37 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

dabassman

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
What does Pile Driver do again??

Free foul action after the block if it resulted in a knock down
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

dabassman wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:
What does Pile Driver do again??

Free foul action after the block if it resulted in a knock down

Its the new "piling on", but as a free foul that can get you sent off. Because death rollers get sent off at the end of the drive anyway, you might use it around turn 7 or 8, or against a high value target since its pretty nasty.

Oscar Wilde
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

New Sneaky Git rules means no send-off on the armor roll, so there's a combo right there Smile
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

About Pile Drive, I'm confused about this: "this player may inmediately commit a free Foul action against the Knocked Down player"

Does it mean that if you have Pile Driver in more than one player you could use it several times in the same turn (plus the normal Foul action) or just that you could do a Foul Action after the Block action (and you could not do any more, because just one Foul action is possible within one turn)
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As it is written "free", I understand that you may commit as Pile Driver fouls as you want (if not spotted) per turn + 1 classic foul action.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is true, the Black Orc team could be...awesome: Cheap bribes, Grab-Guard(with foul bonus now) or Dirty Player-Pile Driver black orks, Defensive or Sneaky Git goblins, foul foul foul foul...even not using secondary skills.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:
If this is true, the Black Orc team could be...awesome: Cheap bribes, Grab-Guard(with foul bonus now) or Dirty Player-Pile Driver black orks, Defensive or Sneaky Git goblins, foul foul foul foul...even not using secondary skills.

New goal for coaches! How many fouls can you commit in a single turn!

Eleven for the win!!
dabassman

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Niessuh wrote:

New goal for coaches! How many fouls can you commit in a single turn!

Eleven for the win!!

Throw in some swarming, dauntless, pile driver Snotlings and you can do up to 14! Very Happy
mekutata

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially if you play against Snotlings.. can you combine Pile Driver with the Multiple Block?

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When you use Multiple Block, you can't follow up opponent.

And, to use Pile Driver, you have to be in a square adjacent to the opponent's one after the block has been resolved and opponent has been knocked over.

So, only players with Block, Multiple Block and Pile Driver could use your combination when they would block opponents without Block skill. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

or grab!
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yes, could work with Grab too.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

With new skills like 'Pile Driver" and "Arm Bar" I fear the new designers are more wrasslin' fans than football fans. :/

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
With new skills like 'Pile Driver" and "Arm Bar" I fear the new designers are more wrasslin' fans than football fans. :/

That is true. I was thinking the same thing. Rolling Eyes

On a positive note, I am very happy to see that it looks like fouling has been significantly buffed. I hope I have a Sneaky Git saw on my goblin team before the new rules kick in.

Actually, I hope to have a Sneaky Git and a couple of Dirty players on all my teams. Especially if guard can add assists to fouls.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, I think you missed a fair bit of buffs regarding fouling:

When argue the call succeeds on a 6+, you suffer a turnover but now your player stays on the pitch (potentially fouling again next turn).
With a biased referee you can roll a 5+ (120k, or 80k if you have bribery and corruption). As the rules are written, a biased referee can never send off your coach for arguing.
Furthermore, bribery and corruption lets you reroll one 1 on an argue the call/game.
Sneaky git ignores doubles on the armor roll, so your sentoff chance is never worse than 5/36 after argue.
 Jump to: