33 coaches online • Server time: 08:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TMS

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I'm gearing up to play some games on fumbbl with my vampires. The vampire guide on this site (https://fumbbl.com/help:VampireStrategy) mentions a "difference from boardgame file" but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it still a thing?

Cheers!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It is still a thing. Differences as well as bugs within the game client make playing vampires here have a bit of a learning curve. Due to this vampires are not the best race to start w/ here on fumbbl. Unfortunately I was not able to find the file either.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, that is wildly out of date, as is nightbird's reply.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your replies. I suspected that the guide was old but I assume the differences might still be there. ArrestedDevelopment, do you know more about this?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The only difference I'm aware of, and I may be wrong, is not being able to use a TRR for pro.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

One difference could be that in the FUMBBL client you have to move a Vampire at least 1 square before discovering whether he failed the Blood Lust or not, while on tabletop you roll the Blood Lust test immediately after you declare an Action but before moving the Vampire.
TMS

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt, that is definitely a difference. How does it work when blocking - bloodlust rolled before the block is done, as normal? Is it still possible to turn a block action into a move due to bloodlust?

So are the issues in the guide corrected by now? I can't score a TD with a bloodlusted vamp without biting a thrall? Hypnotic gaze doesn't cost 1MV to use? And can I now use hypnotic gaze even during a bloodlusted move?

I guess there's no gathered place with differences between fumbbl and tabletop any more, then?

Thanks again!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When you click on Block Action the Blood Lust test is rolled before the block is done.

Yes you can turn the Block into Move Action.

You can't score a TD with a bloodlusted Vampire without biting a Thrall, and you can't in tabletop either.

Hypnotic Gaze doesn't cost 1 MA and yes you can use the Gaze even if you fail the Blood Lust test.

Anyway, you could use the Client Test Mode:

https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

Follow the instructions, launch the client and use a Vampire team, you can do all the tests you want there.
Smile
TMS

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That's excellent, thanks Matt!

I come from tabletop BB gaming and I'm glad they've ironed out those bugs from the time of that guide. I was preparing on screwing myself over if there were going to be major differences like that but it sounds like it'll be a lot smoother. Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 09, 2020 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! Smile
 Jump to: