60 coaches online • Server time: 22:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2020 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My humble contribution:

https://ibb.co/DptShfz

(resize as needed, if you want to use it).
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2020 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be happy to contribute with an official Jopotzuki (R) MS Paint-logo. Here is an example of my work:

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2020 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

*Note: Truckerpunks complex effort needs longer to allow for more informed analysis*

ORC 'em up
Sometimes it is important to push boundaries, especially when trying to create a cultural revolution. Society has sleepwalked to the edge of a climate catastrophe, and it is deeply encouraging to see the art world stepping into that arena. Art should speak to the heart and how better to spark a revolution than via the public subconsciousness.

The image clearly references the increasing importance of the Organic Research Centre's Environmental Mandate (ORC's EM up) but includes a deliberate typo which points to the urgency of the issue playfully and offers some levity to counterbalance the serious point being made. 'No time for minor corrections in this crusade!'.

Within the image itself we see a green fist striking out, showing the need for direct forceful environmental action. The black glove signifying the darkness that awaits should we fail.

I love the use of a classic blond haired figure to represent the westernised society that ultimately has responsibility to make these changes. The tooth flying from his mouth a glorious pun to say we need to spit out the truth (tooth, get it?). That truth is that we can no longer live in our hypocritical haze and continue to point the finger at the developing world.

Last edited by C0ddlefish on %b %14, %2020 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2020 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I could use a logo and I'm willing to donate to get it. So, if anyone's willing to give it a go, let me paint the scene:

A dwarf, clearly a grizzled slayer, sits on a log facing a small fire. In one hand a plate of food, in the other, a laden fork halfway to his mouth. Perhaps a coffee pot is nestled at the edge of the fire, a steaming mug on the log beside the dwarf.
A large double-bladed axe leans against the log the dwarf is sitting on, in easy reach.
Looming behind him, indistinct as though emerging from a thick fog, a huge form. Clearly a monster of some sort but details are lacking.
The Dwarfs raised eyebrow, half-snarl, and sense of alertness reveals he is aware of the intruder.

The team name appears below: Death Before Breakfast.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2020 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking for something a bit Carravaggio, a bit Tracey Emin, (watercolours or pastels preferably), for my Clan Moulder team.

No timewasters please - I asked some chancer on Fiverr to do it and she told me she needed a budget, as if the reward of making me a logo wasn't enough.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2020 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

What are Calins anyway?

A question to define the ages and one that Kondor poses to us in a fashion that makes us really ponder the quality of our lives? What are cuddles? Why do we get them? Why do our wives pull away so quickly when we initiate them? Do they really think we're trying it on? If I wanted to do that to her I probably wouldn't have married her. But we must look at the representation of this indefinable incidence in the Pitch Art. What does a monkey stabbing a baby in a coffin have to do with cuddles? And what on earth is that infernal machine the human is trying to demand money from with menaces? Do these seemingly meaningless doodles sufficiently represent the loneliness that we desperately try to quell by attempting to put another mans pixelated Blood Bowl team through the literal meat-grinder? For me, looking deep inside myself, the answer is a resounding yes. The ape inside me, self effacing and insistent on destruction sees this work and weeps. Just weeps. Bravo Kondor! Bravo!
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2020 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

Clearly Darwin at work.

Ahhh, the plagiarists dream, the Pixel Art cheat. The photo with banner... but is it really cheating, or is it an examination into turn 16 fouling? The most divisive issue facing modern Blood Bowl fanatics since Jarvis Johnson started the whole damned thing, turn 16 fouling has had more fallout than the Chernoybl nuclear reactor failure of.... whenever. The American Civil War caused less conflict between brothers, friends and aqauintances.
The major issue addressing the argument is as irrelevant as the accusations of Pixal Art plagiarism. Is turn 16 fouling acceptable? Yes. Is it part of the rules? Yes. Should it be done? Yes. Is it dependent on the situation? Yes. Is using a photo for Pixel Art cheating? Well... that is not for me to say.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Lezard's Reggae

As we all know one of the first things they teach you at the prestigious École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris is that art is in the eye of the beholder, but also in the mind of the artist.

Here can look at 2 variations by different artists from the same simple 2-word brief, one from Truckerpunk and another sadly anonymous effort. Both have commonality, seizing on quite a mainstream conception on Reggae for which I have no complaint.

The truckerpunk effort wonderfully picks a lacertilian colour scheme and it's bold lines are used grip and entice. The character within the image looks stoic, strong and prepare, but also within his eyes you can see a melancholy brought on by witnessing the loss of many loyal teammates. In the words of British national treasure Kay Burley "Sadness in his eyes"

https://ibb.co/DptShfz -truckerpunk

The second effort moreso focuses on the public presumptions about Reggae. To many simply a musical scene which peaked between the releases of UB40's Labour of Love and Findlay Quaye's Maverick A Strike, this second image clearly reference that critical cultural period in celluloid & vinyl.

https://ibb.co/zxHNtpP - unknown artist
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Well, I could use a logo and I'm willing to donate to get it. So, if anyone's willing to give it a go, let me paint the scene:

A dwarf, clearly a grizzled slayer, sits on a log facing a small fire. In one hand a plate of food, in the other, a laden fork halfway to his mouth. Perhaps a coffee pot is nestled at the edge of the fire, a steaming mug on the log beside the dwarf.
A large double-bladed axe leans against the log the dwarf is sitting on, in easy reach.
Looming behind him, indistinct as though emerging from a thick fog, a huge form. Clearly a monster of some sort but details are lacking.
The Dwarfs raised eyebrow, half-snarl, and sense of alertness reveals he is aware of the intruder.

The team name appears below: Death Before Breakfast.

A clipart masterpiece

https://ibb.co/SVDf6dx
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
I'm looking for something a bit Carravaggio, a bit Tracey Emin, (watercolours or pastels preferably), for my Clan Moulder team.

No timewasters please - I asked some chancer on Fiverr to do it and she told me she needed a budget, as if the reward of making me a logo wasn't enough.

This brief is certainly one to challenge the great masters. Seeking a balance between Caravaggio's Tenebrism and watercolours or pastels. Adding in Emin's autobiographial style but only in a two dimensional form.

You can start with something like this:

https://ibb.co/6YTzVJH that tried to bring the eye Carravagio style from the deeper tones on the figures to the ligher foreground. But how to bring in the mixed media confessional work of Emin is a blank
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an interesting piece C0ddlefish...but not quite what I'm looking for.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing are you saying you don't want a pile of layered clip art stinking out your team?

Grumpy will be....well grumpy!

Was the sausage not prominent enough?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 22:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Well, I could use a logo and I'm willing to donate to get it. So, if anyone's willing to give it a go, let me paint the scene...

C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

....and that shows the difference between an amateur abusing clipart/Google and a clearly professional artist.

I think he might want a more prominent sausage though...
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2020 - 03:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

@C0ddlefish
The best part is I didn't see your logo till after i finished mine! Great minds really.
 Jump to: