40 coaches online • Server time: 16:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you please add an option to hide teams of the main page? I keep a few teams for years without playing them simply because now is not the time for them but eventually (joining a league again or the race becomes official again) in future? It could help to have a clean main coach page and an overall good feeling.

For input on the rule change: I am not a fan of such a low TV cap. Still most won't bother.

Last edited by Dominik on Aug 08, 2020 - 23:25; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

With regards to using wins and draws for the season calculation, will casualties and TDs still count? To an extent, counting TDs is different - it rewards players for generous positive play rather than stalling for 1-0 or 2-1 wins.

Oscar Wilde
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

1350k cap sounds good. I play low TV teams and it should be enough for me to maintain an orc, undead, or amazon team.
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, with a 1350 k cap, I will have a hard time building up a 3000 k team.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm completely confused. Are we saying that teams in the competitive division will start their new season at max 1350TV?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I'm completely confused. Are we saying that teams in the competitive division will start their new season at max 1350TV?

I think this is the message.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Sableheart wrote:
Regarding the merging of box and ranked, I'm currently a box only player. The reason for this is that when I started playing, I didn't have the experience to accurately estimate the strength of a team. Others did, however, and I ended up in some very unfun matchups. With box, I can expect much fairer matchmaking (with some exceptions).

This is an important observation, and challenges the assumption that Blackbox is "hardcore".

Some of my easiest match-ups have been in the box.

merge R and B into C. Get rid of "hardcore" which will only reduce the frequency of getting a game, which in turn causes ppl to leave the site (sitting around 3hrs for a game is no fun).

If someone wants to only play auto-match ups, let them. That's still an option.

The whole point of Box was, you played whatever you were dealt. The moment you whine about TV gap, monoactivation, min/max, claw spam, OTT, or teams that cherried to get big...you tell the world you're not blackbox material and they'll hit the mute button during your tl;dr manifesto.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought: if you can choose to end a season at less than the 15 game cap, can you do it after 1 game? There may be some odd meta incentives to time early season ends to build larger teams? E.g. end a season after say 5 games if you have a large treasury and can keep all your players under the cap. You know have another 15 games to expand your team for the Fumbbl cup or whatever.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder whether the Ranked 1 on 10 rule will still be applied to normal teams when playing vs other normal teams with GF.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We are many different coaches on Fumbbl, and likely there are just as many different ways we prefer our Blood Bowl.

People like certain teams, certain opponents, certain skills, certain types of games, etc.

Which TV range one prefers to compete in is one of these preferences.

NAF caters to a whole community who like playing competitively at 1000-1200 TV.

Some people love playing Blackbox at 2000+ TV

Others again prefer playing between 1200 and 1500.

And most of us probably prefer more than just one of these things.

So there is no "objectively best" TV range to play this game. As it comes down to personal preferance and enjoyment.

By defining a certain average TV range (always re-starting at 1250-1350 with 15 games for example), you essentially risk pigeonholing the competitive fumbbl community to just play one average TV range, over and over and over.

As alluring as this thought of uniformity seems, especially in terms of entering tournaments, may I propose a slight tweak?

Let the starting point and season lengths vary slightly across the course of a year.

An example with some arbitrary numbers to show what I mean:

1st quarter of the year, seasons start at 1100-1200 develope for N games, and can then enter this year's springtime Major.

2nd quarter, seasons start at 1250-1350 and develop for N games, then enter the summer Major.

3rd quarter, another set of variables.

4th quarter, seasons start at 1400-1500 and develop for N games, and then enter Fumbbl Cup.¨

A solution along these lines will ensure more variety and that as many competitive Blood Bowl tastebuds as possible are catered too.

By limiting the season to the same starting point all the time, we risk that only the ones who enjoy this particular range, and don't really want to play anything else, are the real benefactors of the new competitive division.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Just a thought: if you can choose to end a season at less than the 15 game cap, can you do it after 1 game? There may be some odd meta incentives to time early season ends to build larger teams? E.g. end a season after say 5 games if you have a large treasury and can keep all your players under the cap. You know have another 15 games to expand your team for the Fumbbl cup or whatever.

Each player gets 20k more expensive to rebuy after each season.
Ending a season early is basically just so you can rebuild if you lost too many players.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The new hyperbreeding of teams will probably entail massive farming / cycling for good random skills, for those coaches who have the time and nerve...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the season redraft, but a potential issue of 1350 TV redrafting could be narrowing down the playable races.
At that TV some races are stronger, I guess that many people would play Dwarfs, Norse, Amazons, Undead, Wood Elves, Humans etc.
Playing teams requiring more development such as Chaos, Nurgle, Vampires for 15 games would be less appealing (if not utterly pointless), and the racial variety could be poor.
Maybe there is no "objectively best TV" but in my opinion, the redraft TV should allow people to play a wide variety of races, not just low TV powerhouses.

About the "objectively best TV": I guess that a way to choose the season redraft hard cap TV could be gathering data to know at which TV as many as possible races have the closest win % amongst them, and then using a Season number of games meant to achieve that TV (not possible to do this now, because we lack rosters, new rules and data, but it's just to explain the reasoning).

For example, let's say that 21 on 24 teams have the closest win rate at 1600 (I'm using 1600 just as example) then the season redraft hard cap should be TV 1600.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 09, 2020 - 01:45; edited 2 times in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Also don't forget that skills are more expensive now...
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

remember though, you easily gain several hundred tv during a season. this just means that teams go through a cycle, starting at 1350 tv, and going up to, whatever they get up to during a season (1700?)

that means the range is actually 1350-1700, and that's a fair range for almost all teams to be competitive.
 Jump to: