20 coaches online • Server time: 07:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gamu

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a double on this guy, but I really have problems with that.

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12968824

Had it been a normal skill, i would have given him leap, or strip ball, and that's it.

But now i'm thinking about different aproaches.

Very long legs and after that pass block? i have already a pass blocker with ag5, with with very long legs it would be a nightmare to safethrowers.

disturbing presence and after that pass block? Not so good for interception, but better to force mistakes, but only one against elves still would not be much to stop them catching the ball.

I might choose guard, which would be useful against all teams, not only passing teams. But with wrestle and horns, the one to blitz the ball carrier is supposed to be him...

Any suggestions?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think building for Pass Block is a good idea.

Guard or Two Heads IMO - with Two Heads he dodges with AG 6, and that's pretty magical.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Arthur, then it would be guard, because to enter a cage is better to have leap than ag6, and I was planning to give him leap sometime in the future. It's also good to be able to leap over the LOS. I suppose I can make my str3 oneturner and this guy work in pairs to sack the ball carrier.

Spelldaren, mighty blow would be better than claw most of the time, but i already have 2 clau+mighty blow, and a third mighty blower.

More suggestions?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Two Heads, Big Hand or NoS

spinball

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on how you wish to utilize your player.

Passing skill wise the only one that makes sense to me is dump off. With 5 ag, and the other gutters you have he would be a nightmare with the ball.

Strength skill wise Guard and Mighty Blow could be used. Guard if you want someone that can get into difficult places and give assists. Mighty Blow for the occasion for rolling doubles onces again and combining it with Claw then either tackle or frenzy. Less likely and appealing, but usable.

Mutations Big Hand, Claw, Prehensile Tail and Two Heads.
Big Hand becomes a nightmare to defend against you going into many tackle zones (especially with leap later) and coming away with the ball. Claw (see MB). Prehensile tail, if you are planning on getting diving tackle and side step this could be a real pain. Two Heads, makes those dodges insanely easy even in 2 zones.
gamu

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment it seems that guard is the best idea, maybe 2 heads or nerves of steel too.

Big hand would be good, but i never had problems to pick up lose balls. However, big hand+leap and then dodge away and pass for a quick touchdown might be very good.

with wrestle and horns already, i think i can discard the sidestep/prehensile tail/ diving tackle combo for him.

Dilema : make him a star on his own or improve the team with a ma9 ag5 guard guy.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Guard (then Leap and Tackle/Side Step) or Leap (then Side Step and Tackle).
If you plan to use him as sacker, Leap is better.
If you skip Leap now and take Guard, you will lack Side Step or Tackle eventually.
Guard is nice if you have another Leap GR to jump into cage and blitz the ball carrier, although most of times there are at least 2 Guards protecting him.
I'd take Leap to use fully the AG 5.
gamu

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattdaka, in that team i have another AG5 gutter, with block and pass block, that was going to be the man marker with side step and shadowing and tackle/prehensile tail eventually. I might also give that other gutter runner leap, tackle, and side step.

But i agree in the short term leap is better combo with wrestle and horns. A str2 wrestler will not make a good use of guard in defense, and he might be blocked to death if I use him like this.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block sucks. If you want to make a man-marker, Diving Tackle is better, although an AG 5 GR is too valuable to be used as man-marker.
gamu

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

of my 4 Gutter runners, two have AG5, one is ma10 str3, and the third is the only one without valuable stat increases.

Pass block is not the best asset for the team, but can help in the mirror match or against elves other than high elves.

I put leap on the GR, and i will do the same to the other AG5 GR when i can. The man marker will be the fourth GR then, that already has block and side step.
 Jump to: