59 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look at the Prominent Vegans: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=927122

I don't really want to retire them, but they're down two Warriors, and I'm trying to plan out how to build them so they don't keep getting wrecked.

I had a minor epiphany this week when I saw a guy lamenting that his BB2 team with 8 Mighty Blow players couldn't hurt anyone - up to now I'd been thinking about building a team of killers, when it's probably more sensible to have 1 or 2 MB+Claw types and use the rest for other functions.

Should I be aiming to get lots of Block on the Beastmen? 8 Block beasts makes it look like slightly more aggressive Norse (but that's also what, 160k of TV). Or is it 4 Block Beastmen to build a cage, 3 Block & Guard Warriors, a Block /Mighty Blow / Claw guy to try for some removal work, one dedicated ball carrier and a few rookies to sit on the line and get hit? That would out the team at a bit under 1300 TV - a reasonable sweet spot?

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2020 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

you have a few traditional routes with CWs:

Block-Guard-MB-Claw-SF-X
Block-MB-Claw-Guard-SF-X
Block-MB-Guard-Claw-SF-X

If you make them killy then the goats need to carry guard. If you go guarding earlier then the goats can simply be killers and utility.

Standard chaos goat progression is one going mb-claw-block etc, one going block-tackle-mb-claw etc, and whoever rolls +ma or +ag becomes the ballcarrier.

Chaos don't sweetspot low.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2020 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Block, MB, Claw, Guard, Tackle on Chosen, in that order, and I skip double in order to get the core skills sooner.

On Beastmen:

1 ball carrier ideally with some stat boosts (MA 7 and/or AG 4) Block, Sure Hands, Two Heads, Tackle.

1 killer with Block, MB, Claw, Tackle;

the rest support: Block, Guard (to protect the Chosen from other killers and to help in the blocking), MB, Claw, Tackle;

Optional: 1 Safety Wrestle Tackle Two Heads;

Up to 3 fodder rookie Beastmen to place on LOS.
 Jump to: