39 coaches online • Server time: 01:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
akuku88

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,
I was wondering, since we got quite a few new positionals in Blood Bowl (2016) edition, such as chameleon skinks and runt punter, and an actual new official roster in form of Snotlings, what is the chance we'll get MORE official new rosters?

There is a number of teams (such as: sea/pirate elves, fishmen, fimir(?)) referred to in Spike! magazine, to which I have no access. Are there any potential rosters in the magazine that are more accented, and could be possibly introduced into the official list?

Also, apart from what could possibly be introduced, what new introduction would be the most welcomed by the general BB community?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can't speak for the general BB community, but if it's true that Snotlings closely resemble FUMBBLs Secret League snotlings, I'd love to see Sea Elves inducted into officaldom along the same lines, based on Secret League Sea Elves.

I'd also like to see Chaos Chosen renamed to Khorne and the Slaanesh and Tzeentch teams from Secret League included but I think the odds of that are pretty much nil.

Those are all rosters that are based on factions GW might like to promote, which occupy really fun and otherwise underexplored niches in the design space. But I think a lot of rosters that might be made (like Fimir) are connected to factions and fluff that GW isn't interested in promoting.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would welcome balance changes of the current official rosters before adding new ones.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi MattDakka, I'm always interested in when some of the bigger players on here make suggestions like that. What sort of balances would you propose?
akuku88

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
if it's true that Snotlings closely resemble FUMBBLs Secret League snotlings, I'd love to see Sea Elves inducted into officaldom along the same lines, based on Secret League Sea Elves.

Based on Spike journals, Se Elves sounds like something that could be added indeed.

Too bad the whole release plan of new teams might be seriously screwed by the pandemic.
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping next batch of teams will have more 'stronger' rosters added to the mix:
New shiny thing has a cool factor that can draw new coach to the game, but - if the team he purchases is one of the challenging ones ( to coach) people can lose interest fast.
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that they could really copy and paste large part of the work done by Garion and CIBBL guys here on the site.
My preference would go absolutely on other chaos-themed rosters, i.e. khorne, tzeentch and slaanesh and possibly their demoniac counterparts.
 Jump to: