31 coaches online • Server time: 08:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

skritter wrote:
mattwakeman wrote:
Don't like that some players can't pass full stop. I could see it on players like Minos but part of the craziness of blood bowl is that success is only ever a 'six' away.

But all players can pass. It's just if they have a PA -, then their pass attempts are an auto fumble. But they can still pass.

A fumble is not a pass. It is a fumble.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

skritter wrote:
But all players can pass. It's just if they have a PA -, then their pass attempts are an auto fumble. But they can still pass.

That really does seem to trying to split hairs about definitions. "PA -" Players can never make a successful pass. Which is what the complain is about.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gone is the rule of 1 is an auto failure and 6 an auto success ??

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
generally speaking, no.

But some players cannot Pass. They have a "-" instead of a number for their Passing Ability. They can however use a pass action but it is fumble 100% of the time.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
ThierryM wrote:
generally speaking, no.

But some players cannot Pass. They have a "-" instead of a number for their Passing Ability. They can however use a pass action but it is fumble 100% of the time.

How do these players even tie their cleats or not trip entering the pitch? Anyone (with hands) should have the ability to take a shot at picking up the ball and hucking it down the field. Removing that is asinine, so par for the course for GW rule makers.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

We're talking about zombies, mummies, etc. I dunno, it seems fitting to me,

We can debate if some players deserved a 6+ rather than a "-" but the "-" has a place in the game. Players that can hold the ball but have absolutely no idea how to chuck it.

There are some who will praise this rulebook no matter what, and that's their right, as it's others' right to ridicule such attitude, but let's not go overboard the other way in poo-pooing the creators of the game. It's almost as ridiculous as pretending that this version of fantasy handegg is not bashier than the previous one.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
We're talking about zombies, mummies, etc. I dunno, it seems fitting to me,

We can debate if some players deserved a 6+ rather than a "-" but the "-" has a place in the game. Players that can hold the ball but have absolutely no idea how to chuck it.

There are some who will praise this rulebook no matter what, and that's their right, as it's others' right to ridicule such attitude, but let's not go overboard the other way in poo-pooing the creators of the game. It's almost as ridiculous as pretending that this version of fantasy handegg is not bashier than the previous one.

It sounds like another attempt to reduce the fun & silliness to me.

I doubt that many people will start the drive planning to win the game with a last turn pass from a big un blocker.

If that is the only way to score it would be nice to be able to try it. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Garion wrote:
ThierryM wrote:
generally speaking, no.

How do these players even tie their cleats or not trip entering the pitch? Anyone (with hands) should have the ability to take a shot at picking up the ball and hucking it down the field. Removing that is asinine, so par for the course for GW rule makers.

Yeah I agree its stupid. Jusy an anti fun rule change. Make it 6 at worst, then fair enough for one or two special players like Deathroller, ball and chain, Wraith, squig hopper. But there is no need to ban zombie passes or what ever.

Its not a big deal really, but just a pointless change that no one I know wants.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
fair enough for one or two special players like Deathroller, ball and chain, Wraith, squig hopper. But there is no need to ban zombie passes or what ever.

Its not a big deal really, but just a pointless change that no one I know wants.

That is my thoughts on this as well. It is a fine rule when you apply it to a few players such as Minotours and other Big Guys without TTM but I dislike having a whole team with their linemen not being able to throw.

It is kind of funny when you look at Orcs that an untraining Troll can throw the ball better than a Big Un Blocker!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ehhh i could seee people having complained about losing games due to a zombie pass. It is completely hopeless, but oh look! a 6 works! .. for a longbomb pass from a zombie.

I think it would be better if these players could do quick passes on a 6+, and anything else is an auto fail, but that's a complicated change, so making them simply fail any pass is probably fine.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to make pass a bit harder than 6+ with a D6 you can use the 7+ rule of WHFB for shooting, i.e. you need to roll a 6 then a 4+; an 8+ is a 6 followed by a 5+, while a 9+ is a 6 followed by a 6.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a timeline for when the official release is, and for when various things are implemented in fumbbl? when things get to fumbbl, will we get a full changelog that lists all the stuff that's new to fumbbl and how everything will work?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So, non-passers can't pass at all. How about dedicated passers aren't allowed to block? Seems fair to me. Most QBs don't throw blocks, and when they do it is more of a screen. So passers should all be B(lock)-. What else can we overcomplicate?

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
ehhh i could seee people having complained about losing games due to a zombie pass. It is completely hopeless, but oh look! a 6 works! .. for a longbomb pass from a zombie.

I think it would be better if these players could do quick passes on a 6+, and anything else is an auto fail, but that's a complicated change, so making them simply fail any pass is probably fine.

But, but that right there is EXACTLY what is awesome about BB. That on the last turn a nobody zombie can get lucky and haphazardly send up a prayer that is answered by nuffle. That is what BB is to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

But, but that right there is EXACTLY what is awesome about BB. That on the last turn a nobody zombie can get lucky and haphazardly send up a prayer that is answered by nuffle. That is what BB is to me.

Sorry Mate. Our time is done.

Jump to: