37 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Double on +AG DE Blitzer?
Mighty Blow
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Guard
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
Leap
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

PKBardo

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie of Chilladelphia has rolled a double. It's the first double on the team. This plucky Blitzer already has +AG. Normally, I'd do MB no question on the first DE Blitzer, but I worry that +AG changes things. What do you think? Stick with MB? Guard more useful with his mobility? Go Leap and continue down the +AG path? Something else cool I haven't thought of?
Loew

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still go MB -> Tackle -> Leap

But Leap -> Tackle or SureHands is very good, too. Leap with AG 5 is great not just for blitzing the ball carrier, but also ball retrieving in an crowded environment or that last turn mad dash trough several tackle zones to the endzone.

While DEs really profit from Guard, I wouldn't want it on the most expensive player that is also most likely to be roving around.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is winning, so is leap.

I'd take guard.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mightyblow if you dont have any yet, since it is so game changing, if you have mighty blow, nothing wrong with guard or leap, especially on an ag5
Joost

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think guard, it opens up a lot of possibilities/ but I am by no means good with elves so take with a grain of salt.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard would be the top choice for me unless I lacked MB and even then I'd probably lean guard.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow on AG5 is better in the early team development. Guard is a better skill for this player on a more developed team, but only because it's okay if you get him killed. At 1470k I'd want to get him MB and Tackle before Leap. Neither MB nor Guard is wrong.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with the double. Whether you take guard or mb is marginal.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

guard then leap for a movable guard, or Mb and tackle and leap for a movable blitzer, but on that team I'd pick the guard, since you'll need them imo, next double can always be MB on a blitzer

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Same as Natchogen, and on a +1 Agility, I'd prefer leap guard.

But don't listen too much to me, I got a slann team, so I might like leap too much. ;--)
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 08, 2020 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard plus leap is joyous. Get yourself a second leaper and put tackle on him, and revel in the 2d cage diving!

(Or get used to rolling lots of ones and falling on your face)

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think leap.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, cheers/nods for not just elfballing

The tricky part about this is that Dark Elves are so slow compared to other Elves so they end up having to fight through roadblocks that other elves just dance around ..so guard comes in handy and you can never have enough.
At the same time, you still need a hitter (Mighty Blow) to take out their ball carrier but your blitzers need to do so much (do you want to just make them one dimensional) ..I think its better to just let a Lino do that
AG5 Leap is a game changer, plain and simple ..plus youre on a mission with him anyway and your team is built to feature him so i would skip the double

Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not Guard or Leap. It's Guard then Leap. Hey presto you can now dodge and leap an assist almost at will into any cage you want to.

DLE College 7s
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
It's not Guard or Leap. It's Guard then Leap. Hey presto you can now dodge and leap an assist almost at will into any cage you want to.

I would be careful to not put too much weight into that strategy ..on paper it makes sense but in game play, there is so much going on that you rarely have the re rolls and built in re rolls let alone men ..to pull it off

Leap then strip is a more functional imho

Jump to: