49 coaches online • Server time: 19:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 06, 2020 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Disclaimer: This is just a personal project which I have decided to share with the Fumbbl community to do with as they please, not an attempt to change the existing fluff.

Introduction.

I posted a thread about this topic a couple of years ago, but it was messy, bloated and all over the place so I have really thought about it and I am much happier with this result. I will add the state updates as and when I can and feel free to leave your comments and ideas below.

When GW blew up the Old World I saw it as an opportunity to create my own fluff. I never thought the idea of two parallel Old Worlds, one conventional where warfare settled arguments and one where Blood Bowl did, worked very well so the first decision I made was to ditch the Old World and create a new one. Fortunately that had already been done for me on the first line of p2 of my original Blood Bowl hand book:

‘It all began long, long ago, in the ancient land of Amorica.’

I then decided to make my world a one continent affair as Europe had been pretty well covered by the Old World, and North America had every type of climate and geography I wanted or needed. This saved me another job, as I just used the real geography and climates of America and Canada for Amorica.

With this general overview in place I could have some fun in creating new teams and developing states to build up the story of my continent.

I also wanted a very NFL style to my teams with a place name followed by a nickname and this is what I came up with, however some teams I just couldn't make fit and so I replaced these with famous GW teams which had no direct link to a specific NFL team such as the Champions of Death.

Team / Race / State

NFC

North:

Shikaakwa Bears / Human / Ill Noises
(Shikaakwa is the old Indian name for Chicago)

Mnisota Vikings / Norse /
(Mnisota is the old Indian name for Minnesota)

Green Bay Food Packers / Halfling /

Underworld Creepers / Underworld Denizens /

East:

Karak Urbaz Giants / Dwarf /
(Karak Urbaz means the mountain of trading, which I thought was appropriate for New York)

Woshton Deadskins / Necromantic Horror /

F'ila Delphia Eagles / Elven Union /

Darkside Cowboys / Dark Elf /

South:

Tempest Sea Buccaneers / Pirates of Sartosa / Orrida

New Orcleens Voodoo / Savage Orc / Lowzy Bamma

Athel Sethai Falcons / Wood Elf / Goreger
(Athel Sethai means forest of flight because Atlanta has a massive airport)

Gouged Eye / Orc /

West:

Si’ahl Seahawks / Sea Elf /
(Si'ahl is the old Indian name for Seattle)

Barak Varr 49ers / Dwarf /
(Barak Varr is a coastal Dwarven port, and with San Francisco being founded because of a gold rush = miners = Dwarfs I decided to combine the two)

Chaos All Stars / Chaos Pact /

Bright Crusaders / Human /

AFC

North:

Peaksblight Stealers / Night Goblin /

Cleaveland Brownfurs / Skaven /

Baltic Moor Skavens / Skaven /

Champions of Death / Shambling Undead /

East:

Karak Urbaz Warhammers / Dwarf Engineer /
(If the Giants were Karak Urbaz then the Jets must be too, however Jets don't fit the lore so I found the most mechanical thing there is, the Warhammers and their machineries of destruction)

Shawmut Skinrots / Nurgle /
(Shawmut is the old Indian name for Boston)

Maim Eye Hurricanes / Air Elemental /

Mannahata Marauders / Human /

South:

Hoofton Longhorns / Beastman /

Jlaxonkill Jaguars / Amazon / Orrida

Tenny See Titans / Goblin / Tennysee

Galvistan Gladiators / High Elf /

West:

Gorkas City Chieftans / Orc / Misery

Orcland Raiders / Orc /

Death Valley Guardians / Tomb Kings / Never Day

Har Sarious Pleasureseekers / Dark Elf / Never Day

Ill Noises

Ill Noises is a state in the midwestern region of Amorica, named after the unusual sounds created by the thunderous winds that fly in over Lake Medicine Man. Shikaakwa in the northeast is the major industrial city, the rest of the state being dominated by great agricultural productivity.

Shikaakwa, and the adjoining forests into which the metropolis is expanding, is a cosmopolitan city, densely populated, industrialized and settled by a wide variety of races. Shikaakwa is sometimes referred to as the ‘Windy City’ due to the strong, cold winds that come over Lake Mischief Man and constantly batter both it and its inhabitants.

The Shikaakwa Bears originally started out as an amateur side for the local timber concern, Hallas Lumber Ltd (of “we fell it and sell it !” ad fame), and soon become the dominant team in the area, due in part to hiring all of the biggest, meanest and maddest men in the area and giving them cushy jobs at the lumber yard so they could concentrate full time on football. The team developed a hard-nosed running style as they found it was hard to throw the ball with hands covered in tree sap (however it was excellent for avoiding fumbles until outlawed by the NAF in 2481). Mr Hallas finally decided to go pro with his team in 2419 and took the name The Bears from the ferocious local grizzly bears that stalked the forests and were his lumberjack’s biggest fear.

Famous Teams:

Shikaakwa Bears (Human)

Lowzy Bamma

Lowzy Bamma is a state located in the southern region of Amorica. It is so named because it is similar to Whamma Bamma but a bit crappier in every respect.

Much of the state's lands are enormous deltas and vast areas of coastal marsh and swamp, which are perfect breeding grounds for the many species of rare and unique hallucinogenic toads and mushrooms.

New Orcleens was founded next to a swamp with some exceedingly rare and potent toads in it which has given it a few unique characteristics. There are a disproportionate number of shamans in the settlement who use the toads and other plants to control and channel the Waaagh! through a process called Voodoo. Once a year the entire clan comes together for a massive voodoo ceremony called Morky Gork which is a riot of colour, noise and, well, rioting as frenzied drugged up savage orcs look for something to eat or kill.

Famous Teams:

New Orcleans Voodoo (Savage Orc)

Never Day

Never Day is a state in western Amorica and is entirely covered by the Mojo Desert. Never Day is the driest state in Amorica, most parts receiving no precipitation during the year. Nothing can survive on the surface of this natural oven, perfect therefore for the Dark Elves and Tomb Kings to have their greatest of cities, Har Sarius and Death Valley respectively, deep in the cold dark natural caverns underground.

Har Sarius is bathed in a dark gloom, and the caves shine in sickly coloured lights from the warpstone that litters the caves. Known as the "city of despair" throughout Amorica, it is where the desperate come to risk their lives in the gaming pits, where souls are gambled in exchange for fabulous riches. Anyone caught trying to escape without settling their debts are hung from the walls, their limp bodies enchanted to live out their last few hours on this earth forever inside the dark walls of a city full of thieves, murderers and other predators.

And what better sport to gamble on than Blood Bowl? The Har Sarius Pleasureseekers are the premier team under the desert, but be advised before you gamble away your last gold coin, the best team doesn’t always win!

Death Valley is the opposite to Har Sarius, cold, dark and airless. Here the ancient Kings wait for their next challenge on the pitch and only the brave or foolhardy ever venture through the gates to descend into the burial chambers beneath the sands.

Famous Teams:

Har Sarius Pleasureseekers (Dark Elf)
Death Valley Guardians (Tomb Kings)

Orrida

Orrida is the hot, humid and wet south-eastern corner of Amorica, an area of thick jungle and treacherous swamps. It is plagued by thunderstorms, hurricanes and lightning as well as biting insects and disease.

Due to the climate and geological features Orrida is largely unsettled by humans, dwarves or elves making it a haven for some of the more unusual races in Amorica, and boy does that make for some exciting Blood Bowl.

The northern part of the state is covered in a dense jungle which hides many different races, however on the West coast is the pirate stronghold of Tempest Bay, and on the East coast is the amazon settlement at Jlaxonkill.

The southern part of the state is largely a giant swamp that is uninhabited, fetid and dangerous. It is also where most of the hurricanes, tornadoes and water-spouts are found due to the air elemental settlement of Maim Eye where the financially astute treeman Oak Lee has made a killing by selling goggles to keep the constantly swirling dirt and grit out of peoples eyes.

Famous Teams:

Jlaxonkill Jaguars (Amazon)
Tempest Bay Buccaneers (Pirates of Sartosa)
Maim Eye Hurricanes (Air Elemental)

Tenny See

Tenny See is a great shadowy wasteland located north of Whamma Bamma in Amorica. In the West it is a vast plain dotted with hills, dead trees and fissures, and in the East the landscape is dominated by the Appallin Mountain range. All manner of beasts, natural and unnatural, roam and kill and consume anything they can catch in these harsh lands.

The Goblins who inhabit this region are from the weakest tribes who have been pushed north out of the much more hospitable lands of Whamma Bamma. It is also home to a great many Trolls who find the weaker and stupider Goblins much easier to catch and eat. And yet even here the great game of Blood Bowl flourishes.

The main settlement here is Lynchem Burg, home of the famous Goblin moonshiner Jakk Nonailz (they dissolve when he uses his feet to test the readiness of his grog) and even has a team, the Tenny See Titanz, who might have a chance against the opposition if it wasn’t for the fact that the players get paid in moonshine. However due to this fact the team has almost become a tourist attraction, with people, things, whatever coming from all over to sample this famous drink and take in a game.

Famous teams:

Tenny See Titans (Goblin)

Goregia

Goregia is a state located in the southeastern region of Amorica. Goregia is defined by it's massive pine forest, which covers the entirity of the state, and the creatures that live within it, namely Wood Elves at Athel Sethai which is also the only noteable settlement as well as millions of birds which make the skies of Goregia some of the busiest in Amorica.

Famous Teams:

Athel Sethai Falcons (Wood Elf)
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2020 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT:

State of Goregia added.
 Jump to: