17 coaches online • Server time: 06:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nedlam

Post   Posted: May 26, 2020 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I learnt how to create a tournament and I have made a few, but always with no divisions.

Now (fortunatly) we've grown and we are more to play so I wanted to play two divisions, can anyone explain how to set it up in tournament?

Another question would be how to make Playoffs between those two divisions when the tournament has ended. I know I have to create another tournament with the teams that will play the Playoffs, but in the new tournament they play against each other randomly, and I wanted to play each team of each division agains other team from the other division.

Thanks for your answers.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 26, 2020 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Create a tournament for each division. When you start each tournament, you have the option to select only the teams for that tournament.

For the playoffs, you create yet another tournament. Again, only add the teams that have qualified for that tournament.

If your playoffs are a knockout tournament, you can seed the playoffs. On the group home page, 'edit group info'. Set 'score' on.
On the teams page, award playoff teams points so that they are ordered highest to lowest.
When you start the tournament set the seeding to "group score"

Look at this one

Good luck

Post   Posted: May 26, 2020 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thousand of thanks, koadah, for your answer
koadah

Post   Posted: May 26, 2020 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nedlam wrote:
Thousand of thanks, koadah, for your answer

Welcome to the Guild of Commissioners. Smile

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I go on further... how can I write descriptions and so on in the "information" section of the group.

I mean, I want to write there some things like:

- Most scorer: XXXXXX.
- Most wouder: XXXXX.
- Most passer: XXXXX.

And if there is a way to set it nice, it would be better.

I have found a section that says that you can write there HTML code (what I don't know, but I can learn a little bit to put things cool) but when I write the code there, it doesn't set it in HTML, it appears as I wrote it (I add the link here so you can see it... https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12183).

And how can you link there to players or teams (I mean, if I say there that maximun scorer is team XXXX, it would be nice that XXXX would link directly to the team).

Thanks in advance.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nedlam wrote:
I go on further... how can I write descriptions and so on in the "information" section of the group.

I mean, I want to write there some things like:

- Most scorer: XXXXXX.
- Most wouder: XXXXX.
- Most passer: XXXXX.

And if there is a way to set it nice, it would be better.

I have found a section that says that you can write there HTML code (what I don't know, but I can learn a little bit to put things cool) but when I write the code there, it doesn't set it in HTML, it appears as I wrote it (I add the link here so you can see it... https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12183).

And how can you link there to players or teams (I mean, if I say there that maximun scorer is team XXXX, it would be nice that XXXX would link directly to the team).

Thanks in advance.

Oh, dear. It looks as though you have found some old help pages.

HTML is no longer used. You need BBCode

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again, Koadah, I made a few changes, hope people find them cool.
Nedlam

Post   Posted: May 30, 2020 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the requirements of the image you can place as logo in your group? I have set a .jpg, .bmp, .gif and .png image to get it and none of them complied, and all of them had 109x107 pixels.

Can anyone lend me a hand?

Thanks.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 30, 2020 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

PNG should be good.

Images need to be OKed by staff. If staff are busy it may be a while before your image becomes visible.

When you look at your gallery, the image will have a red border if it has not been OKed yet.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I take back this post to ask a new question, wise people...

Can 2 divisiones (2 tournaments) be set to play against their teams and some of the teams of the other division... I explain, I want to create 2 divisions and configure matches between their own division, but add some more matches to increse the total... for example, division 1 play every team against every team and, after that, I want to add, for example, 3 more matches against division 2, and viceversa (but division 2 have more than 3 teams, it would be randomly assigned).

Is it possible, and how?

Thanks in advance.
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

with theses links, you will find what you want.

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/?page=tp%E2%8A%82=topplayers

https://fumbblleaguestats.herokuapp.com/

for best passer, best scorer etc...

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No. You cannot play a team outside of your tournament.

You can create a third tournament when the first two have ended and set the fixtures yourself.

You'll have to track the points yourself though. Maybe using group points.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a look at how DLE does it. We have awesome custom scoring from wreckage and have to set up three tournaments each season. It is complicated but you can make it work.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10068

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick answers again.
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2020 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to create a tournament in Round Robin style, but it only allows a maximum of 20 players, can I avoid that?

We are 22, and we don't want to make divisions.
 Jump to: