its a fan made nerd site playing fantasy football, also known as Blood Bowl. everything is competitive, and tracked, but also everything is for fun.

So, Leagues:

B Division is an open competitive perpetual league using a random draw scheduler (run every 15 minutes) to match teams by TV in as fair as way as possible. very similar to a CCL that never ends. You can start teams anytime and run them as big or small as you like for as long as you like.

There is a coach rating (CR) for B.

R Division is an open competitve perpetual league using gamefinder page to allow you to select and offer games to other coaches looking to play. teams can start anytime and play as long as they like.

There is a coach rating (CR) for R.

There is also a coach rating (CR) that combines R and B ratings.

L Division is for league play, and can vary from 4 mates playing a league of regular BB together, to some weird and wonderful rule changes, draft systems, player numbers, resurrection (NAF) formats, skills, you name it, it can be altered and changed here. There is some super cool stuff here, including the secret league (over 100 races) linked above.

L is not deemed a competitive division and attracts no CR.

As to each Race and your ranking there, yes, you have a ranking of CR for R, B and combined for every race you have ever played on FUMBBL in any competitive division.

On your coach page check 'rankings'
or go here for top lists: https://fumbbl.com/p/toplist

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2019 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

oh thank you very much for the info, these links are very useful to me.
Is there another tool, link or information interesting to new players like me?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2019 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If by new player you mean you are still learning the game then the 145 club might be a good place to start
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=3180&op=view.

It's set up specifically for players new(ish) to blood bowl rather than FUMBBL specifically
 Jump to: