39 coaches online • Server time: 01:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CoachBuck

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a newer player and am preparing the dive into mid TV. 1400+. As I've been reading about progressing my teams all I'm seeing is a bunch of stuff saying essentially, "Prepare for death! Killer Chaos is waiting to end you! Whahahaha!" The issue is most of those comments are from prior to the ClawPOMB rule changes. I'm curious if this is all still the case. Does ClawPOMB, super Chaos reign supreme in the bash world mid TV and up? I feel like this guy Shocked as I consider the fate of my teams moving forward.
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mid tv is fine. You will get a large variety of teams, and even 'killer' teams aren't really killer at that level.

(Super) High TV chaos/nurgle/chorfs are still killers and tend to dominate tournaments where you get teams at around TV2500.

The Blackbox Tournament has brought in loads of races that you wouldn't have seen much of a while back.

Don't worry about pixels and play Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With new PO killer Chaos is way less killy, don't worry.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, honestly, even at peak: they get a smattering of Claw, but have a lot of AV8, and you're gonna have more Mighty Blow. Post-LRB6 bashing is about teamwork, and sniping is less effective than it used to be (though you still may suffer from it from time to time: ClawMB is a lot better than nothing).

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I play a ton of Av7 races so face the equivalent of Claw at all times and teams with Mighty Blow/Tackle on several players can get the occasional game that mangles the team, but in general I find that its a lot of worry for the potential game that can't be won due to hot damage dice. Only that game rarely happens and all that pixel hugging was a little extra worry that was pretty unnecessary.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Most AV7 races have the speed to play down menz. Amazons and Norse are the notable exception, but basically Zons are a bash team for whom Tackle is the new Claw, and Norse ... uh, they're Norse. Orcs have to deal with expensive, mission-critical, hard-to-rebuild players who are now functionally 4427. Big difference.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The rebuild taking longer on Bobs and so on are the more concerning part of facing claw as the bash teams. Still, that game happens a lot less frequently than feared.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2020 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs and dorfs are fine.

5+8+8+ without PO is a sub 10% play. Dorfs have it slightly better in someways due to thick skull, but slightly worse in others being ma4-ma6 meaning stuns are worse en mass. But in general you will not be losing players at the rate you would in CRP (being left with 6 orcs/dorfs after h1 was common then). Reasonable team management coupled with a bench at appropriate TVs should see you able to hold your own.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2020 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

People don’t even select piling on. Claw is still a pain of course. And no piling on may mean a team has more guard. But it makes it less about just maximizing blocks early in a match.