41 coaches online • Server time: 16:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

dabassman

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Garion, I think you missed a fair bit of buffs regarding fouling:

When argue the call succeeds on a 6+, you suffer a turnover but now your player stays on the pitch (potentially fouling again next turn).
With a biased referee you can roll a 5+ (120k, or 80k if you have bribery and corruption). As the rules are written, a biased referee can never send off your coach for arguing.
Furthermore, bribery and corruption lets you reroll one 1 on an argue the call/game.
Sneaky git ignores doubles on the armor roll, so your sentoff chance is never worse than 5/36 after argue.

Also, you can first argue the call, and then, if that doesn´t succeed, use your bribe. Not sure you could do this before...?
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bribe use really changed.

You can only use one single bribe when a player is sent-off (in BB 2016, you were abble to use a 1st bribe and if you rolled 1, to then use another if you had many).

You're right to say you 1st may Argue the call and then use your bribe. But, if you rolled a 1 on your Argue the call, you then can't use your bribe for that player.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
With new skills like 'Pile Driver" and "Arm Bar" I fear the new designers are more wrasslin' fans than football fans. :/

That is true. I was thinking the same thing. Rolling Eyes

On a positive note, I am very happy to see that it looks like fouling has been significantly buffed. I hope I have a Sneaky Git saw on my goblin team before the new rules kick in.

Actually, I hope to have a Sneaky Git and a couple of Dirty players on all my teams. Especially if guard can add assists to fouls.

I am all in for more fouling!

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Garion, I think you missed a fair bit of buffs regarding fouling:

When argue the call succeeds on a 6+, you suffer a turnover but now your player stays on the pitch (potentially fouling again next turn).
With a biased referee you can roll a 5+ (120k, or 80k if you have bribery and corruption). As the rules are written, a biased referee can never send off your coach for arguing.
Furthermore, bribery and corruption lets you reroll one 1 on an argue the call/game.
Sneaky git ignores doubles on the armor roll, so your sentoff chance is never worse than 5/36 after argue.

Absolutely. The original post was cobbled together prior to the full rulebook leaking.

I think with more teams getting cheap bribes as well fouling will be the way to go in this edition. 16 turns of fouling won't be uncommon when both teams have sneaky git on a few players.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

A question to natural english speakers : what is your reading on Mighty Blow and Claws skills in BB 2020 leaks ?

Do you consider it is still possible to use these skills when an opponent rolls Skull (or Both Down if he has no Block skill) against a Mighty Blow or Claws player as it is now ?

Or do you consider you only can use it during your turn (so this is a rule modification)?

Thanks in advance.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah this would be funny. Everyone is so upset about the redraft TV limit, but in the end redrafting might actually boost the general TV. Because in perpetual leagues you would get fouled down to values below 1000.
Nime_l_Ancien

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2020 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it's been discussed before but don't you think there is a little mistake for "wildly inaccurate" ? Omho I think this is "Wildly inaccurate : Less than 1" after modifiers applied (and not "1" the only result). Because if not I don't understand the interest of having "PA 1+" as it is the max for this characteristic.

Your thoughts about that ?
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2020 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Overall I like the changes. A few annoyances with the layout and the 5k player cost that you can not do anything else with.

Redraft is interesting if a team played 10 League Matches and 10 Friendly. Won 4 League and drew 2 they get a redraft budget of 1,500,000 + whatever is in Treasury about another 200,000. Even if you were spending that 200k on rehire of your seasoned players you can make a nice 1.5 mill team for the next season.

Rules have an optional redraft budget limit of 1,300,000. For anything but very short league seasons it is super easy to get more cash than that.

Last edited by Lyracian on Oct 31, 2020 - 01:16; edited 1 time in total
CAB

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2020 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure the league recommendation will be similar as in BB16 so teams probably would play about 8-16 games per season with about 10-12 games being quite normal for most table top leagues.

As far as I understand 1.3 million plus any cash in the treasury will then be normal too.

This is sort of what the game is balanced around in terms of team development and overall game balance and team tiers categorisation.

This should mean that seasoned teams should probably be played around 1300-1600 TV with topping out at around 1800TV around season play offs.

It might take a team around two seasons to reach peak performance. You are probably not going to rehire players for more than a few seasons with three to four seasons for a very select few players.

Perpetual leagues will always be something blood bowl is not designed for and will always produce artificial and strange team balancing issues. The same goes for leagues with 20+ games per season or if the redrafting rules allow for excessive amount of TV to be retained.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
As far as I understand 1.3 million plus any cash in the treasury will then be normal too.

the "plus treasury" is not how I read the rules. The section on re-draft budget says to add treasury before the part about the cap.

An extra 250k would make a big difference about rehiring players. I prefer the rules without a cap but we will have to see what individual commissioners want to do.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
CAB wrote:

the "plus treasury" is not how I read the rules. The section on re-draft budget says to add treasury before the part about the cap.

An extra 250k would make a big difference about rehiring players. I prefer the rules without a cap but we will have to see what individual commissioners want to do.

No... you are correct... the cash is included in the CAP... I was reading it wrong before and have been aware of that for a while. Forgot to edit that in the above post. Sad

The CAP is basically a suggestion and not a rule... it just is an indication for what is recommended for a normal small league using the board game with a few friends.

I see no reason why the CAP can't be 1400 or even 1500 if a season is more than 8-10 games.

But I do think the rules and player progression is written with teams staying at around 1200-1800TV roughly in general.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
A question to natural english speakers : what is your reading on Mighty Blow and Claws skills in BB 2020 leaks ?

Do you consider it is still possible to use these skills when an opponent rolls Skull (or Both Down if he has no Block skill) against a Mighty Blow or Claws player as it is now ?

Or do you consider you only can use it during your turn (so this is a rule modification)?

Thanks in advance.

Missed this question...

The rules seem pretty clear on this I think.

From the Mighty Blow section...

When an opposition player is Knocked Down as the result of a Block action performed by this player, you may modify...

That means if you are knocked down as a result of a Skull or Both Down during your own block action then the opponent should NOT be able to use their skill. The skill only seem to take effect if the player are performing the Block Action itself.

In BB2016 it clearly stated that you just add +1 to any armour or injury to any player knocked down during a block action. It mentioned nothing about the active player performing the action.
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks. That was also my understanding but wanted to be sure, as it is a real change too.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2020 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
Ok thanks. That was also my understanding but wanted to be sure, as it is a real change too.

This can actually mean that it can be quite beneficial to take a risky block against a MB or Claw player as one of your last actions as you can also mitigate that skill to some degree if things go badly. Perhaps even neglect using your Block skill to go down with something like a Dwarf blocker to avoid a Claw player with a pretty obvious 2D block in their turn.

So it is a new thing to take into consideration.
skritter

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mattwakeman wrote:
Don't like that some players can't pass full stop. I could see it on players like Minos but part of the craziness of blood bowl is that success is only ever a 'six' away.

But all players can pass. It's just if they have a PA -, then their pass attempts are an auto fumble. But they can still pass.
 Jump to: