76 coaches online • Server time: 21:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frowny

Post   Posted: May 13, 2020 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We've all been there. A single bad decision and some bad luck in the first half leaves a few players injured and you hopelessly behind. Down 3-0 and playing 8 players vs 11, I find sometimes the 2nd half of the game can be especially punishing, especially for a new team, as they sit on the ball and block my players into the ground. And then I suffer more injuries, hurting my odds in future games. It also kills my enjoyment of the game, as my opponent wins more with no recourse for me at all. At that point it isn't really a game, just a one sided beating

Now obviously I'll work on my play to avoid the situation, but I will invariably make mistakes again and it will happen again.

Once I'm in these kinds of horrible situations, Does anybody have strategies on not getting injured? Staying on the ground seems like a thing I should do more of. Any others? Concessions are sometimes reasonable, but then you don't earn SPP or money, which makes it hard to get a new team going.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2020 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave your players on the pitch without standing them up and skip turns.
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 13, 2020 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a few decisions that lead to this kind of situations. Attrition management is important for every team, does not matter that you are dorfs, if you receive more punches than your oponent, then you will get hurt, it happens.
Something I have seen people do a lot is, as jimmy fantastic calls it, "Herp Derp Base Base Base", basically base all mens. There is a place and time for herp derping,but it should not be done for no reason, it can leave you both bruised and out of position.

Leaving players down is a good tactic, some players are already a nuisance laying down, as they take space; they can be relevant later and deny 8 squares to a ball carrier.

If things are looking too grim, skip turns and keep people down, no shame in that.

Blood bowl does have a tendency to snowball sometimes, unfortunately it happens, but that is ok, next game could be better, then again, it might not, such is the nature of Nuffle's love
petalwarfare

Post   Posted: May 13, 2020 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What Matt said, but there is a chance for foul. What i think is you have to decide early if you are team preservation. If so commit to it you can't half ass it. Either run away or stay down. Play dead like an opossum and hope they are nice about it.
 Jump to: