44 coaches online • Server time: 20:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Doofr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

vaclav wrote:
For game to be more balanced i suggest there should be just one race, preferably dwarfs.

+1 and the best would be if we could buy the result of the dices sometimes with gold that would be so strategic

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

People are talking about a part of the fumbbl experience that they fear will be lost forever and you just keep making generic statements about blood bowl that stopped adding anything at least two pages ago.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

vaclav wrote:
For game to be more balanced i suggest there should be just one race, preferably dwarfs.

Nonsense. It should be halflings.

Everyone should use exactly the same roster and no player should ever be removed from the pitch.

We should probably get rid of all those silly die rolls too.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
People are talking about a part of the fumbbl experience that they fear will be lost forever and you just keep making generic statements about blood bowl that stopped adding anything at least two pages ago.

My statement have everything to do with the original blog post of the OP of this thread. I suppose my input is as valid as everyone else about this... no!!!

I do understand if some people think that the new rules will change things... I think it can be for the better, others don't. I get that...

I simply tried to find a good angle to how FUMBBL can reconcile with the spirit of the new rules.

I think that overall the blog post by the OP of the thread seem to be OK in my opinion, others fear that they will no longer be able to play with the type of teams they used to play with and that is fine too.

Not everyone like change and that is understandable. I have very little emotional baggage invested in this fight.

In my opinion it IS about the spirit of the new rules versus the old rules.

I just tried to put forth argument for why the new rules can produce a better overall experience, one that I would like to play in at least.

I suppose that everyone's opinion have to matter to some degree, even someone that might not agree with some of the more long running fans.

I also suggested to divide it into two pools... one with a lower match count and a cap and one with no limits and still use the 2D6 roll for skills. That would make it so people can choose what they want to play with. You then would find out what people like the most, there is a way to compromise here.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
pokrjax wrote:

My statement have everything to do with the original blog post of the OP of this thread. I suppose my input is as valid as everyone else about this... no!!!

I do understand if some people think that the new rules will change things... I think it can be for the better, others don't. I get that...

I simply tried to find a good angle to how FUMBBL can reconcile with the spirit of the new rules.

I think that overall the blog post by the OP of the thread seem to be OK in my opinion, others fear that they will no longer be able to play with the type of teams they used to play with and that is fine too.

Not everyone like change and that is understandable. I have very little emotional baggage invested in this fight.

In my opinion it IS about the spirit of the new rules versus the old rules.

I just tried to put forth argument for why the new rules can produce a better overall experience, one that I would like to play in at least.

I suppose that everyone's opinion have to matter to some degree, even someone that might not agree with some of the more long running fans.

I also suggested to divide it into two pools... one with a lower match count and a cap and one with no limits and still use the 2D6 roll for skills. That would make it so people can choose what they want to play with. You then would find out what people like the most, there is a way to compromise here.

I think you've missed the point. Notice nearly no one has an issue with the new rules.

The controversy is around how seasons will be implemented (keep in mind seasons are not new), where a TV limit is a commissioner rule.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear CAB,

I will try to be as gentle as possible about this, even though I no longer have anything to lose if I get banned for breaking the rules.

There is a very simple reason indeed why your continued trolling in this thread is pissing people off.

You keep theorising about a comparison between old situation and a new one, while you know absolutely nothing about the old situation. At the same time, nobody knows anything yet about the new situation.

The people who DO know the old situation have at least some sort of clue about what it is they will lose, regardless of how the new situation will work out. Just as a "for instance" I have players that have been on my teams for over 5 years and hundreds of games. That was my favorite part of the game, which I suppose you can call an RPG type of fetish and that is exactly the kind of playing a perpetual format like Fumbbl has always facilitated.

You on the other hand know neither the old OR the new situation and thus your opinions simply don't matter. We've had our fair share of TheoryBowl players here over the years and none of them have ever made a significant contribution to the community in terms of things like playing games, running leagues, volunteering for the site or making donations. Yet you claim some sort of divine right to pullute discussions about the state and future of a community you contribute nothing to. In fact, you keep calling Christer the OP of the thread, while is the person kind enough to let you log onto HIS server to spread your bullshit and poison HIS community.

If there is indeed a place where you've played anough Bloodbowl you gain some validity to your opinions, perhaps you may find people there you care what you think. By all means go there and post your drivel.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played FUMBBL a long time ago and I know sort of how it works... so I know a few things... Wink

I do understand that this a sensitive matter.

I also would like to play in a more competitive setting IF these new seasonal rules comes into play as it will make the game more inclusive in a competitive climate. As I would not be able to play more than a few games a month I could still play in a competitive environment, it is hard to do that in the current environment if you don't play allot of games.

This is my opinion on the matter... I suppose new players to the site is needed... no?!?

And I'm no stranger to Blood Bowl...

In my opinion the new seasonal rule will make the competitive side allot more inclusive as you will not be able to farm teams any longer. This can make really strong a good coaches that have very little time to actually be competitive and that I thin is a very good thing.

It should make the game more inclusive.

I also now that Christer is the maker of the game, calling someone OP is just a thing you do in a forum... big deal. I have been on these forum since forever so I know full well about more than you think I do, even if I have not been actively playing for a VERY long time.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 10:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not as active on Fumbbl as I once was, either in playtime or Admin, but I do still read the forums a few times a week. I've been avoiding this thread for about 30 pages, but I think it's perhaps time to say something.

CAB has jumped into this thread to express an opinion and has mostly been shouted down, called a troll and told his opinion isn't valid. I'll admit I haven't read every post, but from what I can see he hasn't been hostile, most posts have a pleasant tone and try to reconcile opposing viewpoints, but he's been met with unnecessary vitriol for not subscribing to the 'sky is falling' viewpoint that seems to be in vogue. It's all a bit sad really. I don't think this is the community we want to be, is it? So stop it. Not because you 'have nothing to lose' but just because it makes you look a bit silly.

If it carries on I'll lock the thread.

Cheers

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Steady on.

Now, I am as ****** off as anyone. In this current age though, I think it is topical to say that "all opinions matter". Wink

Personally, I do think that it is logical that a person that doesn't know the environment is more likely to be wrong about that environment than someone who does.

CAB has used a reasonable tone and civil language as far as I can see.

Either way, Christer has made the decision. The future belongs to guys like CAB and not to us. We just have to hope that they turn up and play and the site carries on until the next rule change. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you elaborate how it is hard to play competative games in the current environment when one only has the time to play a game or two a month? With the exception of leagues and majors, everything is TV matched so all matches should be competative.

The bulk of the argument for me, seems to stem from how high TV you have the most fun playing at, and thus how much a redraft cap of X would impact you.

I don't have much time to play but enjoy playing at the higher end of TV. As such, I don't have time to rebuild teams for 10 games to have 5 games at the TV i enjoy more.

Everyone has fun in different ways, so there will be differences of opinion
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:

I also now that Christer is the maker of the game, calling someone OP is just a thing you do in a forum... big deal. I have been on these forum since forever so I know full well about more than you think I do, even if I have not been actively playing for a VERY long time.

You have been on the forum since "forever" but still call Christer the OP?

CAB wrote:
I have played FUMBBL a long time ago and I know sort of how it works... so I know a few things... Wink

I don't think that you know as much as you think you do. Smile

CAB wrote:

I also would like to play in a more competitive setting IF these new seasonal rules comes into play as it will make the game more inclusive in a competitive climate. As I would not be able to play more than a few games a month I could still play in a competitive environment, it is hard to do that in the current environment if you don't play allot of games.

If you can only play a few games a month I don't see what the new rules do for you that the old rules don't.

You can already play "competitive" games in the box.
If you are able to schedule games, then you can play capped tournaments like Minors, Rumbbles & Brawls.
There are hundreds of different leagues and tournaments running in the League division.

If you have difficulty scheduling matches then you probably shouldn't be thinking about entering Majors.

CAB wrote:
In my opinion the new seasonal rule will make the competitive side allot more inclusive as you will not be able to farm teams any longer. This can make really strong a good coaches that have very little time to actually be competitive and that I thin is a very good thing.

It should make the game more inclusive.

I agree that this will make Majors more inclusive. But for me, without the bigger, famous teams, they are not "Majors" in the same way. Anyone on Fumbbl can run a 1800TV tounament. The new Majors may be much bigger I just don't see the attraction. The vast majority of coaches will still have almost zero chance of winning. But now we will also lose the chance to be a Giant Killer.

I am still kinda questioning your ability to compete on only a few games a month.
1. Can you get matches scheduled?
2. You still have the god awful grind up from 1350 to what? 1700/1800?

If you take a beating, is that it? Are you screwed until next season?

This sounds worse the more I think about it. Mr. Green

As it stands, if you cannot hang with the unlimited monster teams, you can play a 2000TV tournament. If you can't hang with the 2000TV teams, you can play a 1800TV tournament. etc, etc all the way down to 1000TV "brand new teams only"

Seriously. How are the new rules better?

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played bloodbowl since the early 90s and therefore believe I know something about the game. I am however very much a latecomer to FUMBBL and with less than 300 games played I accept my opinion quite rightly means less and is less well informed than those with 1000s of games who have contributed for years.

That being the case, all opinions are NOT equal. I'll go on record and say I don't like the new rule changes we've seen, not only because I don't like how I think they'll change the way the game is played but also because I think they are in a large way carelessly thought out. I resent the wholesale overhauling of something that wasn't broken in the first place. A few tweaks might have been welcomed.

Arguments can go on and on about the minutiae of this or that but the fact that fumbbl as we know it will be completely different can't be denied. Dissenting opinions being "shouted down" is a shame but perfectly understandable. Especially when those opinions, however reasonably put, are not accepting the basic premise of people's grievances in the first place and are aired by those who haven't contributed anything to the site in years.

If someone doesn't give a damn about low tv rinse and repeat seasonal match play then why would they be expected to care about how the new rule set is beneficial to this?

Fumbbl is best because you can play any kind of bloodbowl you want. We don't know how the new ruleset will work until we play it but its a safe bet it won't have the variety it has now.

No one gives a toss if the new rules help one type of play or correct an imaginary imbalance if they are clearly wrecking something that they like. I don't the changes as anything other than bad for variety and in thinking that it seems I'm in good company.

Nothing any of us can do about it now of course and I personally think this thread has long since out lived its original purpose even if it still has life as a general forum for entertaining and occasionally robust discussion.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I have said my opinion on the matter and what I think might be a more healthy competitive environment.

I also understand if some people will not like it and are allot more emotionally invested than I am. It is fine if you bash and shout at me... it sometimes is good to get rid of some anger... Wink

I have no clue how many games I will be able to play and for how long... I usually play in periods so that usually mean quite a few games in a shorter period, perhaps a few months and then nothing for several months. I obviously would have to play the game necessary to finish a season in the time allowed once committed.

At least I'm looking forward to the new rule set and that is why I'm back here and was interested in perhaps start playing. I have played BB since the beginning so I'm not a beginner on the game itself and I have played off and on with the computer version too.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:

Nothing any of us can do about it now of course and I personally think this thread has long since out lived its original purpose even if it still has life as a general forum for entertaining and occasionally robust discussion.

Agree.