46 coaches online • Server time: 19:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent intentionally throws the ball to you, and your guy catches it, should you get credit for an interception? If my guy catches it, does my opponent get credit for completing a pass?

I think not in both cases and the client seems to agree with me but I ask anyway.

In the linked game, Throwrek is messing around and threw the ball to me on the final play of the game. I caught it and neither of us got SPP for it.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4122504
badger89

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You should have got one for a interception

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

but no interception roll was made so may be a bug

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be the logical conclusion. Your guy is rolling for a catch, not an interception. Say the ball is thrown to an adjacent space and you catch it with diving catch, that still constitutes a catch and not an interception.

In the same way, he is not actually completing as a completion is a successful pass to an own player.
neilwat

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

To have a chance to intercept you have to be "closer" than the receiver. If you are the intended receiver then you can't be closer than yourself so can't attempt to intercept. That is how I would see it.

Bombs is a time where you may aim to throw something at someone not on your team in a normal game.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
If your opponent intentionally throws the ball to you, and your guy catches it, should you get credit for an interception?

No, that's not an interception, but a catch of a pass deliberately targeted to a player.
An interception means stopping mid-air a pass targeted to a different player.
Kondor wrote:

If my guy catches it, does my opponent get credit for completing a pass?

No, the completion requires the ball being caught by a thrower's team-mate in the targeted square, not an opponent.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The only important interception question:

why can you intercept a pass before the thrower checks for fumble?!

(expletives has been left out)

Last edited by Balle2000 on Feb 18, 2020 - 22:39; edited 2 times in total
badger89

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
The only important interception question is: why can you intercept a pass before the thrower checks for a fumble.

Well said lol
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, an ag2 player doing a long bomb is probably not going to be getting the ball in a position to be intercepted Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 07:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Badger, the real only important question is how can a chaos dwarf in the tackle zone of a beast of Nurgle intercept the ball and then pass the ball to a Bull in the end zone.
Joost

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
The only important interception question:

why can you intercept a pass before the thrower checks for fumble?!

(expletives has been left out)

because it's not a sequence of events. But a checklist for different scenarios unfolding. first check: will an interception happen? If not - second check: will a fumble, missed pass or accurate pass happen? and so on.
badger89

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

neilwat wrote:
Badger, the real only important question is how can a chaos dwarf in the tackle zone of a beast of Nurgle intercept the ball and then pass the ball to a Bull in the end zone.

Because am a lucker and the player in question was named PC haha
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Interception roll is before throwing roll to make interceptions more likely, if I remember well (and I suspect to speed the game up, because if interception happens first, there is no need to roll the passing die or the scatter die like in case of missed pass/failed catch).
From the logical point of view it doesn't make sense indeed.
 Jump to: