41 coaches online • Server time: 18:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the new rules eliminate natural oneturners?
Limit Max mv to 9, to hell with natural one turners
33%
 33%  [ 32 ]
No way that will favor bash way too much
40%
 40%  [ 38 ]
One Turn Pie
26%
 26%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 95

Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

given there are some new rules to be released, I would love to see the natural one turner possibility removed by reducing the max movement to 9 instead of 10.

one turner chances are still high enough, and you can go for skills like jugger and grab to specifically support it, but just having to dodge away all game then run in your one turner ist just not a fun time of blood bowl for me for either side.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted yes. But I'd go further. I'd love for turn 1 touchdowns to disallowed in all circumstances. (Then you could still have mv10 though). It is my least favourite part of the game.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Except for throw team mate OTTDs!

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, moving 13 paces in one turn should be impossible. I'd probably still allow MA10 and just put it in the Sprint skill.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Except for throw team mate OTTDs!

Absolutely. We need to keep anything that increases the chance of Trolls eating goblins. Nom nom nom.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oneturning is too important for agility teams to remove it completely, but natural oneturners are a major pain.
Either limit ma to 9, or do like verminardo said.
1 push ott seems powerful enough.
mekutata

Post 9 Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
I voted yes. But I'd go further. I'd love for turn 1 touchdowns to disallowed in all circumstances. (Then you could still have mv10 though). It is my least favourite part of the game.

why even play turn 16 then?

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Another way to nerf one turners would be making GFI (should I say Rush? Razz ) 2+, 3+, 4+.
I favour agile teams but I agree that one turners should be nerfed.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If ma10 is banned for 1turning, then kick teammate and throw teammate should also be dealt with. In the absence of ifs and whats, it should be about the principle.
Now, i do not mind either way, as long as it is consistent.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
why even play turn 16 then?

Yeah, I could follow that to its conclusion. If someone scores in T8 or T16, straight to end of half or end of match. Ofc you're giving up on a chance of scoring due to riot, etc. but I'd make that trade to speed up the game.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Yes, moving 13 paces in one turn should be impossible. I'd probably still allow MA10 and just put it in the Sprint skill.

+1

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
If ma10 is banned for 1turning, then kick teammate and throw teammate should also be dealt with. In the absence of ifs and whats, it should be about the principle.
Now, i do not mind either way, as long as it is consistent.

What? I don't understand your point.

An MA10 player can still one turn with a chain push. There no reason to change throw/kick teammate.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 15:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I know I’ll be in a minority on this one, but I dislike chain push OTS too. They look cool, they’re clever and can be difficult to execute, but they just break verisimilitude in a way that’s annoying to me. Guy can’t run fast enough to score but if he waits around for 6 of his team mates to shove a guy into him a few times then now he’s able to make it? Not for me thanks. In open play yeah, chain pushes are cool. For OTS I’d prefer it didn’t exist.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with mister__joshua.
They are a clever part of the gameplay but not realistic.
I know BB is not an accurate simulation of a real football game, but gaining squares and score in one turn is really verisimiltude-breaking.
A way to make them harder could be making the opponent choose the chainpush square, so if you chainpush a player of yours against an opponent player, the opponent chooses the chainpush square (i.e. the 3rd chainpush square).
Instead, if you push a player of yours against a team mate, you can choose.
 Jump to: