58 coaches online • Server time: 19:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
McLovin

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The player in question: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12131869

I'm unsure what skill I should give him. He's become mostly a lose ball retriever who scores cheeky TDs after one of my ball hawks manages to knock a ball loose and he has pretty well everything he needs for that roll already.

I though about mb because that's always handy, but doesn't suit his roll. I also though about skipping the doubles for sprint, but that seems like a bit of a waste. Do I just give his side step for the added protection? But he stays out of base contact as much as possible, so it's not a huge priority...

I'm seriously considering NoS due to his roll as a slippery ball snagger, except it doesn't help with pick ups, which is his main roll, but could help his toss the ball to a waiting player when (if) he manages to scoop up that loose ball and is stuck in a scrum... is there something better that I'm missing?

Diving catch also seems appealing in case he flubs the pick up, then he can try to catch again on the scatter, but I'm not sure...

Thanks for any and all input in advance!

Last edited by McLovin on %b %19, %2020 - %17:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

176 is a longgggg way off
Since you dont have a Thrower, I would just give him pass

McLovin

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:

A thrower is my next purchase actually, but I can't buy one until I choose a skill. Should I take pass to have a highly mobile, agile, back up thrower maybe?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still take guard.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 17:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd give him guard. it will make your ball getting a LOT easier. but if he is the 'sweep it up' guy then sure hands. also for SB defence.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Guard, if you want to go traditional or Pass if you want to go unconventional or Side Step, if you don't want to be surfed.
Joost

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard makes your ball sacking even more of a threat. I’d say guard
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

McLovin wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:

A thrower is my next purchase actually, but I can't buy one until I choose a skill. Should I take pass to have a highly mobile, agile, back up thrower maybe?

Please allow me to share my experience having built so many different styles of players and/or tactical development

Everyone hates 5ag Elves cause they can do anything. The tricky thing about that for the elf coach is the drool factor goes up about 1000% and you player will not only be blitzed as offen as possible, but will get fouled mercilessly (T16 lol)

I would save the guard for 8av and give them a little bit of a chance
Making him your quarterback allows you to SPP pumop chump to him at the start of your drives since he has built in catch ..your 'Thrower will most likely never get that
Eventually a Thrower on your team to give leader first, which gives you a much needed reroll but can make him into a traditional thrower at a much easier pace stepping into a team that already has a solid core
Sure hands, if he had a +ST maybe but are you really going to plod along down the field hoping to hold on to the ball woried about a strip baller ..youre 5ag and have catch so youre kinda likely to just catch it on the scatter anyway lol

Mostly though, youre Elves and they DIE so just have fun with them while you have them
I doubt many of us will carry the same strategic mindset that you have, as each of ours are usually different as well
But, at least youll have some decent feedback to help you with not only him but other skill choices too

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass, farm spp, sure hands. He is better at his scooping roll immediately, and if he lives, he is better at his role as a legend. He also happens to be an excellent QB.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands is best IMO... Pass now and Sure Hands at legend is the highest upside, but it's a long way to Legend and in the mean time Sure Hands seems significantly better than Pass.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

With Pass deep stalling gets easier.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2020 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

For the roll you described, Sure hand seems indeed the best.

But I would still take guard on a double Smile
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2020 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

sure hands is the easy choice for a ball picker-upper in tackle zones. Even with two tacle zones- a re-rollable 3+?

If that's his role, make him better at it.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2020 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Leaping Guards are great. AV7 leaping guard slightly less so. My order of preference would be Guard, Nerves of Steel (helps mostly when on offense) followed Mighty Blow but he would than switch to a secondary blitzer
juck101

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2020 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard.
 Jump to: