59 coaches online • Server time: 23:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My natural tendency is to kick the ball short and hope for a blitz; that works fairly well for Skaven or other high speed teams, but next week I have a match with my Nurgle team, against a mixed Undead team. (It's four Tomb Guardians and two Mummies, so I'm unlikely to win any bashing competition.)

I'm in the strange situation where I'm playing a team even slower than mine - so do I kick deep, and rely on his skeletons being incapable of picking up the ball, or do I kick short and hope to run a pestigor round to pick up the ball under his nose?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious about the ruleset, can you link to the teams involved?

Anyway if he's so slow I'd probably go for a deep kick, hoping for a failed pickup, while your warriors/rotters/beast tie up his pillars and your goats try to run ahead and steal the ball

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It's on BB2 - I'm not sure how mixed teams work there, but he's got:

4 TGs (one with Guard)
2 Mummies
6 skeletons & zombies. No skills apart from that one Guard TG.

I think I handicapped myself by going for a normal team: 4 Bloaters, 3 Pestis and 4 Rotters (no Beast), 2 rerolls. At least I have Block on 2 Bloaters and a Kick rotter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

As Java said. Kick deep, he's slow moving and it will spread his team out. Tie up his front line and rush your pests to to the back of his field and with ag2 you will get a failed pickup at some point.
neilwat

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2020 - 23:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, sounds like the rare day where you will get out bashed so rush with a deep kick. Your bloaters may be good at typing up two big guys. With your foul appearance and them finding it difficult to 3D you then you might be good to do this if you get the chance.
smallman

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2020 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

if no kick skill, always centre square, for best chances of no touchback
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2020 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 and its random MVP assignment means I now have a niggled rotter with Kick and 14 SPP. This is a beautiful world. Will report back on bashfest by the end of the week