33 coaches online • Server time: 16:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 16:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pics of new Necro models floating around. Look sweet. A bit of a Halloween theme almost.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Frowny wrote:
clearly against the spirit of the game.

In what way? Usually stalling is accompanied by heavy bashing, which is certainly in the spirit of the game. Blood Bowl being based on American Football, it is certainly in the spirit of that game. And most sports have a kind of stalling factor. Proper Football even includes extensive chants to encourage their own team stalling when up in the second half. It is almost an artform.

The sports that do regulate stalling still have their players stall to the limits provided. Basketball implemented a shot clock but if a team is up late they will still use every second of the clock to run it out. Combat sports generally have a penalty for stalling, but even so top BJJ players will stall in spurts by giving the impression they are trying to advance when in reality they are just sitting in a cradle.

The spirit of any game is to win, within the rules. Stalling helps you win. I would say Elf mirror matches WITHOUT stalling are against the spirit of the game, they are just SPP farming with lots of TDs and no real strategic goal of winning.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Although stalling is part of the game, it may have a coach's skill aspect and it's needed to control the tempo of the game and mitigate the Kick-Off table events, stalling without risking anything (for example because a team has been clearly outbashed due to lucky early CAS or other reasons) may make a game very boring, and a BB match is quite long.
In other words, there is a difference between 0 risk stall (safely waiting for turn 8 to score inside a cage vs 3 opponent players unable to sack the ball carrier) and tactical stalling (where positioning and tactical aspect are important, and every turn you are forced to risk something in order to keep stalling).
The 0 risk stalling should have some risks too (fewer than the tactical stalling but not 0 risk) to keep the game exciting and worth to be played.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect that the funky, badly rendered table with skills and stuff is either a testing document, or a hoax. I am not convinced it is legit and it is the final form of the skills and rules.
If i was GW, i would publish perfectly managed stuff, as printing material, preferably with nice pictures that sell products.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Pics of new Necro models floating around. Look sweet. A bit of a Halloween theme almost.

And they are not showing Wight Blitzers... Who knows, maybe we're getting 4 Fleshies or 4 wolves!
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Hi Garion,
sorry if this has already been stated before, but I'm pretty sure that the new price for ST+ is 80K, not 50K.

I have noticed some reporting it as 80k, others as 50k. It does look like 80k, but the picture is blurry, so I'm sticking with 50k until I have proof absolute. but thanks all the same Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
plasmoid wrote:
Hi Garion,
sorry if this has already been stated before, but I'm pretty sure that the new price for ST+ is 80K, not 50K.

I have noticed some reporting it as 80k, others as 50k. It does look like 80k, but the picture is blurry, so I'm sticking with 50k until I have proof absolute. but thanks all the same Smile

80k ST would make it borderline for most and a pass on many rolls.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

took this list of reddit, I've cleaned bits up where I can, as it's written really poorly. -

1, All teams have photos of the current or new GW minis,

2, 23 stars (24 if you include both Swift twins)

3, Some new skills, Brawler is exactly as per the ogre spike (I already covered this)

4, A new defensive skill that negates guard during opponents turn

5, Safe Pair of Hands, can choose where the ball goes when Knocked Down or Placed Prone

6, Jump any player can do (already covered this)

7, (I've edited this one out, as it was a comment on number 6. Just badly formatted)

8 if you have leap you can also do on standing or empty square, modifies jump if you do also (Again not sure what they mean here? can someone clarify if they understand this?)

9 Pile driver - After a Block/Blitz if the defender is knocked down and the attacker is still standing, the attacking player may make a free foul action, place the attacker prone if you elect to do so. (we assume Free foul action means they can still be sent off, but it does not use the turns foul action up)

10 arm bar - A player that fails a dodge, jump or leap away from a player that has this skill and is knocked down suffers +1 to their armour or injury roll.

11, Projectile Vomit: 2+ roll, if successful - make an armour roll against the target players. If successful then the defender is knocked prone + suffers and injury. On a result of a 1 the vomit effects attacker instead, following the same rules

12, Jump Up to block requires and AG test +1

13 Animal Savagery: wild animal + will knock down a standing adjacent TEAM MATE, who must roll for AV + injury, then can continue activation. If the Animal is next to no one then there is no effect except loses tackle zone and the players activation ends.

14, Swarming, allows D3 reserves ABOVE 11 players onto pitch

15 Terrible throw is a fumble without automatic turn over, can still save day by ball bouncing back to own player

16, Pregame to work out number of fans: D3 + FF

17, Winnings = fans (both teams) + TDs

18, Some SPP changes for league

Last edited by Garion on Aug 06, 2020 - 19:47; edited 4 times in total
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It is looking increasingly likely these "leaks" are deliberate, the way we are being spoon fed new things each day. I'm liking it though and the new Necros look awesome, plus GW just published pics of all the Orcs from the boxed set too.

I really like all the Black Orcs, Goblins and Varag. Though not sure why they chose Griff and Varag yet again, are they that popular? It would have been a perfect time to make new stars for both teams as neither humans nor Orcs have had a Spike yet.

The Necro pic doesn't include wights, but that might be because they couldn't fit 4 positionals into 1 spruce. Undead had 7 models on theirs, but 4 were linemen. So maybe Wights will still be on the team and you'll have to buy an undead team or Forgeworld will have them like the assassins and female ogres.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we are being spoon fed too. I also believe that necro will get wights replaced with a ghost of some sort, kinda like a positional version of the star player
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
I think we are being spoon fed too. I also believe that necro will get wights replaced with a ghost of some sort, kinda like a positional version of the star player

Ghosts are quite weak. They could be Wraiths.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Hi Garion,

Seems to be an absurdly high number. Especially if AV is +10.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking like these rosters are dead for now at least, though could come back further down the line - Amazons, Chaos Dwarf, High Elf, Khemri, Norse, Vamps.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
took this list of reddit, I've cleaned bits up where I can, as it's written really poorly. -

1, All teams have photos of the current or new GW minis,

2, 23 stars (24 if you include both Swift twins)

3, Some new skills, Brawler is exactly as per the ogre spike (I already covered this)

4, A new defensive skill that negates guard during opponents turn

5, Safe Pair of Hands, can choose where the ball goes when Knocked Down or Placed Prone

6, Jump any player can do (already covered this)

7, its for prone/stunned (not sure what they mean here? anyone?)

8 if you have leap you can also do on standing or empty square, modifies jump if you do also (Again not sure what they mean here? can someone clarify if they understand this?)

9 Pile driver - after block, if attacker still standing can apply free foul action, goes prone as a result

10 arm bar - A player that fails a dodge, jump or leap away from a player that has this skill and is knocked down suffers +1 to their armour or injury roll.

11, Projectile Vomit: 2+ roll, if successful - make an armour roll against the target players. If successful then the defender is knocked prone + suffers and injury. On a result of a 1 the vomit effects attacker instead, following the same rules

12, Jump Up to block requires and AG test +1

13 Animal Savagery: wild animal + will knock down a standing adjacent TEAM MATE, who must roll for AV + injury, then can continue activation. If the Animal is next to no one then there is no effect except loses tackle zone and the players activation ends.

14, Swarming, allows D3 reserves ABOVE 11 players onto pitch

15 Terrible throw is a fumble without automatic turn over, can still save day by ball bouncing back to own player

16, Pregame to work out number of fans: D3 + FF

17, Winnings = fans (both teams) + TDs

18, Some SPP changes for league
This is the piece of info i consider potentially suspect, incomplete, or hoax.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2020 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Garion wrote:
...stuff...

This is the piece of info i consider potentially suspect, incomplete, or hoax.

Yeah its very badly written. I haven't included any of it on the front page yet.