19 coaches online • Server time: 02:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on your AG as well as your ST, now.

ST3 Ag5+, (are there any?) BT means you dodge on a 4+ which is worse than it used to be
ST3 Ag4+, Troll slayer etc, BT means you dodge on a 3+ which is the same as it used to be
ST3 Ag3+, Humans etc BT means you dodge on 2+ which is better than previously
ST3 Ag2+ Elves etc BT means you dodge on 1+ which is better than previously

But I can't see it being used much on ST3 players, as they have less access to Strength skills, and +Agility is probably better
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If Leap is worse, maybe taking Break Tackle (which is less expensive than +AG) on an AG 2+ Elf might be worth it.
If leaping is less likely, then let's make dodging more reliable by taking Break Tackle.
Also, Break Tackle can stack with +AG later.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse, humans, orcs, dwarves, chaos, undead (and probably more I missed) - quite a lot of races have faster str3 players with str skill access on normals that could benefit from the improved mobility that BT would give.
Uber

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

They basically turned Break Tackle into Two Heads for players that never took it and made it crap for every player that actually took it. Well done.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
They basically turned Break Tackle into Two Heads for players that never took it and made it crap for every player that actually took it.

Since GW have introduced the new "random skill" system, they have had to make every skill be somewhat valauble to any player. This is most likely why BT, Tentacles, Shadowing etc has changed.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Uber wrote:
They basically turned Break Tackle into Two Heads for players that never took it and made it crap for every player that actually took it.

Since GW have introduced the new "random skill" system, they have had to make every skill be somewhat valauble to any player. This is most likely why BT, Tentacles, Shadowing etc has changed.

But they didn't made every skill valuable to any player. Among the strength skill, you could also get Multiple Block for example. I'd say that there's at least 2-3 useless skills for a given player in each category.

Plus the issue here is precisely that break tackle isn't useful for every player, especially players that actually need it to dodge somewhat reliably. The issue is that break tackle is now more useful to players that already dodge well, and just useful enough (but still worse than before) for some players that already used it (like the Ogres).
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
If you count the pairs as 1, it's 23 star player options
Note even the existing ones have changed somewhat. All stars now have unique rules eg 'once per game' abilities

* The Black Gobbo
Deeproot Strongbranch
Edril Sidewinder
Glart Smashrip
Gloriel Summerbloom
* Grak & Crumbleberry
Gretchen Wächer "The Bloodbowl Widow"
Griff Oberwald
Grim Ironjaw
Hakflem Skuttlespike
Helmut Wulf
Karla Von Kill
Lord Borak the Despoiler
Mighty Zug
Morg 'n' Thorg
Roxanna Darknail
Rumbelow Sheepskin
Skrull Halfheight
Lucien Swift & Valen Swift
Varag Ghoul-Chewer
* Grombrindal, the White Dwarf
Willow Rosebark
Zolcath the Zoat

* New, or they're not in this list https://fumbbl.com/help:Full+list

Interesting, 4 of those stars don't have GW models yet. I wonder if they have them in the works?

I heard that after doing the most famous stars like Zug, Varag, Morg etc then the others were down to the choice of the Forgeworld sculptors. This gave a few choices which were less optimal such as Gloriel and certain teams being Over-represented.

Gretchen Wächer "The Bloodbowl Widow"
Rumbelow Sheepskin
Skrull Halfheight
Zolcath the Zoat

I also wonder if Grak and Crumbleberry will be available for general sale?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:
the issue here is

I never claimed GW was succesful in this.

Btw, learn to multi-block with assists Laughing Twisted Evil

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

With three teams having snotlings and more than half having ST2 stunties, even a random multiblock result could be useful, and this is probably the worst roll for a st 3 players at the strength table.

The strength table is the best table to roll randomly. General could be nice to roll too, specially for stunties taking vital secondary skills at first roll. Random rolls at the AG, mutations and passing tables are awful.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:

Plus the issue here is precisely that break tackle isn't useful for every player, especially players that actually need it to dodge somewhat reliably. The issue is that break tackle is now more useful to players that already dodge well, and just useful enough (but still worse than before) for some players that already used it (like the Ogres).

You could now "dodge" quite reliably with a player without access to the dodge skill, using the new 3+ Pro.
A 3 ST 3+ AG player with break tackle and pro now could dodge into an empty tile with -correct me if I am wrong- 1/6*(1/3+(2/3*1/6)) = 0,0926 failure, less than 1 in ten. Slighty better than a 2D block action without block (1/9) Also, tackle is not useful against it so this is much better than a AG 2+ (1/6) dodge
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It does give some Blitzers a nice bonus to their dodging on a primary skill. Seems like a nice skill especially for Amazon Blitzers, assuming they make it back into the game. There aren't that many str. 3 ag 3 players with strength access on primary, but it could be a nice pick-up for those players.

Then, those blitzers tend to be the critical players for those teams, and have a bunch of skills to choose fun.
Alien_the_Alien

Post 10 Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Alien_the_Alien wrote:
the issue here is

I never claimed GW was succesful in this.

Btw, learn to multi-block with assists Laughing Twisted Evil

Yeah sure, I'm going to waste 3-4 players just so I can multiblock with a ST3 player Razz
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Three are three teams with snotlings now and lots of useful stunties everywhere, so maybe ST3 multiblock is not a total waste now
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Multiblock with enough Guard (Dwarves, Orcs) could work in a ST3 Vs ST3 scrum. But its marginal.
Being the worst skill in the Strength category and still being possibly useful, makes Strength the best category to roll randoms

Also good (as mentioned) is Agility for st2 stunties- goblins, skinks etc. They're also cheap enough to cycle frequently if you get bad rolls
giusecipriani

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

3 teams?

Niessuh wrote:
Three are three teams with snotlings now and lots of useful stunties everywhere, so maybe ST3 multiblock is not a total waste now
 Jump to: