47 coaches online • Server time: 00:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
astrolay

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

IS there a place to talk about locked teams? playing treemen right now. and besides the fact you need either a mv+ or a str+ or and agi + on the pixies to make up for the root. as it is way worse then the bone head on ogres. special side player legendary cheerleader or something that lets you after they root to reroll it. call em gardener or something. yes I see they are stronger but when 5 out of 6 players on turn 2 are rooted first and second half 38% win rate seems like some people got lucky to me. 4 games in I still yet to score. yes I trying to toss those pixies. no it not working and picking up is just not happening. tier 4 team more like. why not try to up up to actual tier 3 with some improvements?? made to be bad on purpose? seems counter productive. shrug.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If a Treeman takes root you could try to rr it and stop activating other ones for that turn.
That way is impossible to have 5 Treemen on 6 Rooted on turn 2.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably the place

They don't look great but some seem to have had some success.

On this chart they are running at 35%.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Activate players only if you must. If you do it to make just one step - don't.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

So firstly - treemen teams are definiately better than Ogre (pre their recent Ogre Spike magazine team changes, post changes i think is more up for debate) teams for a number of reasons -
First of all Strength 6 on all your Big Guys (more 3 dice blocks), and Av10 much less likely to suffer armour breaks - Ogres 16.7% to treemen 8.3%
Treemen have Stand Firm.
Faster Titchy players Ma6 and 1 higher Av (Av6)
Better at Throw Team Mate - Ogres need a 3+ otherwise they fumble, treemen 2+
cheaper big guys, Ogresd 140k, treemen 120k which in all likelyhood makes your starting roster

7 Spites
6 Treemen
2 Re-rolls
Total = 1000k

This is a much more comfortable starting position than ogre teams find them self in.

The negatives of treemen take root and Ma 2 on the treemen. Take Root is worse than Bone Head for sure, and learning to be good with treemen you need to take this in to account. Also Ma2 while slow is no longer the problem it once was when the treemen are knocked over.

Regarding Throw Team mate - You are doing this too often. As a pretty good Stunty team player I never throw team mate unless I absolutely have to, and there is literally no other option to score, or stop a TD. You should be trying to run the ball in to the end zone just like you would any other team. TTM is a big risk both in terms of losing the ball, and injuring your own player.

You mention 5 treemen rooting by turn 2, this indicates to me that you are moving them far too often. Your greatest strength is a line of 6 St6 spanning the width of the pitch. Sure you should block with the treemen, but you do not have to move them, it is often advantageous to leave them standing in their spot. Especially if you have already used a re-roll in your turn or you are not willing to spend a rr should you fail a take root.

They have played 600 games+ so far and have a win percentage of 38% overall, 35% in this edition. This is a little higher than expected, and they are certainly a tier 3 team.

I would also recommend you watch some good coaches to see how they approach the team. This is a good example of a well coached treemen team - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=872475

They have a win percetange of 44.6% over the course of 70 games. (FYI these are not included in the win percentage I mentioned before as they play in competative league that uses a different group ID)

As for them being made bad on purpose, to some extent that is true, the team was designed as a tier 3 team and they have hit their design goal (actually performing ever so slightly above). This is the same design prinicpal as the official rosters that are designed with tiers 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 in mind.

So I hope you take this feedback in the friendly manner it is intended Smile and I hope you analyse your performances as I can gaurentee you could have done a lot different in your games so far to get more out of the team.