35 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
An indeterminable amount
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
Would he chuck wood even if he could?
79%
 79%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 78

Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help Endzone. If anyone wants to jump in and review the games posted before I get there then please feel free. I know there are lots of people on this site who can give excellent advice.
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I take a different route here since there are way to much I need help with regarding gameplay and such so....

I wanna build a khemriteam around Bob Bifford for a table top tournament, and it will be the same rules as world cup. 1100 TW and 170 K extra for skills etc etc.

How would you do it? (I know you would not but since I browsing for a Bob mini, I will use him but I dont know what are the least bad setup)

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I might be missing something here. I know Bob Bifford is the commentator ogre but I'm not aware of any stats of him and although you could obviouisly just call an ogre Bob, Khemri can't have an ogre so I'm a bit stuck. Help me help you.

Bloodfeast wrote:
Ok, I take a different route here since there are way to much I need help with regarding gameplay and such so....

I wanna build a khemriteam around Bob Bifford for a table top tournament, and it will be the same rules as world cup. 1100 TW and 170 K extra for skills etc etc.

How would you do it? (I know you would not but since I browsing for a Bob mini, I will use him but I dont know what are the least bad setup)
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

https://warofsigmarus.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture1/4329/79027734_1481674815320334_1820351158888169472_n.jpg

And I mean Tilean Cup rules Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Love this thread, good job Malmir! I didn't have any witty humorous questions so I'll just have to contend with a proper one:

I have a +AG Block Sure Hands Hobgoblin that I use as a ball carrier on my CDs. I feel that there are no really great normal skill options left on him so am considering Kick if he should roll a normal skill, as I don't have a Kicker. Is there any normal skill that you would see as really valuable on him instead?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick off return.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't be unlucky on the roll! +Stat or double for dodge please Nuffle!
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Malmir,

Y U NO SNEAKY GIT?

You rock when you roll,

t

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kzarik, Endzone. Some of that fouling is because I'm guilty of pixel hugging - I figured a necro team would probably be gangfouling me off the pitch, and sent-off players can't get hurt. Didn't work so well here with a Witch Elf still dying Sad There's either a point here about the meta of preserving a team for future games, or that I should be playing the game to win, not just to survive for the next game that they're going to die in...

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 08:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get your good players hit for no reason but at the same time use them to their best/most aggressive when necessary until they die.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Cushtie,
Bear in mind that a good way to protect your best players is to still have your lesser players on the pitch!
Bartimaeus

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How does a proper offense look like on a Lizard team?
VS bash and non bash

On my last game vs HE when I caged with 4 Saurus I was too afraid to base my other Saurii with his players or I give him a 2d block, and when I didn't I felt like I'm just blitzing once per turn and barely gain any ground nor grind his team. I feel like I'm not using my team's strengths.
Also about the running game. A new lizard team has only 4 Skinks, if I send them into positions where they can score they'll just get blitzed and die, when do I send them out into scoring range?
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bartimaeus, it doesn't look like you have played a game here yet - I hope you enjoy it.

Lizardman teams have two great strengths:
- seven ST4+ players
- a fast team

...and two great weaknesses:
- AG1 on the ST4+ players
- ST2 on your only AG 3 players

This means your ball carrier is generally a skink - fast but vulnerable.

On offense against bash teams you hide your skings behind your solid wall of high ST, high AV players. You are not expecting to win the casualty war, but if your seven strong players can tie down the opposition the speed of your team should tell and you should be able to outflank your opponent.

On offense against non bash teams is trickier because agile players (particularly wardancers) are difficult to protect your ball carrier against. You have to position well, give lots of cover, and use your strong players to tie the opponent down and screen your cage.

Here is an example of each:
v Dark Elves https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3679547
v Dwarves https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3574815

Notice how hard it is for the dwarves in this match up. The lizards have so much more strength and speed. As long as the skinks are kept safe.
Bartimaeus

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't made the commitment yet to start playing here, but I'm getting there.

I'm a very novice coach, doing my third season of my first online cup(On BB2). This is where the best of the best are, so I come here to learn and when I feel like I'm good enough I'll try my hand and start playing on FUMBBL. I've only got like 20 games vs non-AI so I'm still not confident enough.

Thank you very much! I'll look at those games and try to learn as much as possible.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Bartimaeus wrote:
I haven't made the commitment yet to start playing here, but I'm getting there.

I'm a very novice coach, doing my third season of my first online cup(On BB2). This is where the best of the best are, so I come here to learn and when I feel like I'm good enough I'll try my hand and start playing on FUMBBL. I've only got like 20 games vs non-AI so I'm still not confident enough.

Thank you very much! I'll look at those games and try to learn as much as possible.

Honestly try the 145 Club - https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=3180

Specifically designed for newcomers to help learn the game with like minded souls, plus some site experts to lend advice
 Jump to: